Pretty sure Porter is gonna be a rough fight for Spence

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
am i like the only one who believes this?

Why do you all act like Spence is a WW boogeyman? He was getting tagged clean by Brook for a good portion of rounds 1-6 in their fight. And brook was having his moments even when his eye was fucked. Yes Spence got thru it and won good for him. Made him a better fighter. But he wasn’t exactly dominating for a good portion of that fight

Since then he has beaten up a lamont peterson (good win) a FW and Ocampo.

Porter fucked up Berto, beat Danny Garcia and had a good fight with Thurman (pre injury). Ugas was a rough fight but Ugas fights nothing like Spence who will be there in the pocket all night

In addition Porter’s style is a weird one for Spence. Headbutts, roughhouse tactics, granite chin, big punches for all 12. And you guys think Spence just walks thru him?

I don’t think so.

I agree with you. This fight will be very competitive.

It will be fun for a few rounds and then Spence will break him. Spence is the boogeyman and he will stop Porter.

It will be fun for a few rounds and then Spence will break him. Spence is the boogeyman and he will stop Porter.
Ill be very suprised tbh

Danny garcia and Thurman landed massive shots on Porter who ate them and kept coming

Yet Spence is gonna break him? We will see how Spence reacts to the first headbutt on his nose

Ill be very suprised tbh

Danny garcia and Thurman landed massive shots on Porter who ate them and kept coming

Yet Spence is gonna break him? We will see how Spence reacts to the first headbutt on his nose
Well, chins dont get better with time for one. Spence wont get pushed around. Well see how Porter reacts to someone who can match and best his physicality.

Porter’s chin is bound to fall off a cliff at some point. Spence will slow him down with bodywork and catch him cleaner and cleaner coming in. Porter won’t have tons of success mauling in the meantime as Spence is strong and he’s good in the clinch. I can see Porter back off eventually and lose the decision, or getting TKOed late.

If Brook could contain him with small steps and a use of straight punches, I expect Spence to handle him, wear him out and exhaust him with body punches.

porter is going to be a rough fight for pretty much everyone, that's what he is. rough.

but spence is the truth, man. he is going to outbox him quite comfortably on the outside, and do heavy damage with his body work on the inside. i expect porter to try to wrestle him, and it's going to be competitive for a while when he does that, but eventually spence will figure him out and start hurting him there as well. i'd like to say spence by late stoppage, but it's more likely he wins a wide decision.

Spence is a level above them and Brooks landed some nice ones on GGG too.
Itll be close for the first 3. Spence will take over in the 4th. The 5th and 6th he'll pick it up a little more slightly before putting it on Porter heavy in the 7th and 8th.
9th he'll stop Porter with heavy body shots and then a few to the head with the ref jumping in.
Spence will put Porter down once prior to that

Porter is game but I think Spence takes this by stoppage.

Porter has an unpleasant but effective style, he gives everyone fits no matter what, if he gets stopped by Spence that would be a huge statement for Spence.

Porter got dropped by Broner, his chin isn't rock solid when that unseen punch comes (like anyone else). He looked shocked as fuck when it happened too. I expect some brutal dirty infighting and probably someone gets cut from a headbutt. Depending on who it is, THAT could change the complexion of the match. I don't think anyone is walking through anyone's best shot though.

Ok, So I don't think anyone thinks Porter is a can, or won't poise challenges to Spence, what people are saying is that Spence is fully equipped to deal with everyone of these challenges where as Porter is not fully equipped to deal with the challenges Spence is going to poise to him. Porter is skilled, has great composure, knows how to use his physicality to rough someone up, is very strong, and is tough as hell, but that is only going to take him so far against Spence and if anything will probably be to his detriment.

Spence fought and stopped and dropped Brook, one of the top ranked Elite WW's at the time, who was undefeated at the weight, of course the fight was competitive during the first half of the fight but as the fight went into the later rounds Spence proceeded to break Brook down and beat the hell out of him busting his face up. This is the same Brook that traveled to America and neutralized Shawn physicality and took the IBF title from him. Also, when asked Kell brook himself who fought both fighters predicts that Errol will stop Shawn in the late rounds. Oh and Mikey won a LW title from a guy that is now a top ten WW so lets not over minimize that win.

Most reasonably people give Shawn enough credit that he should be able to make a good account of himself and Shawn is a tough and game fighter who will have his moments through the entire fight, but I also think that their will be no question of who is going to win this fight especially as the fight gets into the later rounds.

Ok, So I don't think anyone thinks Porter is a can, or won't poise challenges to Spence, what people are saying is that Spence is fully equipped to deal with everyone of these challenges where as Porter is not fully equipped to deal with the challenges Spence is going to poise to him. Porter is skilled, has great composure, knows how to use his physicality to rough someone up, is very strong, and is tough as hell, but that is only going to take him so far against Spence and if anything will probably be to his detriment.

Spence fought and stopped and dropped Brook, one of the top ranked Elite WW's at the time, who was undefeated at the weight, of course the fight was competitive during the first half of the fight but as the fight went into the later rounds Spence proceeded to break Brook down and beat the hell out of him busting his face up. This is the same Brook that traveled to America and neutralized Shawn physicality and took the IBF title from him. Also, when asked Kell brook himself who fought both fighters predicts that Errol will stop Shawn in the late rounds. Oh and Mikey won a LW title from a guy that is now a top ten WW so lets not over minimize that win.

Most reasonably people give Shawn enough credit that he should be able to make a good account of himself and Shawn is a tough and game fighter who will have his moments through the entire fight, but I also think that their will be no question of who is going to win this fight especially as the fight gets into the later rounds.
I have to rewatch Brook vs Porter

Im the only one that thinks it was a close fight, everybody else, including yourself say Brook won convincingly, I just dont remember it being that way.

Shaun Porter is a beast and can be a rough fight for anyone, including Spence. Great fight. This is the kind of fight we need to see Spence in.

I wouldn't be surprised if it went all 12 rounds but I just think that Spence is a better boxer and will be able to deal with whatever Porter brings.

Porter with his style can be a real problem for about anyone.
I’m high on Spence so I curious to see how Spence handles porters style.

Porter is no joke, but like most said here, I think Spence sparks him.

Porter comes in a little crazy sometimes and could get caught with something but yeah, I agree that Spence is going to have to put in some work for this one.

Back