PPL who can beat weidman at middleweight

You ask what black belt he's defeated, and you call people names when you're informed.

crying-baby.jpg

Sorry I have to clarify for you "beat on the ground".

I agree Weidman wins but it's not an easy fight. Neither is Lombard but I still think Weidman takes that fight. Palhares and Belfort though? Wrestling and striking clinics respectively

wrestle clinic WHO, maybe belfort maybe but palhares u should be banned for thinking anyone can or will do that

So Weidman's no-training camp, short-notice win of the top MW Maia isn't impressive under any circumstances, but Munoz's loss is excused because you say his foot was hurt...? Wow.

Never said his win over Maia means nothing. There is a level.of impressiveness to beating a sick Maia on short notice. I just dont think that along with the Munoz win is impressive enough to demand a title shot with the GOAT after 9 fights.

And it damn sure isnt impressive enough to claim he is being ducked and the greatest fighter ever is scared of him lol.

Nor did Silva take him to the ground... I'm not even suggesting that Weidman should have but you nuthuggers act like he's this invincible force and if he truly was he had chances to prove it against Maia on the ground

So is silva not an invincible force because he didn't take Maia down? I'm trying to figure out what weidman should have done?

At least you state your case, most nuthuggers can't do it :).

Mmm. Don't know if I fully agree, The only fight where he had to comeback per se was Sonnen1. Hendo and Lutter where both getting messed up in the first and ended up getting the td due to AS's over commitment. I'm pretty sure Dan may have one the first but I think AS may have won the 1st against Lutter. I just don't remember him being down that long maybe last minute?

In the end who cares if he has to come back and win, wrestlers don't finish him. Hendo the guy who GNPKTFO of Fedor couldn't even do it.

You may not remember but Lutter won the first round dominantly V Anderson. YEs he gassed and got finished in the second but Anderson had very little for him in the first.

And Sonnen1 and SOnnen2 and Hendo all won the first rounds. Anderson hardly threw or landed any shots in the first.

In the end ANYONE who is not a crazy hugger should care if he has to come back to win. It means he was challenged and at threat of losing if he had to come back to win. SOmething that NEVER happens V strikers and is never close to happening.

Look Brock beat Carwin and if Brock never faced a fighter with good tdd & heavy hands he might well still be HW champ. And even though he beat Carwin we all knew that if he lost it would be to a fighter who could keep it standing and force him to strike and who would not gas like Carwin did.

Anderson is not Brock, that is not what I am suggesting before the strawman starts flying. But the point is that if a guy shows an area of weakness in one area then steering his career around guys who have that area as a strength is bad. And that is exactly what Anderson fans are trying to do. Not because he is guaranteed to lose. No, he will be a favorite. But he might be losing the fight and have to fight back to win and that is what Anderson fans do not want. They want easy stylistic fights for him where he is never at threat.

Never said his win over Maia means nothing. There is a level.of impressiveness to beating a sick Maia on short notice. I just dont think that along with the Munoz win is impressive enough to demand a title shot with the GOAT after 9 fights.

And it damn sure isnt impressive enough to claim he is being ducked and the greatest fighter ever is scared of him lol.

And yet you say Maia was sick.

Whatever, hoss. Seems like everything excusing Weidman's opponents is worth mentioning, but Weidman's utter domination of Munoz, one of the best wrestlers in the division, and Weidman's zero training camp and ridiculous cut before beating one of the best MW's in the world, don't seem to matter much.

Weidman took him down 4 times...

Of course you went there, you never want to go full...

When someone talks about beating a JJ practitioner they are typically talking in terms of at their own game. Or at least that is wtf I was talking about. When I asked what JJBB guy has Chris beat I wasn't talking about standing and trading for 3 rounds. And yes he took him down and if he was this amazing submission technician like you nut huggers like to stand by, he would have proved it against Maia don't you think? Put a stamp on it and let everyone know he is gonna be champ, like how JBJ did.

He never became over rated until Weidman beat him and then only to Anderson fans.

