Crime Pregnant woman shot to death in road rage incident after deliberately hitting motorcyclist

There were guns in most of Europe and Australia in the past and we were able to change our laws to ban most people form having a lot of unnecessary guns. I dont see why something cannot me changed for the better, you just need people to realize it just doesn't make sense for things to continue the way they are.

Casual people don't need hand guns and assault rifles for instance.

It would massively reduce the number of mass shootings and other ridiculous events like this one happening.
This isn't like a lot of places. There are hundreds of millions of guns here. A powerful gun lobby, and the right to own them is built into the foundation of our laws. And a significant portion of the population has made it clear any attempt to seize their guns will lead to violence. The vast majority of guns owners statistically speaking are also nonviolent people that will never use their guns to harm another person.

It just comes off as such pointless moral grandstanding to us when people that aren't from here say just get rid of the guns. It is not possible. In the history of gun ownership, what country has banned citizens from owning guns and seized them from the general population AFTER there were more guns than the total population of the country? The answer is such a thing has never, ever happened.

And the people advocating it have no plan for how such a thing could be done without starting a civil war. Which isn't a hypothetical, but something that WILL happen if they try to just seize most of the guns en masse. We already have laws against criminals owning guns. Most of our mass shootings are committed by people that don't have a criminal record, or have acquired a gun illegally. So we get annoyed when this is brought up because its so hilariously impractical. Even if most of the citizens wanted to remove guns from society, which they don't, there isn't a way to seize hundreds of millions of guns practically and without massive bloodshed.

This. I was 21 and this fucking lowered Civc backed out of a parking space right in front and almost hit me. I lifted my arms wtf and this cholo got out of the car while it sat perpendicular to me and pointed a Glock at my face (sideways to add insult to injury). I've learned my lesson

Did he have these sights on his glock?

ganstasites-jpg.696561

This isn't like a lot of places. There are hundreds of millions of guns here. A powerful gun lobby, and the right to own them is built into the foundation of our laws. And a significant portion of the population has made it clear any attempt to seize their guns will lead to violence. The vast majority of guns owners statistically speaking are also nonviolent people that will never use their guns to harm another person.

It just comes off as such pointless moral grandstanding to us when people that aren't from here say just get rid of the guns. It is not possible. In the history of gun ownership, what country has banned citizens from owning guns and seized them from the general population AFTER there were more guns than the total population of the country? The answer is such a thing has never, ever happened.

And the people advocating it have no plan for how such a thing could be done without starting a civil war. Which isn't a hypothetical, but something that WILL happen if they try to just seize most of the guns en masse. We already have laws against criminals owning guns. Most of our mass shootings are committed by people that don't have a criminal record, or have acquired a gun illegally. So we get annoyed when this is brought up because its so hilariously impractical. Even if most of the citizens wanted to remove guns from society, which they don't, there isn't a way to seize hundreds of millions of guns practically and without massive bloodshed.

You have to start somewhere. There has been changes more drastic than that through history.

Stopping the sales of guns even before seizing those in circulations is a start. Then seizing those already in circulation wouldn't happen over night but you gotta start somewhere.

People saying they need guns to protect yourselves from the government is just retarded, especially when the government in questions has thanks, helicopters, air force, drones and nuclear weapons.

No change is easy and that's why giving up on change is always the easiest option. It was the same with slavery.

Eventually when more people wake up and realise things can't continue the way they are, then perhaps change can happen and through a slow progressive process guns can be removed from circulation.

Last edited:
You have to start somewhere. There has been changes more drastic than that through history.

Stopping the sales of guns even before seizing those in circulations is a start. Then seizing those already in circulation wouldn't happen over night but you gotta start somewhere.

People saying they need guns to protect yourselves from the government is just retarded, especially when the government in questions has thanks, helicopters, air force, drones and nuclear weapons.

No change is easy and that's why giving up on change is always the easiest option. It was the same with slavery.

