Predictions for Whittaker vs Gastelum?

KID Yamamoto

PREMIUM DYNAMITE
@Black
Reaction score
1618505084670.jpg

I got Whittaker by UD or later rounds stoppage. Gastelum's boxing looked slower his last fight even with improved wrestling. I think Whittaker's range kicking game might be too much for Kelvin in the early rounds to get around.

I think it’s a competitive fight early on, both fighters cancel out each others grappling so wrestling isn’t going to be a factor. That being said conditioning becomes a huge part of the equation, Gas slows down as the fight enters the championship rounds. Bobby takes over and wins via KO/TKO over an exhausted Kelvin.

Don't count gastelum out. Bobby could get caught. Gastelum gets in and out of range so fast.
Kelvins record is misleading. He lost three by split decision that really could.be argued in his favor and he was absolutely dominating Weidman until he gassed and got subbed.

Don't count gastelum out. Bobby could get caught. Gastelum gets in and out of range so fast.
Kelvins record is misleading. He lost three by split decision that really could.be argued in his favor and he was absolutely dominating Weidman until he gassed and got subbed.
Hermanson subbed him and I felt Till pretty solidly beat Gastelum when they fought. Landed better strikes and was stronger in the clinch but Kelvin did well.

Before the Izzy fight I confidently picked Kelvin.

But that fight took more out of him than I expected, he just hasn't looked the same since. Even in his recent win, he didn't look good at all, his boxing looked slow and crap. He's usually so much faster and snappier.

If he can get back to being anywhere near as good and sharp as he was against Izzy, he'll win, but as it stands I guess Whittaker by decision is the most likely scenario.

Yeah something like this. Kelvin just lacks size at 185 and it will forever be an issue.

I think he is better suited against taller guys because he slips shots and weaves into the danger zone so fast. Watch what he did to vitor bisoing and Weidman. Weidman ate some huge shots.

Whittaker by decision, but Kelvin could catch him early

I think he is better suited against taller guys because he slips shots and weaves into the danger zone so fast. Watch what he did to vitor bisoing and Weidman. Weidman ate some huge shots.

Grapplers who are good at using their size, which is most of them, will just have their way with him endlessly. Guys who are willing to standup and never take it to the ground gives him more of a shot but I think Whittaker is too sharp everywhere. Kelvin has been on a downward slope since Adesanya.

Before the Izzy fight I confidently picked Kelvin.

But that fight took more out of him than I expected, he just hasn't looked the same since. Even in his recent win, he didn't look good at all, his boxing looked slow and crap. He's usually so much faster and snappier.

If he can get back to being anywhere near as good and sharp as he was against Izzy, he'll win, but as it stands I guess Whittaker by decision is the most likely scenario.
Same brother

I hope I'm wrong but I think Whittaker's chin is going. I feel like Gastellum hurts him at some point and eventually gets the KO.

sadly nobody including dana white will watch the fight
and be on their phones keeping track on that jake paul vs ben match

Gastelum hits too hard and Rob is chinny .

I much prefer whittaker and hope he pulls it off ....but I think 5 rounds is too long for him to avoid gastelums hands ....

I got Gastelum by finish +475

Back