1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Crime Pregnant woman shot to death in road rage incident after deliberately hitting motorcyclist

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Phisher, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

The paradox in what you say though is that because you are owning a gun, so are those other people you want to protect yourself from in the first place. It makes it even less of a safe place as your "society goes to shit" like you say.

2. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

It's not such a bad comparison. In essence some people abused that right just like people abuse their right to own a gun, and while perhaps you aren't a threat to people's freedoms some others are a threat to others' freedom when they can end someone's life with a bullet at any point.

3. Ichibanner Brown Belt

Now you're being absurd to try and prove your point. I'm acting "like he was waiting outside her house with a sniper rifle"? Really???????

Both should have waited for LEO to arrive and the guilty party been arrested and held accountable by law if a criminal act occurred. You keep acting like you know this guy and he's an intelligent and respected member of society beyond reproach while demonizing a pregnant librarian as if statements by the biker and his fellow riders are proof of her being at fault. I don't know what started this debacle but I do believe he should not have engaged her at her home in a state where a homeowner can legally defend their self and property via deadly force against a credible threat. How is your stance the logical one?

Neither you nor I know what went on, what either person's thought process was, or the motivation behind what happened.

If you have your CCW you have an obligation to avoid conflict and use sound logic. This concept is why Florida forbids you from having your gun on you at the local Hooters as does Virginia where I had mine. No CCW at places that serve alcohol. It's also why you're in deep shit if you use your CCW while drunk. You obviously don't have a CCW or you really shouldn't have one if you think that legally having a gun enables you to track people down who "wronged you" and engage in conflict with them.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  4. Mike Titanium Belt

The sniper rifle thing obviously wasn't serious. You're acting like he instigated the situation when we don't have any information supporting that. He didn't initiate the conflict, SHE did. He WAS waiting for the police to arrive. What on earth makes you think her coming out of her house and pointing a gun at him because ue was parked across the street from her house is self defense, and not HER instigating the conflict.

Even if he wasn't sitting out there waiting for the cops, which we don't have any way to prove at this point, she still would not have been justified to come out pointing a gun at him. It's absurd that you're describing that as him instigating. People can sit out in front of your house on property you don't own, that in no way gives you the right to come out pointing a gun at them. That is not self defense.

5. Bald1 War Room Can

Lol. It was a completely asinine comparison. You should feel bad.

Tayski likes this.
  6. Ichibanner Brown Belt

Then don't bring up goofy shit like sniper rifles to try and prove a point. If you don't believe I'm making a statement akin to that don't use that bullshit in the discussion. It weakens your argument.

I'm not acting like he instigated the situation. You're wrong. You're reading into what I type for some reason. I'm stating that he's an idiot for riding after a woman to her home following a road rage incident when he knows he is armed and there might be violent conflict. Nobody knows who instigated the situation. It is "alleged" that she swerved at him on purpose. She's dead so she can't argue against that.

For all we know a simple mistake like someone accidentally going into the other's lane started this shitshow and both parties acted like assholes. Neither you nor I know better at this point.

I'm not sure why you feel compelled to defend the dumb act of a group of people (one armed) following a single female to her home because of an obviously heated road rage incident and those people remaining at the home in a Castle Doctrine State. A move that very well could, and did, result in armed conflict.

Deciding to remain at the home of the woman instead of removing yourself and the others (his riding buddies???), de-escalating the situation, and wait for LEO was an idiotic thing to do. If he walked onto her property and killed her in her yard he deserves jail time. If both were in the road or he was off of her property and she leveled a gun at him first then she was in the wrong and paid the ultimate price.

Even if she was in the wrong for leveling a gun and it was a good shoot I still say he's an idiot. I always held myself to a higher standard than what this guy did. Confronting someone while armed with your CCW piece should only occur as a last resort in defense of self. You always remove yourself from the situation before it gets to that. They teach us that in CCW class. It's a shame that you can't be bothered to understand why armed CCW holders should meet that standard. Why do you feel compelled to excuse idiotic actions that further exacerbated volatile situations as opposed to de-escalating them?

7. oldshadow Steel Belt

Do you understand how an amendment is repealed. The majority must want it and I don't see that happening.

8. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

Maybe when enough people realize you're better off without guns than with guns then that majority will make the necessary changes, hence why I said time to wake up.

But hey feel free to keep shooting each other like in the old West for all I care.

9. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Tell us about that syndrome your location is known for. It's about compliance and acquiescence, yes?

10. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

It's on the contrary rather about free will to go against what is common belief and act differently than expected by willinglingly helping some criminals against authorities.

Feel free to explain the link between that and what is discussed here.

11. Bald1 War Room Can

In an effort to be concise and save time I sometimes write some disjointed word salad shite, so I'm not judging when I ask; wtf is this sentence supposed to mean?

12. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

If you want me to dumb it out for you sure; he's referring to the Stockholm syndrome as being about compliance and acquiescence while actually it's rather the opposite.

The Stockholm Syndrome was named after a situation where the hostages of a bank heist started to help their captors. Even when freed they refused to collaborate with the police and testify against their captors because they agreed with the reasons those captors had for robbing the bank in the first place and felt they were shown more respect by them than by the authorities.

So the sentence I wrote was that the Stockholm Syndrome isn't actually about compliance and acquiescence but rather the opposite, it's about not complying with what is standard behaviour (i.e. collaborate and help the police especially during the aftermath).