• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post Your Gloves/Gear

Hey MEGAhorse I noticed you said you tried a lot of the gloves. Were you able to compare the different supports? I was interested in getting one with a double strap velcro system, how was it compared to the lace up?

Haha I'll just think of this as an indirect service. You're welcome bro!

Well let me start by saying that I only had about 10 minutes total with all the gloves since the event was crazy. I'll do my best, and hopefully Jason can jump in to correct any misinformation.

The brown Kanpeki like gloves were stock from his overseas manufacturer. Think of that glove as the Ring to Cage Safety Strap mixed with Hayabusa Kanpeki. It didn't have the EVA inserts like the Hayabusas, but the double strap blows the Ring to Cage Safety Strap out of the water. The feel was closer to the Ring to Cage glove as well as the construction. Honestly, I would buy 1V1 glove over the Ring to Cage anyday of the week, and that's saying a lot because R2C is loved at my gym and IMO the perfect 'gym' glove (good for intermediate boxers and basically indestructible). It directly competes with the R2C and beats it on every level IMO ($60 for 1V1 and $90 for Safety Strap). I can't speak for the durability though and the Safety Strap is built like a tank. However, pound for pound the Hayabusa still edges it out.. Remember, this is a stock glove though. I believe the foam was triple layered

The Puerto Rican flag gloves were overseas as well and similar to the Triumph United Death Adder gloves, basically typical triple cuff Mexican style glove, but not as compact or unique as the Death Adders. However, I don't remember them being long like a Bill Boxing glove. I think these were IMF foam.

The red gloves with gold strap were your typical basic glove design save for the face that the wrist support was really awesome because the strap was like 4 inches wide. Don't remember what foam these were.

Now for the custom work. I believe the lace up real gloves had EVA inserts in the wrist which is what the Hayabusa Tokushu/Kanpeki use. when building the handmade gloves you can be very specific with what type of foam wrist support you want, so if you were to ask for EVA foam and get the glove in hook and loop the difference between that and the lace up would be so marginal that it's really up to preference. I believe the foam was layered for these.

Like I said I'm going totally off memory on top of the event being crazy. For custom work Jason emails you a very detailed form to fill out where you can be very specific. Hopefully this helps and maybe Jason can jump in and correct some mistakes if I made any.

Well let me start by saying that I only had about 10 minutes total with all the gloves since the event was crazy. I'll do my best, and hopefully Jason can jump in to correct any misinformation.

The brown Kanpeki like gloves were stock from his overseas manufacturer. Think of that glove as the Ring to Cage Safety Strap mixed with Hayabusa Kanpeki. It didn't have the EVA inserts like the Hayabusas, but the double strap blows the Ring to Cage Safety Strap out of the water. The feel was closer to the Ring to Cage glove as well as the construction. Honestly, I would buy 1V1 glove over the Ring to Cage anyday of the week, and that's saying a lot because R2C is loved at my gym and IMO the perfect 'gym' glove (good for intermediate boxers and basically indestructible). It directly competes with the R2C and beats it on every level IMO ($60 for 1V1 and $90 for Safety Strap). I can't speak for the durability though and the Safety Strap is built like a tank. However, pound for pound the Hayabusa still edges it out.. Remember, this is a stock glove though. I believe the foam was triple layered

The Puerto Rican flag gloves were overseas as well and similar to the Triumph United Death Adder gloves, basically typical triple cuff Mexican style glove, but not as compact or unique as the Death Adders. However, I don't remember them being long like a Bill Boxing glove. I think these were IMF foam.

The red gloves with gold strap were your typical basic glove design save for the face that the wrist support was really awesome because the strap was like 4 inches wide. Don't remember what foam these were.

Now for the custom work. I believe the lace up real gloves had EVA inserts in the wrist which is what the Hayabusa Tokushu/Kanpeki use. when building the handmade gloves you can be very specific with what type of foam wrist support you want, so if you were to ask for EVA foam and get the glove in hook and loop the difference between that and the lace up would be so marginal that it's really up to preference. I believe the foam was layered for these.

Like I said I'm going totally off memory on top of the event being crazy. For custom work Jason emails you a very detailed form to fill out where you can be very specific. Hopefully this helps and maybe Jason can jump in and correct some mistakes if I made any.

That's good to hear, I was really thinking of grabbing a pair of the brown gloves in 10oz, they're a great price and you don't see that many gloves in 10oz in velcro. I'm shocked that it beats the R2C gloves, since those are such good quality (loving my C17's).

If you don't mind me asking, did you notice a significance in quality between his overseas gloves and his custom gloves? I'm a bit torn between getting the Kanpeki style gloves in 10 oz, or getting my own custom gloves (double strap just like the brown ones) in 12 oz.

Also, I forgot to add these beauties to the picture...good ol' American Everlast :icon_chee

20150424_181535.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's good to hear, I was really thinking of grabbing a pair of the brown gloves in 10oz, they're a great price and you don't see that many gloves in 10oz in velcro. I'm shocked that it beats the R2C gloves, since those are such good quality (loving my C17's).

If you don't mind me asking, did you notice a significance in quality between his overseas gloves and his custom gloves? I'm a bit torn between getting the Kanpeki style gloves in 10 oz, or getting my own custom gloves (double strap just like the brown ones) in 12 oz.

Also, I forgot to add these beauties to the picture...good ol' American Everlast :icon_chee

20150424_181535.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, I want to be specific that it was only the Deluxe MiM safety strap model I was talking about and in the same ounce (14). The Deluxe MiM in 20oz and 34oz are the best I've tried at those sizes, so I'm interested to see how the 1V1 handmade gloves in 20oz will compare. I have no experience with the new C-17's.

