Elections President Trump…

If I had my druthers Trump would run and win a 2nd term...but since I don't think he can win id rather him not run

2-02851_ShitShow_Sticker.jpg

If not for that massive landslide win for DeSantis, Trump probably stomps everyone on his way to another nomination. But I think it's different now.

Maybe. Other governors did comparably well. The huge amount of federal money gave them all a great opportunity. Also doesn't mean much with regard to the 2024 primary. Remember that Chris Christie did even better in a much tougher environment in 2013 and flopped in the presidential primary.

The fear of Trump isn't gone within the party, but there's just a lot of genuine dislike of him and now there's a guy that the anti-Trump R's can rally behind and who they believe will stand up to him and straight beat him in the primary. The downside for a lot of them is that DeSantis ideologically still aligns with Trump a lot.

Party elites don't like Trump. The base still loves him. We'll see how elite support of RDS transfers to the base. My guess is not as well as a lot of people seem to think. Remember Rubio and Scott Walker?

Trump splitting the party to run as an Independent is the wild card of course. I imagine the behind the scenes battles regarding that aspect would be interesting to hear. Putting his actual supporters aside, how many will begrudgingly still side with him because of the threat of him handing the Dems the election were he not to get the nomination? How many will stick to their guns and back DeSantis even in knowing it may mean almost no chance of winning the presidency?

Yeah, that's another issue. I think basically zero party elites will decide not to back Trump if he wins the nomination.

Maybe. Other governors did comparably well. The huge amount of federal money gave them all a great opportunity. Also doesn't mean much with regard to the 2024 primary. Remember that Chris Christie did even better in a much tougher environment in 2013 and flopped in the presidential primary.

Party elites don't like Trump. The base still loves him. We'll see how elite support of RDS transfers to the base. My guess is not as well as a lot of people seem to think. Remember Rubio and Scott Walker?

Yeah, that's another issue. I think basically zero party elites will decide not to back Trump if he wins the nomination.

To be fair, Walker was never anywhere near as popular as DeSantis is now. Even at his peak he wasn't winning elections by those huge margins. I know, because I'm in WI. He was a vanilla candidate with little personality. DeSantis isn't a huge personality either but he's got a lot more charisma than Walker had.

Edit: Saw the Christie reference in the other post and that's a better comparison. I can't remember exactly how his ship sunk but I think his demeanor and physical appearance honestly turned a lot of voters off.

Republicans need to immediately start growing their ballot harvesting operations (where it's legal) and do everything else the Dems are doing if they want a chance. And unify the party. Ron's great, but let's be honest he doesn't have the charm Don does.

Republicans need to immediately start growing their ballot harvesting operations (where it's legal) and do everything else the Dems are doing if they want a chance. And unify the party. Ron's great, but let's be honest he doesn't have the charm Don does.

when i think of charm, diaper don isnt exactly the first person to come to mind lol

Back