Predictions for Whittaker vs Gastelum?

Kelvins record is misleading. He lost three by split decision that really could.be argued in his favor and he was absolutely dominating Weidman until he gassed and got subbed.

Gastelum's record is not misleading. If anything, many people think he should have another loss to Jacare. He took the cleaner shots in that fight but had better body language, which was enough to somehow convince a lot of people that he won, even though he was less effective.

You should also rewatch the Weidman fight. Gastelum landed the one good shot that dropped him at the end of the first and that was it. At no point was he dominating or even winning, other than that moment.

The guy's only solid wins are all over names who were at the very end of their runs. Look at his record. He has never beaten a top level fighter who was in their prime. The Jacare fight is really the only debatable one there but his best days were clearly behind him at that point and again, many think Gastelum still lost that one.

Don't count gastelum out. Bobby could get caught. Gastelum gets in and out of range so fast.
Kelvins record is misleading. He lost three by split decision that really could.be argued in his favor and he was absolutely dominating Weidman until he gassed and got subbed.
You need to rewatch that Weidman fight. It was absolutely not a domination, it was very competitive with Weidman winning the first from memory. IT was clear that Gastelum was slowing down all fight.

1618505084670.jpg

I got Whittaker by UD or later rounds stoppage. Gastelum's boxing looked slower his last fight even with improved wrestling. I think Whittaker's range kicking game might be too much for Kelvin in the early rounds to get around.
I think it's a gritty fight. If Whittaker fucks up he gets rocked, but I think he is too smart to fight a brawl.

When exactly did he duck him? If you're talking about UFC 234 I wouldn't call having emergency surgery ducking.

Whittakers caoches ducked Gas.

They openly said they picked Rockhold over Gastelum and said Gastelums boxing and wrestling pose serious problems that they don't want right now somethint along those lines.

TKO for Bobby after a sneaky shin to head.

Back