Prelim Review: Ringside Heritage Sparring Gloves w/pics

Airdyne23

The Violent Art
@purple
Reaction score
Alright so I know you want pics, scroll down and check them out then come back and read my review lol!!

This is a preliminary review for Ringsides brand new Heritage Sparring gloves in 16oz lace-up. So far I

2z6ia9e.jpg

2hoxo1y.jpg

6rncky.jpg

How did you pick these up?! I've been waiting for them to come out!

These are easily the most comfortable gloves I’ve ever used. The fit is perfect, they are incredibly light and the lining is heaven on your hands. You could spar all day in these and your hands wouldn’t feel a thing.

Do your hands get hot in them? And how're they compared to winnings?

awesome review. I also am interested in how they stack up with winnings.

Do your hands get hot in them? And how're they compared to winnings?

They are well ventilated despite the nice thick leather. I would imagine the lace-up version is a bit more breathable than Ringsides other elastic cover gloves.

The lining does a great job of dissipating the heat, and they dry quickly.

awesome review. I also am interested in how they stack up with winnings.

I'd have them just about equal. But for the price, these are $199 compared to $350 + shipping for Winning.

I also like the classic look of these a bit more than Winning (which have a nice clean look as well).

let us know how they perform on your mother-in-law!

Ringside should be really proud of themselves cos it looks like they really did make a new world class boxing glove

edit: so purely in terms of quality of materials and craftmanship, and at this early juncture, how do you feel they stack up to Cletos, Grants and Winnings?

edit: so purely in terms of quality of materials and craftmanship, and at this early juncture, how do you feel they stack up to Cletos, Grants and Winnings?

I'd rate them as good as the big 3. The materials and craftmanship on these is world class.

It's obvious the leather is supreme quality when part of the price includes leather oil as well to condition it with.

Thanks for the review Blair. You had posted in my thread about the heritage gloves thanks for the pics and great review. As you may have read I'm in the market for a glove to replace my cleto Reyes training gloves. As I've had some hand issues I wanted to ask you how the hand protection compares to winning as you say 200 vs 355 plus shipping if these were nearly as protective I'd go these. They don't take Aussie credit cards so need to work around that but other than that they look good. Interested to hear your thoughts.

As I've had some hand issues I wanted to ask you how the hand protection compares to winning as you say 200 vs 355 plus shipping if these were nearly as protective I'd go these.

To me it's a split decision. The Winning foam has a softer feel and the IMF is a bit firmer and springier, but as far as protection goes they are both excellent.

The Ringside are far better value in my opinion.

They don't take Aussie credit cards so need to work around that but other than that they look good. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Not sure why they don't take Aussie credit cards? I mean Visa/Mastercard etc are accepted world wide.

In any case, the Ringside and CSI guys have been helping me out directly with email orders so I just go straight through them instead of the website. I think US customers should be ok but maybe you should send Darrin Clauder (who posts here on Sherdog) a message and ask him to help you out with ordering.

Thanks Blair. Seems your right re ordering I know a while ago they either would not ship it or wouldn't accept my card wanted a USA billing address if I recall. Seems ok now gave me a shipping cost etc. might just email Darrin first as per your suggestion. Definitely cheaper than winning. Winning are now 355 plus shipping. Big price difference. Thanks again or your review.

where did you get these in lace up? on the ringside page they only come in Velcro.

Where did you get the heritage gloves in lace up? there not on ringside site

Several have asked so I will let you in on a little secret, I gave the gloves to Blair. As many of you know Blair's feedback is very respected on this board. I have been very clear from the Heritage launch that this line is the best boxing equipment ever produced. All I have asked Blair in return is to give everyone honest feedback in this forum. If he doesn't like something about the glove I encourage him to let us all know. The 16 oz. lace-ups he got are one of the first pieces pulled from the production line being produced as we speak. They will be up for sale to the general public in Feb.

I took the comments of many on this site to our new ownership about getting things tested with some fellow sherdogers for review. This is the first of many I hope to do in the future.

Please look for nomilkforsanta's review of the Heritage Pro Fight Gloves that I sent him which will release to the public around the same date in Feb.

Respectfully,

Darrin Clauder

just something I was wondering - what's the reason for the difference in closure of the velcro heritage bag gloves vs. velcro heritage sparring gloves?

minowafanatic-
I wish it was something exciting but its not. We made the closures different because the two end products would have looked too similar even though they are not. I like the design/look of the super bag closure better but the sparring offers better support.
Thanks,
Darrin Clauder

Back