Potential rule changes coming up

I won't hold my breath on these rule changes.

They have good backing, medical, fighters, commission officials, people like Big John McCarthy, etc. Randy couture, Jerry Horn. Very likely if you ask me and they had the applause of the crowd. These also aren't extreme rule changes. Nobody is wanting to bring headbutts back, groin strikes, that strikes, spiking, rabid punches, fish hooking, or stomps back.

Is it a "huge, huge safety issue" though? How many fighters have been damaged by fingers?
You're joking right? It shouldn't be allowed at all and you're saying that as if it's a nonissue? It's basically cheating and even when it's unintentional you could still fuck up the fighter's sight for the rest of the fight with your dirty fingers. It has always been an issue.

That's great and all but there didn't even really need to be a rule change, they just needed to actually enforce the fucking rule which almost no ref was doing

Same thing: It's watering down the concept of fighting. And I'm not, as such, opposed to that. I do, however, feel like the concept of Ultimate Fighting doesn't need such rules. MMA probably does, though.

I likd everything your saying in this thread. (Don't do likes though so please refrain from pushing that button if you intended to.)

The concept of ultimate fighting dies a little with every step MMA takes toward being 'a legitimate sport' ie being popular and making money. It's a sad state of affairs for the most part, but like you, I've accepted it and now try to look at it from a more sporting viewpoint, so I'm not completely opposed to these rule changes either.

But still... smh ...ultimate fighting is what I really want. The best of the best warriors colliding with only one winner. MMA is close as it gets so I support it.

Poking people's eyes was always illegal. The difference is it's now illegal to stick your fingers out, pointing at your opponents face.

In some ways I'm okay with that, or I don't care, but in other ways I find it ridiculous that you can't even point at someone's face in the supposedly most realistic fighting sport around.

There are no legal techniques that begin with having your fingers outstretched and pointed at your opponents' face level

To be completelly sure about that, this is the difference of being grounded and not grounded? (ignore the monkey arms lol)

1e717e2a9c.png
Yes. Also, having both palms and/or fists on the ground = grounded. one palm/fist on the ground = not grounded. Finger tips on the ground in any way = not grounded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back