Post examples of times you saw legimate FEAR in fighter during a staredown

The only REAL fear that I saw from a fighter was when Frank Bruno was making his way down aisle to fight Tyson. Jesus H......, I'll never forget the genuine fear of life in his face and the un natural sweat pouring from it.

Honorable mention would be best "poker face" as it would appear Forrest Griffin was "ready " to fight Anderson but it was apparent seconds into fight, Forrest wasnt looking for a fight.

Well, to be fair, he'd gotten his posterior handed to him by Tyson like 10 years before that second fight and knew all too well what he was capable of. As an aside, he is my favourite fighter to watch get KO'd, not because of any dislike towards him, but because of how he reacts to the KO. Go watch some vids of his and you'll see how funny he looks when he's laid out on the feet (and he's pretty much always still standing after being KO'd).

All fighters that are facing similar level opponents are scared before the fight.

But that fear gets wiped out, after the first punch lands.
Then it becomes survival or winning

SlushyBrokenIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in a staredoen...but I’ve seen it in the cage

Can’t remember if it’s rich franklin vs silva 1 or 2 ...might have been both

Rich.jpg

As much as I love me some Rich Franklin, my dude still probably wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat after having nightmares of Silva.

Aldo looked already defeated when he faced Conor...
giphy.gif
Didn't he do that in every one of his UFC fights? I think all this pre fight stuff is bullshit anyway though, every fighter is nervous before they fight. The only thing that affects the fight is fighting techniques. You could be extremely nervous but if you use the right moves at the right times you win

Last edited:
The fear in Heath Herring's eyes to learn he had been kissed by another man, like a homosexual.
Like a homosexual? He kissed a man in public, that makes him a homosexual forever

The only two guys who weren't affected by Conor's trashtalk, were Nate and khabib. And they did very well.
LOL WTF are you talking about, Khabib was heavily affected by Conor's shittalk, that is why he was so angry,he was talking trash to Conor during the fight and started a riot after the fight. Just because he dominated Conor doesn't mean that he wasn't angry, some people use those emotions to get better, some just fall for it (Aldo)

Best example I can think of is the chick JJ beat to win the title. I never say a fighter looks scared or nervous before a fight but in that one it was impossible to ignore how obvious it was she was terrified and uncomfortable from the second she started her walk out.

Aldo looked already defeated when he faced Conor...
giphy.gif
Haha, I knew someone was going to say this despite Aldo looking and acting exactly the same as he has before every one of his fights.

Conor had him so shook that he was doing this against max lmao. Right.
Yep, so shook he was also doing it in every other fight he's ever had somehow knowing on a subconscious level he would eventually be standing across the cage from Conor.

It really is amazing how much Conor affects these guys, hahaha

mcgregor looked terrified... like how did i end up in here with this guy right now

McGregor-eyes-1.jpg

"It was like he was looking me in the eyes, but he was never actually looking. I felt like he was looking somewhere here in the middle. Somewhere around the eyes, he never looked right into my eyes. Not once did he look me in the eyes.

"Everything that happened, the press conference, weigh-ins, the open training... the closer we got to the fight, the more he broke. And when we were inside the cage before the fight.

"I looked him in the eyes, I looked at his state and his appearance and I saw that he is already broken.
Screenshot_2018_09_20_Khabib_vs_McGregor_UFC_229_press_conference_staredown.png.jpeg
I swear you connie haters are wrong in the head. "not once did he look in my eyes". are you retarded.

Alex Stewart & Bruce Seldon were both petrified before their bouts vs Tyson. And, neither one made it out of the opening round. Which could be said of a lot of Tyson's opponents but those two really stood out to me. Especially since I was there in the locker room for the Stewart fight.
Also Ryan Bader before the "Rumble" Johnson fight.

The fear in Heath Herring's eyes to learn he had been kissed by another man, like a homosexual.

I love Heath's reaction though, its not so much he gets angery but more "dam this guy kissed me, as a Texan the only possible action I can take is to KO him and ruin my fight".

Dan Henderson looked intimidated by Wanderlei in the staredown of their first fight.

Back