Honestly, the design of the handmade gloves and the Kanpeki style gloves were polar opposites. The handmades being a traditional triple cuff and the Kanpeki style being a modern design. However, there was a difference. Imagine holding a Hayabusa or Ring to Cage glove next to a Winning or Cleto glove. You'd definitely notice a difference. The handmades were a labor of love and it showed, similar to a Cleto, Winning, Zepol, etc.

Can you tell me more about the boxing classics headgear?

when you're wearing it does it cover the temples?

Can you post close up pictures of the front, side and back?

Did you get any custom options like extra padding in the cheeks or anything?

How much did it cost?

Well, I want to be specific that it was only the Deluxe MiM safety strap model I was talking about and in the same ounce (14). The Deluxe MiM in 20oz and 34oz are the best I've tried at those sizes, so I'm interested to see how the 1V1 handmade gloves in 20oz will compare. I have no experience with the new C-17's.

Honestly, the design of the handmade gloves and the Kanpeki style gloves were polar opposites. The handmades being a traditional triple cuff and the Kanpeki style being a modern design. However, there was a difference. Imagine holding a Hayabusa or Ring to Cage glove next to a Winning or Cleto glove. You'd definitely notice a difference. The handmades were a labor of love and it showed, similar to a Cleto, Winning, Zepol, etc.

Can you tell me more about the boxing classics headgear?

when you're wearing it does it cover the temples?

Can you post close up pictures of the front, side and back?

Did you get any custom options like extra padding in the cheeks or anything?

How much did it cost?

Ahh okay that explains a lot. Will most likely be going custom.

So in terms of the headgear, it costed 80, plus 25 shipping, and a 6 dollar paypal fee (so 111 total).

It does cover my temples, I do not notice any pain after sparring. However, there is no padding whatsoever at the back of the head (so beware of any rabbit punchers at your gym). Though there aren't many headgears that protect the back of the head anyways. There is also good protection around the ears.

The headgear I bought was also already in stock by Juan, but I'm sure if you contact him, you can ask about any custom options you can get on it. For me, it is pretty much the perfect headgear. Really the only thing I would change about it is the tightening mechanism (wish it was more like Winnings, rather than the traditional buckle).

I am currently away from my headgear right now, but I do have some pictures that Juan sent me quite a while back.

IMG_0403.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0404.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1 pair for me and one for my brother. Arrived today :) blue on silver and green on green. I'll use them for the first time today and report back.

Last edited:
1 pair for me and one for my brother. Arrived today :) blue on silver and green on green. I'll use them for the first time today and report back.

Wow loving the colors on the top pair. The bottom pair is nice as well! But those dark blue and silver just stand out to me

Wow loving the colors on the top pair. The bottom pair is nice as well! But those dark blue and silver just stand out to me

The blue and silver are my brothers, damn you!!! :)

I just used the gloves for the first time. These gloves offer outstanding protection for the knuckles. My power is high tier for my weight and my hands have taken a beating in my old pair of top kings, but in these my hands feel brans new. No pain, no scuffed knuckles. Fantastic.

The blue and silver are my brothers, damn you!!! :)

I just used the gloves for the first time. These gloves offer outstanding protection for the knuckles. My power is high tier for my weight and my hands have taken a beating in my old pair of top kings, but in these my hands feel brans new. No pain, no scuffed knuckles. Fantastic.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the dark blue? I noticed on the custom forms from Koubudo and America-Ya, I didn't see that color. Did you specially request it and did it cost extra?

But yeah I completely agree that they provide awesome knuckle protection. How is the wrist support? I only have a velcro pair and the wrist support is decent, but no where near tokushu level.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the dark blue? I noticed on the custom forms from Koubudo and America-Ya, I didn't see that color. Did you specially request it and did it cost extra?

But yeah I completely agree that they provide awesome knuckle protection. How is the wrist support? I only have a velcro pair and the wrist support is decent, but no where near tokushu level.

The colour is navy. Its listed last on the list of custom colours. It should defintely be available.

Regarding wrist support it seemed great to me, but ive never had any problems with wrist injuries so I might not be the best person to ask.

This groin guard just arrived today, can't wait to use them! :) Finally my sparring set is complete.

17656430916_47f2a9b257.jpg

17497689949_fba66ecfd3.jpg

congrats fmeffects, cool stuff

the Windy gloves look nice too, how deep is the finger pocket?

That groin guard looks awesome, is that simply the kidney foul model, the waist looks a lot higher than any I've had.

Thanks man. yup you are right, it's the "kidney and foul protection cup"

IMG_20150515_184952_zpsxxtumue4.jpg

A few things missing from picture: Genesport 100lb heavy bag, 12" Rival aqua bag, Title air mitts, CFS thai pads.

BTW the double end bag is from rskbreaker ;)

IMG_20150515_184952_zpsxxtumue4.jpg

A few things missing from picture: Genesport 100lb heavy bag, 12" Rival aqua bag, Title air mitts, CFS thai pads.

BTW the double end bag is from rskbreaker ;)

Are those R2C gloves the Gym Trainers??? I have 2 pair and love the hell out of them. One of the best gloves in the 50 dollar range!!

Are those R2C gloves the Gym Trainers??? I have 2 pair and love the hell out of them. One of the best gloves in the 50 dollar range!!

Got them on Amazon.com for like 30$. They were described as the stand up boxing gloves. All synthetic but the padding is awesome. Great fit too. Really good for sparring.

Got them on Amazon.com for like 30$. They were described as the stand up boxing gloves. All synthetic but the padding is awesome. Great fit too. Really good for sparring.

Yup. Gym Trainers. The shell is actually leather. The black on the glove is synthetic and they do have the MiM padding. Cool to see another person with them. I have a marine green pair and a red pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back