Post examples of times you saw legimate FEAR in fighter during a staredown

Also where do everyone get the gifs from that are always posted?

mcgregor looked terrified... like how did i end up in here with this guy right now

McGregor-eyes-1.jpg

"It was like he was looking me in the eyes, but he was never actually looking. I felt like he was looking somewhere here in the middle. Somewhere around the eyes, he never looked right into my eyes. Not once did he look me in the eyes.

"Everything that happened, the press conference, weigh-ins, the open training... the closer we got to the fight, the more he broke. And when we were inside the cage before the fight.

"I looked him in the eyes, I looked at his state and his appearance and I saw that he is already broken.
easy to claim after he won but we KNOW he was gotten to because of the way he flipped out like a baby after the fight. he was mad. conor had him at that conference.

Stare downs are such revisionist theory. Fedor and Jones don't even look their opponents in the eye, Cowboy tries to be buddy buddy with his opponents, while some fighters try to mean mug, etc. The whole "I saw fear in his eyes" is straight out of a children's karate movie.

Its not. Guys like tyson actually believed it and it must do something for their confidence.

Its not. Guys like tyson actually believed it and it must do something for their confidence.

There are a million staredowns where one guy looked “scared” and then won the fight in the first round. I’m sure some guys believe it but what happens when the guy that believes it gets slept? Was his opponent scared?

The fear in Heath Herring's eyes to learn he had been kissed by another man, like a homosexual.
Yeah, dude was #triggered!
<24>
He got trolled hard! Beta'd if you will!
<20>

Chuck vs Rampage 2. Rampage was nervous when he got to the ring. Then during the staredown the monster within came out, amd Chuck looked unsure of what to do.

Anyone who fought Tyson, not named Buster Douglas or Lennox Lewis.

FWIW - I though Evander was scared the first time but when he realized how much quicker he was than Tyson, he became confident.

@RR

Not a staredown but Kevin Lee looked defeated before the start of round 3 while Tony was yelling at him from his corner.

I remember Michael Spinks looking defeated while standing in the ring before the Tyson fight.

Guy was undefeated at the time too. Tyson was unreal at that age.

There are a million staredowns where one guy looked “scared” and then won the fight in the first round. I’m sure some guys believe it but what happens when the guy that believes it gets slept? Was his opponent scared?

You know you can win a fight despite being scared/intimidated. Its just 1 factor out of many.

Back