Pre Brock and Conor, there was almost never any 1Mil+ PPV events

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Chuck-Tito 2 did 929k. Averged around 500k

GSP's best headline was 950k against Diaz. Averaged 600k

Anderson best was against Weidman 2, but it also had Ronda on the card. 925 against Sonnen 2. Regularly did around 500-700k

Rampage vs Evans did 1.05 million. I think this was the first 1million plus event that wasn't UFC 100

Jones' best card was against DC the first time and it did 800k.

Conor's first PPV did 825k, then the Aldo match did 1.2 Million. 1.3 millon against Diaz 1 and 1.6 million against Diaz 2. 1.3 million against Alvarez. 2.4m against Khabib, but it was also post Floyd which was to be expected.

Brock did 1.1m against Randy. 1.6m against Mir. 1.1m against Carwin. 1.025m vs Cain. 780k against Reem and 1 million at UFC 200.

Ronda broke a million I think. Point is that other then the occasionall super-event, MMA is on average 500k-800K PPV buys at best.

Jones vs DC 3 would crack 1M at this point.

And honestly after Khabib smashed Conor I think he will draw in a big number too, maybe not a mil

I heard Chuck vs Tito III did well over a million
lol. I think it did about
HTddZ89.jpg

I for one am shocked to hear that MMA was once not as popular as it is is today.

Imagine if Conor were a MW/LHW/HW and moved up to have a super fight with Brock... Imagine the buys!

As it stands he could still have a huge super fight with GSP but Brock is a bigger name

I for one am shocked to hear that MMA was once not as popular as it is is today.

Its all relative. Imagine if Chuck-Tito had the marketing and exposure that Fox/ESPN has/is giving them. MMA's popularity peaked in 2010 and has bubbled up and down ever since. If anything maybe a slight dwindle in popularity for having such giant platform that they currently do. MMA is still a young sport, but its not a baby anymore if that makes sense.

Ronda broke a million with Holm and Nunes

And honestly after Khabib smashed Conor I think he will draw in a big number too, maybe not a mil
It wouldn’t
We have seen DC vs Jones twice already, it’s a hard sell. George hasn’t broke a million in his life so thinking Jones will is wrong imo
The second fight was when it was all hype
Why do you think Khabib is a draw? Most of his fans unfortunately for him are from places where they don’t pay ppv
His fight style, ideals and general promotion won’t go down well with the American audience
Nunes and Holm both beat Ronda but neither were draws

It wouldn’t
We have seen DC vs Jones twice already, it’s a hard sell. George hasn’t broke a million in his life so thinking Jones will is wrong imo
Why do you think Khabib is a draw? Most of his fans unfortunately for him are from places where they don’t pay ppv
His fight style, ideals and general promotion won’t go down well with the American audience

Agreed. The second DC fight actually did less then the first one at 700k. Hardcores care more about that fight then casuals.

It wouldn’t
Oh true? I never knew russians didn't need to pay for PPV that definitely changes things. He is a big star over there atm I figured he would bring in a lot of eyeballs. Either way smashing Conor like that and igniting a brawl afterwards definitely upped his value. A lot of casuals know who he is now, I know that's true because of friends at work talking about him. I think he would do a decent PPV number, nothing out of the gate but I think it would be more than we would expect.

And with Jones DC 3 I think that cracks 1M if it's at heavyweight because people want to see DC KO Jon and people will believe it's a possibility. Jon seems to be doing better numbers lately even against unknown competition so I think they could market DC vs Jones at HW pretty well if it happened right now. I could be wrong idk

{<hhh]
Deep down in your heart you know its true.

In 1-3 years UFC is more popular than soccer.

Nations across the globe will be building their own UFC stadiums with an octagon concreted into the center of the arena.

his next fight (MAAAAYBE), but after that, his numbers are getting smaller and smaller.
- boring fighter
- 0 trashtalk skills

Khabib is not as popular as some think.

his next fight (MAAAAYBE), but after that, his numbers are getting smaller and smaller.
- boring fighter
- 0 trashtalk skills
Jones seems fine to fight Reyes, Santos and Walker and do around 600k buys for the rest of his career.

DC fighting brock seem less likely now. Maybe he fights Ngannou, Stipe, or JDS and calls it quits.

Jones seems fine to fight Reyes, Santos and Walker and do around 600k buys for the rest of his career.

DC fighting brock seem less likely now. Maybe he fights Ngannou, Stipe, or JDS and calls it quits.

Jones?

Im talking about Khabib.

Back