Prelim Review: Ringside Heritage Sparring Gloves w/pics

will these sparring gloves last on the bag?

and will the bag glove version have lace-up as an alternative to the hook&loop as well or not?

Minowafanatic-
You can always use IMF Gloves on the bags. It will shorten the life of the gloves a little but I believe most people on this site are purchasing several pairs of gloves a year from what I have read.

There are currently no plans for a lace up bag glove but the Pro Fight would be a great option for this. I am sure you read this already but nomilkforsanta should have a review up later this week on them.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder
\

Darrin,

Can you please describe how the foam of the Heritage sparring and Heritage super bag gloves differ.

John is no longer the owner. Ringside/Combat Sports were purchased by Combat Brands about 5 months back.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder

That explains the improved customer service, as it started about that far back.

Kaseri-
The foam inside is the same composition. The sparring gloves just have more of it over the knuckles for safety reasons.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder

so then whats the advantage of the bag glove version meant to be? Seems like the sparring glove would obviously provide the better protection for your hands and wrists using them on the bag than would the actual Heritage bag gloves

Minowafanatic-
I don't know if you would call them advantages or not but here are some other differences besides the thickness of foam used between the two.

1. Lighter weight on the 14 oz. Heritage Super Bag Glove if you use a 16 or 18 Sparring glove.
2. Less bulk, It's probably an illusion but you just seem faster with smaller gloves.
3. The Bag Glove has a uniquely different soft padded palm. I believe that it is the only glove out that has this feature. It is hard for me to explain but it makes
the glove really comfortable to wear round after round of bag work.

I don

Kaseri-
The foam inside is the same composition. The sparring gloves just have more of it over the knuckles for safety reasons.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder

I suspected that was the main difference. Thanks for the confirmation.

My heritage 16oz gloves arrived today. Very happy so far gloves look amazing very comfortable and high quality. Have had a quick session on my heavy bag at home. I'll hopefully get to the gym and use these this week. I'll post back my findings. Thanks to Blair for his review as his review made me look at these gloves. Also thanks to Darrin who answered my questions so promptly. Gloves look amazing I'm very happy nice Xmas present to myself.

Where are these made, China or Pakistan? IMO the made in Pakistan stuff tend to be higher quality and have better workmanship.

They are made in Pakistan the gloves are beautifully made the best looking glove I have personally seen. Very comfortable great protection. I'll use these at the gym this week and post back.

SkribbLe-
They don't compare, no brand or product does. I was very honest with the launch of the Heritage product line several months back when I stated that it is the best quality built, safest product, using the best materials ever used in boxing equipment. As you can see from the reviews coming out from others, they are having a similar opinion.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder

That's a great question mate!

I think these gloves would look better (and perhaps perform a bit better) if the wrist support was a traditional triple cuff. That's just a personal preference though. I also think the red Ringside logo looks a bit out of place.

I like the triple cuffs to keep the laces from sliding around, however, I noticed the Quick-Tie loops do this perfectly. I did think the gloves would come with the new "segmented wrist" that the other IMF have, but, i really can not picture much wrist support improvement (it is already very good). The only pair that had better were my old Japanese Styled Grants with the lace + velcro...putting them on was a PAIN.

At 125 now this is the best value in a boxing glove i have ever seen I have the super bag gloves so thats all i can comment on. I really cant wait for the lace up to be available to the public

At 125 now this is the best value in a boxing glove i have ever seen I have the super bag gloves so thats all i can comment on. I really cant wait for the lace up to be available to the public

and when they first came out
tbh I wouldnt be surprised if their price was greatly reduced in the next 6 months, like what I presume mustve happened to something like the Fighting Sports range from Title
Im Nostradamus 2.0

Yeah surprised they went down in price that quickly, dropping $75 in what seems like only a month or so after release unless this is just a short-term sale. For the price they look top quality now if the padding holds up like it should. If I didnt have way too many gloves I'd definitely buy a pair

Last edited:
I'd love to pick these up if shipping to Europe wasn't so expensive :(

Back