Prediction- Fedor will sign with the UFC and will face Werdum.

Andrey Kamensky

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
That's right. In his first fight after three years.
Now, why do I think so?
1. Fedor said that he would like to face Werdum (even in his first fight after three years of rest)
2. Werdum welcomed Fedor's idea for a rematch. And said December will be a good time to have the rematch.
3. Fedor said he will likely fight in December.
4. If you checked Rogan's last podcast then you probably heard him talking about Overeem vs. JDS in december. He said if Fedor signs with the UFC eventually he will face Werdum on the same card. (means that's the fight Fedor and the ufc are negotiating)
5. Dana white (and the whole ufc stuff) is/are really quiet when it comes to the subject of Fedor's return. And I get the feeling that they were told to be quiet and not to mess things up.

It's all speculation, yes. But, everything points towards it. Fedor came back for a reason. and as he said recently: He wants to fight the best in the wourld. He will sign this time.

Last edited:
Zuffa will screw it up guaranteed.

Then when Fedors been beat a couple times by nobodies and the UFC has absolutely killed the myth of Fedor we might get a Werdum Vs. Fedor rematch when both fighters are long past their primes.

Fedor will sign with the UFC. They will then match him up with the winner of Arlovski/Mir, if he's hell bent on fighting in December.

If not, the UFC will sign Fedor and they'll have him fight the title holder at UFC 200 in June of '16.

Or...

He'll end up in Bellator and fight Chieck Kong.

If the UFC really wants Fedor, and really wants to get him under their wing, they might actually cave and give him the immediate title shot against Werdum.

That said, Fedor will likewise have to cave and drop the typical co-promotion bullshit. They both have something they want and things they have to be willing to give up.

He said he wants to face the best in a recent interview.

I hope he means what he says. The bad news is with this Ronda feminist shit and Conor Irish clown charade going on, The UFC has all the stars it needs. They don't need Fedor.

Hopefully Ronda convinces her No. 1 bitch Dana to do everything he can to sign the man she wants to have 57 babies with.

Can see it now..
Fedor vs Gonzaga headlines TUF Russia vs Brazil Finale

I really would like to see him fighting 1 person before a title shot. I wouldn't be mad about him getting one, but I think it'd be better to have him fight the Mir v. Arlovski winner first. At this point how popular is Fedor to the casual fans? Obviously a ton of hardcore fans are interested regardless of who he fights, but no one else knows who the guy is. He has an awesome highlight reel and an awesome looking record so why not re-introduce him via having him fight a popular fighter like Mir/Arlovski first?

Rogan said he'd fight in December if he were to come back? That is interesting.

I do agree, they scheduled everyone but Cain. It sounds like they are keeping it open as an option. I'm not sure if its a good idea for Fedor to do that but hey.

It's not an opinion, it's a prediction. A correct one, I hope!

If the UFC really wants Fedor, and really wants to get him under their wing, they might actually cave and give him the immediate title shot against Werdum.

That said, Fedor will likewise have to cave and drop the typical co-promotion bullshit. They both have something they want and things they have to be willing to give up.
He is not with m-1 anymore. And Vadim is not his manager. Things are different now.

fedor didn't say he wants him in his first fight
he knows the rules
forget it

Pedro Rizzo gets you a title shot these days

Meh he doesn't deserve a title shot right away. Not sayin I wouldn't watch and enjoy it but that wouldn't be right.

Not a chance Fedor gets a title shot first fight in. He'll be given a top 10 for sure, but he'll need to win at least one fight to get his name among the casuals.

Fedor represents literally one of the last "never fought in the big leagues" type of fighter that most have heard, but few have actually seen. They'll build him up right if anything, and ensure if he's lost a step, that they haven't screwed up a big fight.

I really would like to see him fighting 1 person before a title shot. I wouldn't be mad about him getting one, but I think it'd be better to have him fight the Mir v. Arlovski winner first. At this point how popular is Fedor to the casual fans? Obviously a ton of hardcore fans are interested regardless of who he fights, but no one else knows who the guy is. He has an awesome highlight reel and an awesome looking record so why not re-introduce him via having him fight a popular fighter like Mir/Arlovski first?

It doesn`t matter. Fedor is the most popular fighter among hardcore fans. Hardcore fans are the majority of the PPV. Supe staredom affects likes on youtube, subscriptions in face, more media buzz. All this Fedor can have if the UFC amplifies this fight like ALdo vs McGregor style. Gotta world tour this fight if it happens.

I think Fedor said he would like a fight with Werdum but is willing to work his way up for it. He even said he wants a fight to see where he is at after 3 years so I doubt he fights Werdum first.

I just can't see him wearing one of those daft Reebok uniforms.

Back