Bullshit. Ive been calling him overrated for a year. And he was just another LHW reject according to you Anderson haters until Weidman beat him.

Provide one thread showing support for the idea Weidman was going to expose Munoz as the near can you Anderson fans now paint him as.

Not a near can just not elite. And im defintely not searching for threads.

What you do to Weidman and his opposition can easily be done for almost all Anderson defenses at MW. Sadly the division produces far too many unproven contenders. Weidman just happens to be one of the most proven and ironically the one Anderson fans want the least.

Actually most of the MW title challengers over the last 6 years have been excellent fighters.
Weidman would be more toward the bottom as far as 'proven' goes.

Whatever, hoss. Seems like everything excusing Weidman's opponents is worth mentioning, but Weidman's utter domination of Munoz, one of the best wrestlers in the division, and Weidman's zero training camp and ridiculous cut before beating one of the best MW's in the world, don't seem to matter much.

There's no excuse. What's so hard to believe about some people not thinking Weidman is so outstanding from an ugly UD win with Maia and KOing Munoz while holding just 9 fights. Personally, I just want to see him at least fight a good striker and get his tenth fight (and win) to validate all this hype.

wrestle clinic WHO, maybe belfort maybe but palhares u should be banned for thinking anyone can or will do that

Not even sure why I'm answering this but to anyone thinking logically Belfort would be a wrestling clinic and Palhares would be a striking clinic. You should be banned for not understanding a pretty simple post

Of course you went there, you never want to go full...

When someone talks about beating a JJ practitioner they are typically talking in terms of at their own game. Or at least that is wtf I was talking about. When I asked what JJBB guy has Chris beat I wasn't talking about standing and trading for 3 rounds. And yes he took him down and if he was this amazing submission technician like you nut huggers like to stand by, he would have proved it against Maia don't you think? Put a stamp on it and let everyone know he is gonna be champ, like how JBJ did.

Keep back-pedaling, brah. Maybe you'll make it out...

backpedal.gif

It matters, just not as much as you think. Weidman is a good fighter. I hate having to pick him apart like but you guys force me too.

And Maia was sick. Had he not been sick and gassed after a min he probably would have beaten short notice Weidman that night.

Weidman beats an out of shape Maia, and an out of shape/overrated Munoz and he's the next big thing. I really hope someone smashes him soon. Before he talks his way into a shot at Silva.

There's no excuse. What's so hard to believe about some people not thinking Weidman is so outstanding from an ugly UD win with Maia and KOing Munoz while holding just 9 fights. Personally, I just want to see him at least fight a good striker and get his tenth fight (and win) to validate all this hype.

I didn't say anything about people thinking anyone's impressive.

I'm just saying things should be accurately represented.

Saying his win over Maia, a top MW, was unimpressive is pretty silly when you consider he didn't train, and the week he had was spent cutting a difficult amount of weight.

And making excuses for Maia or for Munoz is silly

It matters, just not as much as you think. Weidman is a good fighter. I hate having to pick him apart like but you guys force me too.

And Maia was sick. Had he not been sick and gassed after a min he probably would have beaten short notice Weidman that night.

Probably based on what...? Your conjecture?

If Maia hadn't been sick, he probably would have been able to beat a weakened, dehydrated, and untrained Weidman... Serious question: if you had the chance to pretend you didn't just say that, would you strike it off the record? I know I would.

But like I said, whatever you say.

Weidman has been hyped and people have been annoyed since he beat...Mark Munoz

I didn't say anything about people thinking anyone's impressive.

I'm just saying things should be accurately represented.

Saying his win over Maia, a top MW, was unimpressive is pretty silly when you consider he didn't train, and the week he had was spent cutting a difficult amount of weight.

And making excuses for Maia or for Munoz is silly

Silva, Vitor, Belcher are the only 3 I would be confident in.. and I'm pushing it with Belcher.

Bisping and Lombard are fights that would be 50/50 in my eyes.

Back