Post Your Gloves/Gear

View media item 34518 I received these on Friday....
I feel like I sound like a crybaby, but these things suck. Because of some cosmetic issues with the first pair, TB very graciously offered a second pair heavily discounted which I accepted. The padding is much much softer which I specifically said I did not want twice, when he offered. I find it hard to believe the leather from the gloves is cut from the same templates, the two pairs are very different in shape. The soft pair I can barely get my hands in, the thumbs are at least 2-3 cm shorter in the inside and the right gloves thumb is significantly shorter than the left, don't get me started on the thumb piping, again the right glove much worse than the left. It feels like QC has been a little forgotten. I don't want to talk with TB again because I don't want him to think I am crying to him for free stuff....anyway, buyer beware for TBs stock gloves.

I feel very lucky with my one so...

I really need to get some proper boxing gloves. Used Rival RS11-v's for a while, don't like that they're not leather. Have used mostly Thai style Twins for training, but I want some proper boxing gloves just for boxing.

Don't feel worthy or probably have the budget for Winning. Upper limit is 250 something euros. Are the Venum pro line any good?
Venum upper line stuff is nice and is made of Argentina Nappa Leather. though it does seem glossy, so I'm pretty sure it's treated, but it's nice thick leather nonetheless. The designs are loud, I much prefer the look of the gloves Edgar is recommending.

That said, I picked up a pair of Venum Hammer's per Csquared Boxing's recommendation, and I haven't looked back since. They're my favorite gloves to hit the bag with rn. Most protective and best feedback imo, plus they're lace up (though there is a velcro version), so great wrist support too.

If you're on the fence, I say take the plunge.

Venum upper line stuff is nice and is made of Argentina Nappa Leather. though it does seem glossy, so I'm pretty sure it's treated, but it's nice thick leather nonetheless. The designs are loud, I much prefer the look of the gloves Edgar is recommending.

That said, I picked up a pair of Venum Hammer's per Csquared Boxing's recommendation, and I haven't looked back since. They're my favorite gloves to hit the bag with rn. Most protective and best feedback imo, plus they're lace up (though there is a velcro version), so great wrist support too.

What weight did you get them in?

Ahh I see

What small weight gloves do you have these days?
Those same Cheerwing I showed you awhile back are still holding up. I'll probably go with New Sporting for my next pair though, the hand compartment is comfortable in the 16oz, hoping the 12oz is similarly accommodating.

You add anything to the collection recently?

Think i've decided on getting a pair of Cleto Reyes extra padding gloves. Trying to get them from a seller in the EU but they're always out of stock in the red colorway haha

Those same Cheerwing I showed you awhile back are still holding up. I'll probably go with New Sporting for my next pair though, the hand compartment is comfortable in the 16oz, hoping the 12oz is similarly accommodating.

You add anything to the collection recently?
ahh cool

I got some 14oz New Sporting not too long ago.. the thumbs were really stiff for me so I removed the thumb padding and I like them better now, the finger pocket is deep enough in them for me. I also got some Sabas Bella in 16oz as well a few months ago, they're nice feeling gloves, kind of feels like a bigger pro fight glove in a way

I wore a pair of Winning gloves today when I trained. I feel obligated to use them every now and then because I spent so much on them. Good gloves, not great. I am a Mexican glove kinda guy. Not because I am tough or a hard puncher. It’s because I like to punch and I know how to punch and Mexican gloves are made to punch. If your primary criteria for a boxing glove is protection of your hands, get Winning. If you love to punch at the limits of your physical ability, get a Mexican glove. If you put a Mexican glove next to a Winning glove you can see the intent of the maker. Winning are made to protect your hands. Mexican gloves are made to punch things. If you like highly engineered gloves, get a Winning glove. If you like a handcrafted old world charm, brought to life by the culture that bred the thoroughbred fighters of the boxing world, get a Mexican glove. Some people complain about the need to “break in” a Mexican glove and how uncomfortable they are when new. The best a Winning glove will ever be is the day you remove it from that distinctive Winnig box. Not so with Mexican gloves. The leather is stiff and tight because they are designed to be punched into a custom glove. The initial discomfort, if any, is a very minor inconvenience for what is to come. Because the leather is so much more superior to any other leather, it will stretch and mold when exposed to heat and sweat. The natural latex padding is also a major asset to your hands. Why are all the major glove makers advertising their “foams” and “space-age padding”? Because latex is natural rubber and is expensive to obtain and hard to work with. But there is no better shock dispersion substance made. In addition to heat and sweat being good for Mexican leather, it is also good for the latex. The more you punch in Mexican gloves, the better they get. I have a pair of Casanova’s that probably have a couple of hundred rounds on them. They feel like they were made for my hands. I also have a pair of Lopez gloves that are probably the most comfortable gloves I own. Yes, I own a pair of Winning gloves. I had to have them. But it’s like buying a high powered rifle and then complaining about the recoil. Like I said, the intent of the glove maker is apparent. Mexican gloves are intended to be worn by the warriors who made the Mexican fighting style famous. Ask yourself, why does every single major glove maker on the earth manufacture and market a “Mexican” glove. Title, Ringside (back in the day before they became a Reyes distributor) Everlast (the best glove they make is their MX line) Fairtex, Boon and Rival. Because try as they might, marketing their bullshit microfiber, injected molded foam, tri and quad layered padding, their is no substitute for an authentic Mexican made boxing glove. No, they will not e-mail you as each step of production occurs. No, they will not return your seven texts a day. No, they will not return your voice mail. But if left alone, they will make a pair of gloves that you can hand to your son and say “..I used to train in these…” They will make the best gloves you’ll ever put on your hands. If you are a glove collector like me, who actually uses every pair he owns, and enjoys that distinctive “pop” on the heavy bag or that “whomp” on your sparring partner’s headgear, these gloves will give you years of use. In total, Mexican gloves are designed to be worn by stud punchers. You like to cardio box, Fight Camp has a sale on. You want boxing gloves designed to be rugged durable and transfer kinetic energy, Mexican boxing gloves are for you.