Eventually when more people wake up and realise things can't continue the way they are, then perhaps change can happen and through a slow progressive process guns can be removed from circulation.
Ok but again there's no way to magically do step one. For that you have to get past the NRA, the politicians they've paid off, and the large and vocal group of gun owners that will block that every step of the way. You have to actually acknowledge the reality of the situation. Which none of the anti gun crowd ever do. They wave away the very real and complicated problems and say just do it.

You guys got cucked by the Taliban just a few short months ago.
The taliban? a bunch of guys (90% died in the process and had to keep recruiting more) that turtled up and was only able to come out to enslave their women and screw up the country even more when NATO forces left?

sure bud.

Enjoy your perpetual lock downs and restrictions in Aus. while I'm San Andres beach, Colombia this weekend.

What a sorry shitshow. Her other child has lost a Mother and the shooter has to deal with killing a woman and unborn baby. Both people were in the wrong. A CCW holder has every responsibility not to place themselves on a path towards violent interaction.

The pregnant woman should have been thinking of the well being of herself and her unborn child. Total idiots all around. Cooler heads should have prevailed.

The people don't want them taking away and the constitution protects that right.

Why do you say that? What specific knowledge of this case makes you say that?

I'm not saying you're wrong or right. Just curious as to why you believe that.
You are right, we don't have much info but from the scant info listed above there was a break in the causal action before he followed her to her home.

There were guns in most of Europe and Australia in the past and we were able to change our laws to ban most people form having a lot of unnecessary guns. I dont see why something cannot me changed for the better, you just need people to realize it just doesn't make sense for things to continue the way they are.

Casual people don't need hand guns and assault rifles for instance.

It would massively reduce the number of mass shootings and other ridiculous events like this one happening.

No thank you

I've done nothing wrong I avoid confrontations over stupid shit all the time and I am having a hard time understanding why I should have to give up my rights when I have done everything right and am responsible. I would prefer to keep my handgun and my assault rifle and I don't think I should have to change for the better ....whatever that means.

You are right, we don't have much info but from the scant info listed above there was a break in the causal action before he followed her to her home.

I'm reserving judgement but so far it appears that the shooter has a lot on his side. Woman committed hit and run with witnesses present. Police were notified. Witness was on the phone with Police when the shooting incident took place. Woman left house armed with pistol to confront hit and run victim. Shooter has a CCW, remained in place for police.

I think the guy went about it all wrong and both shooter and victim are idiots, but I can see where the shooter might be clear of wrongdoing depending on the circumstances of the case and local and state law.

I'm reserving judgement but so far it appears that the shooter has a lot on his side. Woman committed hit and run with witnesses present. Police were notified. Witness was on the phone with Police when the shooting incident took place. Woman left house armed with pistol to confront hit and run victim. Shooter has a CCW, remained in place for police.

I think the guy went about it all wrong and both shooter and victim are idiots, but I can see where the shooter might be clear of wrongdoing depending on the circumstances of the case and local and state law.
Once we know how far he traveled while following her, if he did follow her, it will be more clear.

It sounds like he followed her to get her address to tell the cops.

He was calling the cops to come handle the situation, from the street. It sounds like he never approached her house or even went in her yard.

If all of the above is true the shooting was completely justified.

And that's why situations like this will keep happening in the US.

For Fucks sake... These situations are extremely rare.

Almost ALL the gun violence is drug and gang related. With people who already own guns illegally.

Law abiding gun owners rarely commit gun crime.... Because they're law abiding.

No one in Politics will ever talk the demographics of gun crime and how to address it, because it's a third rail... Instead they'll use broad sweeping brushes like you to implement gun control across the board.

Look at the top cities murder rates....

When people wake up?!

If people are waking up to anything, it’s that global governments are becoming more tyrannical by the minute. Thus, private citizens bought record levels of firearms in the last year.

And with all due respect, we don’t give the slightest fuck what you think.

When people wake up?!

If people are waking up to anything, it’s that global governments are becoming more tyrannical by the minute. Thus, private citizens bought record levels of firearms in the last year.

And with all due respect, we don’t give the slightest fuck what you think.
I think responding to a post is at least the slightest fuck. Just saying.

Back