• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prem Euro 2024 Thread v1: Euro Madness Group Stage Edition

I'm steady in third on KickTipp. :cool:

There-s-No-Way-But-Up.gif

/

That-Was-Insane-And-Inappropriate.gif

Do you speak Russian? (or Finnish)? 🤔

Edit: or Samisk?
No, no, and fuck NO!! Why would I? Do you speak Gaelic or Welsh ?( keep in mind you could fully do that and I wouldn't bat an eye)
@650lb Sumo I'm team Italy but she could me make think about it... :rolleyes::oops:😵‍💫😇

@Ignicious they not having much available on free tv up at yours? I thought stuff like WC, Euros, Olympic Games are free everywhere.
Tv2 (the commercially financed channel) and NRK (the BBC of Norway) share the rights to this Euroes. Olympic games is full NRK I think.
Money talks here as every other place

No, no, and fuck NO!! Why would I? Do you speak Gaelic or Welsh ?( keep in mind you could fully do that and I wouldn't bat an eye)

Tv2 (the commercially financed channel) and NRK (the BBC of Norway) share the rights to this Euroes. Olympic games is full NRK I think.
Money talks here as every other place
I know a few words of Gaelic, but no. Those aren't the first languages of bordering countries with millions of speakers though. Like most Britons learn French in school. I suppose more people will speak some Finnish/Russian/Sami up north.

I just find the thought of you watching a sports stream in a language you don't understand amusing. 😀

By the way they were interviewing a Hungarian player earlier and when he spoke Hungarian I thought oh that sounds like Finnish. I checked some words:

apple - omena - alma
horse - hevonen - ló
fire - tuli - tűz
water - vesi - víz

Hungarian and Finnish separated 5,000 years ago but you can still see the resemblance in most of those words.

<TheWire1>

By the way they were interviewing a Hungarian player earlier and when he spoke Hungarian I thought oh that sounds like Finnish. I checked some words:

apple - omena - alma
horse - hevonen - ló
fire - tuli - tűz
water - vesi - víz

Hungarian and Finnish separated 5,000 years ago but you can still see the resemblance in most of those words.

<TheWire1>
@Rawex is from Finland. Is dis true Raw? :eek:

@650lb Sumo it's either watching a foreign stream or not watching at all. I have never paid for sports when I can see it for free. Don't mind foreign language.

Most streams are available in english though. But if they are choppy, I'll rather watch a steady stream. No matter language
Russian is a good language for getting free content. Norwegian/Swedish/Danish aren't good at all. A lot of stuff released in English isn't even dubbed, as you know. You can get some books/ebooks though. But even some of those I found on Russian sites.

Back