Amazing description!! I admit personally I tend to lean towards the "engineered" over the "crafted", but for me the Mexican gloves really shone through when I was working out in the un-air conditioned garage on the hottest of hot and humid days. While the lining in my Adidas' would get soppy wet, the GILs and Reyes felt like they were made for those conditions.

ahh cool

I got some 14oz New Sporting not too long ago.. the thumbs were really stiff for me so I removed the thumb padding and I like them better now, the finger pocket is deep enough in them for me. I also got some Sabas Bella in 16oz as well a few months ago, they're nice feeling gloves, kind of feels like a bigger pro fight glove in a way
Nice man, besides the thumb issue how are you liking your New Sporting? They're my go to all around training glove, love the deep finger pocket.

Oh nice, how do you like those Sabas? Those the ones with the Old English font? Never tried any pro fight gloves on tbh, what's different about them? I had interest in Sabas when I believed they were made in Mexico. Ever since finding out they're Pakistani made I haven't given them much thought since Top boxer can build you pretty much anything for $150, though I have been seeing troubling things about QC issues lately.

Just ordered two pairs of Inter Muay Thai gloves. It's an older Thai brand whose trunks many K-1 fighters wore in the 90s and early 00s. I finally got them to reply to me. I'm doing a custom color pattern. They only have 6 colors to choose from: Red, black, blue, green, white and yellow. They're supposed to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

The gloves 16 oz. @1,250x2=2,500 THB.
Shipping cost by airmail to Cali = 2,300 THB.
Total amount = 4,800 THB.

They take PayPal. Contact via Facebook: Inter Muaythai

Nice man, besides the thumb issue how are you liking your New Sporting? They're my go to all around training glove, love the deep finger pocket.

Oh nice, how do you like those Sabas? Those the ones with the Old English font? Never tried any pro fight gloves on tbh, what's different about them? I had interest in Sabas when I believed they were made in Mexico. Ever since finding out they're Pakistani made I haven't given them much thought since Top boxer can build you pretty much anything for $150, though I have been seeing troubling things about QC issues lately.
I think the New Sporting are pretty cool.

received_508483080524977_934x700.jpg

These were the Sabas I picked up, really great feel for sparring, not so much bagwork imo

ahh cool

What did you do to remove the thumb padding?

Here are the pics of my Muay Thai gloves by Inter. They were sent to me earlier today by the owner, Mr. Jintawat. This is a Thai brand that I'd see often during the old K-1 days in the 90s and early 00s. The gloves themselves supposedly have been shipped and are on the way. Both pairs are 16 oz.

The leather seems really nice. It's unfortunate they only have 6 leather colors to choose from (red, black, blue, green, white, yellow), but despite that limitation I still went for a custom color distribution for both pairs. One thing I notice is that the embroidery seems to be done on a patch, which is then sewn onto the leather. From the pics, the patches seem obvious and the edges look rough. I would have preferred it if the design had been embroidered directly onto the leather, as is the case with my Classics Mexicombate gloves. The embroidery on my Hernandez Champs gloves also appear to be on a patch, but the edges are much cleaner. When these arrive, I'll post a pic of the embroidery the three brands side by side.

I'm looking forward to these. They seem to have a standard Muay Thai glove shape, with shorter cuffs and the long thumbs. It seems that it would be easy to open/close the hand for clinchwork.

Attachments

• 243339685_4436585879767502_8010695086796668903_n.jpg
    243339685_4436585879767502_8010695086796668903_n.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 243610005_419190566361413_1907318881705360455_n.jpg
    243610005_419190566361413_1907318881705360455_n.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 243321840_382075303388735_8764211482598935890_n.jpg
    243321840_382075303388735_8764211482598935890_n.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 242799841_240477714700289_8731840577685930561_n.jpg
    242799841_240477714700289_8731840577685930561_n.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I plan to start a cool rash guard collection soon. What do you guys think of these rash guards at xmartial? I saw some of their batman designed ones and I had to have one.

Can anyone vouch for this brand and recommend any other good brands?

@Endy How are your Barric's holding up?

Hii, i have barric from earlier batch and the new batch and i can say it’s a whole different level.
This new batch feels amazing specially the horse hair feels unique, you can feel the feedback really well but still safe for your hand. Very recommended and at least your need to try this one if you like horse hair padding gloves.

Thank you so much for your reply. I ordered these barrics Really excited for them. The only horse hair gloves I tried were grant fight gloves which I really enjoyed. My only concern with horse hair gloves is durability and also since barric's relatively new I haven't heard anyone speak about how long they last as opposed to say winning or cletos which have countless people attesting to their durability. How long have you had both your older and newer pair for? Have you had any other horse hair gloves? I've heard good things about 1v1 peacemakers (horse hair and foam) and am also interested in Salvador's horse hair training model as well. If you can speak on those or other horse hair gloves, I'd appreciate your insight.

Back