Post examples of times you saw legimate FEAR in fighter during a staredown

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

McGregor-eyes.gif

All of Myles Jury's staredowns.

Staredowns mean jack shit
Jon Jones is afraid to look his opponents in the eyes

The fear in Heath Herring's eyes to learn he had been kissed by another man, like a homosexual.

Aldo looked already defeated when he faced Conor...
giphy.gif

mcgregor looked terrified... like how did i end up in here with this guy right now

McGregor-eyes-1.jpg

"It was like he was looking me in the eyes, but he was never actually looking. I felt like he was looking somewhere here in the middle. Somewhere around the eyes, he never looked right into my eyes. Not once did he look me in the eyes.

"Everything that happened, the press conference, weigh-ins, the open training... the closer we got to the fight, the more he broke. And when we were inside the cage before the fight.

"I looked him in the eyes, I looked at his state and his appearance and I saw that he is already broken.

1F8E522D-885A-49CB-9C1F-12D79A0E73B6.jpeg
I was a huge aldo fan. Watching him in the conor fight build up was so aggravating. Aldo was legit shaken up by the whole thing.

Also lol when conor fans thought khabib was shook during the staredowns.

Let me tell you what a dummy I am.. the first time I saw Jones fight before he was in UFC, at the weigh ins he looked scared to death to me, he was looking away at the floor against his opponent and his opponent did not blink, had his eyes locked on Jones with a intense stare. The fight starts and Jones beats the absolute shit out of the guy with total ease, made his face into hamburger meat quickly.

Jones looked so unsure and so unconfident. Looked defeated before it even began LOL. what a theory that turned out to be o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Let me tell you what a dummy I am.. the first time I saw Jones before he was in UFC, at the weigh ins he looked scared to death to me, he was looking away at the floor against his opponent and his opponent did not blink, had his eyes locked on Jones with a intense stare. The fight starts and Jones beats the absolute shit out of the guy with total ease, made his face into hamburger meat quickly.

Jones looked so unsure and so confident. Looked defeated before it even began LOL. what a theory that turned out to be o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Yeah that's why you can't predict a fight from the staredown. Atleast not the ones before fight night. I've seen plenty of guys who look scared but still end up kicking ass anyway. Being scared doesn't automatically mean you will lose. Guys can be scared but by the time the bell rings for the fight to start often that fear gets thrown out of the window.

Stare downs are such revisionist theory. Fedor and Jones don't even look their opponents in the eye, Cowboy tries to be buddy buddy with his opponents, while some fighters try to mean mug, etc. The whole "I saw fear in his eyes" is straight out of a children's karate movie.

Let me tell you what a dummy I am.. the first time I saw Jones fight before he was in UFC, at the weigh ins he looked scared to death to me, he was looking away at the floor against his opponent and his opponent did not blink, had his eyes locked on Jones with a intense stare. The fight starts and Jones beats the absolute shit out of the guy with total ease, made his face into hamburger meat quickly.

Jones looked so unsure and so unconfident. Looked defeated before it even began LOL. what a theory that turned out to be o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Jon Jones is a psycho. So I guess he's the exception.

The only REAL fear that I saw from a fighter was when Frank Bruno was making his way down aisle to fight Tyson. Jesus H......, I'll never forget the genuine fear of life in his face and the un natural sweat pouring from it.

Honorable mention would be best "poker face" as it would appear Forrest Griffin was "ready " to fight Anderson but it was apparent seconds into fight, Forrest wasnt looking for a fight.

Back