• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Poverty in Britain - Why are millions of Brits so broke?

Having been there I always felt that British wages were low relative to the cost of living, which is much higher than here. I couldn't figure how most people made ends meet.
Beans on toast for breakfast

Not exactly hard to imagine considering how insane the electricity prices were during the winter, and they got hit with the Covid money printing inflation that everyone else was hit with. They also had high levels of income inequality pre-Covid - other western European states have less disparity. By the way the electricity situation only happened because the UK defaulted on an IMF loan, and this resulted in the national electric company getting privatized. This is what the IMF does: they give loans that they know a country won't be able to pay off, leech on the country through interest payments and stifle its' growth, and then go for a power grab by privatizing national natural resources and infrastructure when the inevitable default happens. Meanwhile the MSM presents them as some sort of saviour, philanthropic organization. You gotta be straight up stupid to not notice that establishment media is in the business of professional lying and propaganda.
Not only this.
Natural gas prices correlate with diesel fuel and crude oil prices.

We have unpredictable situation in Middle east cos Iran, " nice " situation in the same syria and cool crazy unpredictable Putin...
Cool OPEC too ...

Other european countries too had nice and cool prices for electricity.
Storages needed to be filled up regardless of current price cos bunch with crazy uncles in these crude oil exporting countries and areas.

Some august 2022. HPPs produced little ammounts cos repairs and not much water... wind doesn't blow enough...
These who didn't had solar stuff were fucked up.

If hourly tariff from market price, watch Nordpool historical charts by country for example.
August 2022 th. :(

Ofc privatization of energy companies isn't good thing but even Putin had increased electricity and natural gas tariffs in Russia and remowed cap to prices for centralised heating and hot water supplies. While had allowed to burn natural gas in flares in order to reduce pressure in pipelines network.
While in reality they might offered even impressive discounts for households for natural gas and electricity .... cos produced more than were able to sell. Gazprom and Rosneftj are controlled by government. Didn't helped....

True sovereignty vs economic stability. Doesn't help when a significant portion of the politicians didn't want Brexit and are likely happy to intensify any detrimental impacts of it in the hopes that the public will cry out to get back on their knees for the EU.

Which politicians specifically? The last 4 pro-brexit prime ministers purged all the remainers from their party.

They've been able to pass whatever brexit legislation they wanted since Johnson won them a massive parliamentary majority, yet it's still a complete shitshow.

Because capitalism. No disrespect to capitalism but you combine with a society that was built on the idea that one class was inherently better and entitled to more ("inherit" and "titled", how about that, lol), you're going to end up with an economic system where money stays with the monied because the class system positions part of the society to reap more benefits from capitalism.

The US isn't significantly better but we don't have an entrenched class system that implies a right to economic superiority.

We don't? Pretty sure we do and just don't use that word.

Which politicians specifically? The last 4 pro-brexit prime ministers purged all the remainers from their party.

They've been able to pass whatever brexit legislation they wanted since Johnson won them a massive parliamentary majority, yet it's still a complete shitshow.
His post was full of shit? Quelle surprise...

British culture.

People have been engrained into having to apply for mortgages at the top end of their bracket with no room for disaster, or in cities where they're automatically 45 percent higher than other places. There's also the desire for loaning / renting brand new cars. Genuinely never see old cars on the road anymore. Ultimately this forces people into relationships purely for financial reasons. There's plenty of couples out there that don't want to be together but are, just because they've got themselves into a hole they can't dig themselves out of. Sad really.

Something, something, something...Brexit.
Something, something, something...complete.

It's really not. And you're clearly ashamed of the shithole you inhabit.

Which is silly. He has nothing to be ashamed of.

Prime, Healthy, Full Training Camp British Empire with That Look in it's eyes raped, pillaged and burned our way across a quarter of the entire planet. Not just the rancid, festering heap of excrement he inhabits;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socioeconomic_mobility_in_the_United_States

If Americans want to live the American dream, they should go to Denmark. -  Richard G. Wilkinson at a 2011 TED conference on economic inequality.

Intergenerational-mobility-graph-1.jpg

(Taller bar = less intergenerational economic mobility)

The_Great_Gatsby_Curve.png

Countries closest to the axis in the left bottom have the highest levels of socio-economic equality and socio-economic mobility.

Because capitalism. No disrespect to capitalism but you combine with a society that was built on the idea that one class was inherently better and entitled to more ("inherit" and "titled", how about that, lol), you're going to end up with an economic system where money stays with the monied because the class system positions part of the society to reap more benefits from capitalism.

The US isn't significantly better but we don't have an entrenched class system that implies a right to economic superiority.

So why do you have more economic inequality than us?
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/wealth-inequality-by-country

British culture.

People have been engrained into having to apply for mortgages at the top end of their bracket with no room for disaster, or in cities where they're automatically 45 percent higher than other places. There's also the desire for loaning / renting brand new cars. Genuinely never see old cars on the road anymore. Ultimately this forces people into relationships purely for financial reasons. There's plenty of couples out there that don't want to be together but are, just because they've got themselves into a hole they can't dig themselves out of. Sad really.

I might be wrong here, but old cars in Britain tend to get nailed by insurance. My car turned ten years old this year, and my insurance, and all others on comparison sites, rose a fair amount. Not only that, but road tax and UELZ zones will be more punishing to older cars?

In terms of mortgages, I'd like my first place this year or next, so I'm interested. It seems that unless I get a house hundreds of miles away, I have to be quite a big earner to get a property.

I might be wrong here, but old cars in Britain tend to get nailed by insurance. My car turned ten years old this year, and my insurance, and all others on comparison sites, rose a fair amount. Not only that, but road tax and UELZ zones will be more punishing to older cars?

In terms of mortgages, I'd like my first place this year or next, so I'm interested. It seems that unless I get a house hundreds of miles away, I have to be quite a big earner to get a property.

https://www.finder.com/uk/mortgage-statistics
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...-as-car-insurance-renewal-costs-rise-up-to-70

The average size of a mortgage taken out in 2023 is £184,376.

On average, Brits are paying £665 a month for their share of the mortgage payment, higher than the average rent payment.

The average monthly mortgage payment for a semi-detached property was £1,262 in December 2022, 62% higher than the previous year.

The average outstanding mortgage debt per household in the UK in 2023 is £127,420.

The average UK salary is about £25,000.

Car insurance is the latest household bill to go through the roof, with angry motorists complaining that prices are shooting up by as much as 70% when their policy comes up for renewal.

...the latest inflation bulletin from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed a new source of financial pain, with the price of car insurance up 43.1% in the last 12 months.

House-Price-to-Salary.png

mmp.png

house-price.png

Salary-by-Region.png

<Dany07>

We don't. We have a class system that implies a greater right to the country itself, which is different from a simple economic superiority right. The outcomes appear similar but, imo, are driven by different pressures.

Which is silly. He has nothing to be ashamed of.

Prime, Healthy, Full Training Camp British Empire with That Look in it's eyes raped, pillaged and burned our way across a quarter of the entire planet. Not just the rancid, festering heap of excrement he inhabits;)
Mainland China beat you by UD

Back