Prediction- Fedor will sign with the UFC and will face Werdum.

I think Fedor said he would like a fight with Werdum but is willing to work his way up for it. He even said he wants a fight to see where he is at after 3 years so I doubt he fights Werdum first.
Actually he asid it a coule times since he announced he is coming back. The first time he said that he would like to face Werdum. The second time he said the same and added that he knows that he might not get the fight he wants because of his 3 year layoff. But imo, if they give him the choise to either fight Werdum or someone else- He will choose Werdum.

he should get werdum immediately. they can promote the hell out of him and hype the fight to no end.

That's right. In his first fight after three years.
Now, why do I think so?
1. Fedor said that he would like to face Werdum (even in his first fight after three years of rest)
2. Werdum welcomed Fedor's idea for a rematch. And said December will be a good time to have the rematch.
3. Fedor said he will likely fight in December.
4. If you checked Rogan's last podcast then you probably heard him talking about Overeem vs. JDS in december. He said if Fedor signs with the UFC eventually he will face Werdum on the same card. (means that's the fight Fedor and the ufc are negotiating)
5. Dana white (and the whole ufc stuff) is/are really quiet when it comes to the subject of Fedor's return. And I get the feeling that they were told to be quiet and not to mess things up.

It's all speculation, yes. But, everything points towards it. Fedor came back for a reason. and as he said recently: He wants to fight the best in the wourld. He will sign this time.

i share the same prediction as you :icon_chee

im about 90% sure that they will give fedor the title shot against werdum.

its too good too pass up imo.

its too bad they couldnt save this historic event for ufc 200.
look at the possible fights they can put on (based on fighters saying they want to fight in december)

mcgregor vs aldo
fedor vs werdum
ronda vs tate 3
cm punk vs random can
overeem vs JDS
khabib vs nate diaz

everyone of these fighters have said they want to fight in decmeber except for nate diaz

If Lorenzo handles this, perhaps it'll happen. But if Dana attempts to try this on his own, his arrogance will fuck it up.

wow you are psychic, its not like Fedor already asked for this exact scenario. But he won't get that fight. He will have to do at least one fight before a title shot, possibly more.

getting a title shot is probably the only way fedor will sign. it makes sense for ufc to give him a shot right away because if he loses to werdum at least he lost to the champion. ufc won't let fedor lose on his first fight unless it is their champion. they are going to give fedor a shit ton of money, which i think reebok will be in the deal since fedor is well known in EU.

He is not with m-1 anymore. And Vadim is not his manager. Things are different now.

I'm pretty sure he is part owner of m1 and like mayweather, wants a huge ppv cut and gate. When you own a company you are always with them. This UFC bs is the same thing as last time. They use the UFC name to get publicity, then blame the whole thing on the UFC when they don't sign.

You're the second one telling me that. Sorry, my English is not that good. I'll change the title.

You don't need to change it.

That is their opinion. Your opinion was that event A could happen in future instead event B, which was an act of prediction, but opinion nonetheless.

Unless you wish to argue that subject of one's opinion cannot be about the likelihood of future event, there's no basis whatsoever to say it wasn't his opinion about Fedor possibly signing with UFC but it was only a pure act of prediction. I mean, what on earth

You're the second one telling me that. Sorry, my English is not that good. I'll change the title.

One love, baby.

tumblr_m1sixhGrU91ql0m85o2_250.gif

I'm pretty sure he is part owner of m1 and like mayweather, wants a huge ppv cut and gate. When you own a company you are always with them. This UFC bs is the same thing as last time. They use the UFC name to get publicity, then blame the whole thing on the UFC when they don't sign.

Silly....how was it BS when Strikeforce signed on to co-promote? If Strikeforce was willing to give Fedor/M-1 what they wanted and UFC wasn't, then it was UFC's fault.

Anyway....from a few weeks ago

"When it comes to M-1 we are not really interested in any kind of co-promotion," Vadim said through a translator. "M-1 is a self-contained, European promotion which has no less than 12 shows a year, and this number is about to grow every year."

Silly....how was it BS when Strikeforce signed on to co-promote? If Strikeforce was willing to give Fedor/M-1 what they wanted and UFC wasn't, then it was UFC's fault.

Anyway....from a few weeks ago

"When it comes to M-1 we are not really interested in any kind of co-promotion," Vadim said through a translator. "M-1 is a self-contained, European promotion which has no less than 12 shows a year, and this number is about to grow every year."

Makes sense since the UFC signed a network deal in Russia earlier this year, and have failed to beat M1 in the ratings. A lot of it has to do with pre-existing exposure, and time zone differences.

But yea, the UFC showed M1 no love back the days. Now that the UFC is the infant in their market, I don't expect M1 to show any kindness back.

If the UFC really wants Fedor, and really wants to get him under their wing, they might actually cave and give him the immediate title shot against Werdum.

That said, Fedor will likewise have to cave and drop the typical co-promotion bullshit. They both have something they want and things they have to be willing to give up.

Co-Promotion is out of question. Vadim said so.

Back