Post Your Gloves/Gear

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Snowman3459, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Minowafanatic Black Belt

own a pair of their pro fight gloves which I'm going to sell on, not used them

2. RDL81 Purple Belt

95F80C4C-2A8D-49D4-A286-2B029A91EC88.jpeg

New headguard just need gym to open to use it

3. Sulayman White Belt

Anyone has the Buakaw Thai boxing gloves? I just saw csquaredboxing review and he rate them very high.

4. doniking White Belt

which one of phenom do you have? How do you think about them?

5. Pullmyfinger Yellow Belt Platinum Member

6. k_sr20 White Belt

Dug out this old headgear that didn’t see much use. Don’t think Fightgear has been around for a while now. But I noticed the nose protection on it was incredible. I took some measurements of the front edge of the cheek protector to compare to the winning fg2900 just for anyone curious. I wish they still made it. It was a bit heavier though; almost looks like it may be the same as the masters Ringside one but with a normal lace top and back. The photos are hard to tell; but it’s about 1.25” (fg2900) of padding vs 1.75” + (Fightgear) or so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    RDL81 and Pullmyfinger like this.
  7. Minowafanatic Black Belt

they are one of the fight glove models; the design is good but construction quality's not great, but that is just this one single pair. I decided to keep it for pads/bags as I got em cheap and the lining's not stitched/glued inside properly in one spot.

doniking likes this.
  8. doniking White Belt

thx, i was about to get phenom but decided to buy something else.

I just got a new pair of gloves. Fly x lace up. Beautiful gloves. Bought from geezersboxing and shipped to indonesia within 1 week by DHL.
    Quick review:
    - Profile wise, they are more compact than winning even though both are 16oz. They are as compact as sabas pro series.
    - The synthetic leather has similar texture with winning.
    - inner lining is so smooth, smoother than winning obviously. you can ieasily slide in your hand.
    - hand compartement is deeper than winning, i don't feel my fingertips jammed as i do in winning.
    - thumb has no issue
    - padding is little denser compared to winning due to the compact size. But still soft enough for sparring.
    - wrist protection is not good due to soft material on the cuff. You can easily bend your wrist up and down. winning has better wrist protection.
    - overall, i would use this for sparring only. I dont want use use expensive gloves on heavy bag. I would use something cheaper and stiffer for heavy bag, like Casanova or rival RB11.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020 at 3:53 PM
    KidMoe and Pullmyfinger like this.