Days of Thunder
Meet Joe Black
The Wraith
Regarding Henry
Looking for Mr. Goodbar
Indian Summer
Nighthawks
Opportunity Knocks
I had forgotten Regarding Henry. Great film with an incredible cast.

Without reading through 9 pages I can almost guarsguar nobody lisyrd this movie.

Trashy young Reese Witherspoon making Kiefer Sutherland pay for trying to rape and kill her.

Then mocking him in court for being disfigured and handicapped after the altercation.

Last edited:
I love Megamind, Event Horizon, and Superbad.

I think that Last Action Hero was underrated. Last Action Hero was released around the same time as Jurassic Park was so you know that it was always going to have a tough time.

Last Action Hero definitely shouldn't have been the movie that ended Arnold's hot streak. I think it was about a decade ahead of its time in terms of being self-aware and making fun of action tropes. It deserved better.

I felt like I needed to take a shower after watching SHAME. It's a high quality, well made, well-acted film but the incestuous undertones were a bit too much for my tastes & comfort.

To be fair I think that's the intension, its not sposed to be comfortable to watch although I didn't take the very ending as being along those lines. I think there is the undertone in that film that both characters have likely been sexually abused as children.

Last Action Hero definitely shouldn't have been the movie that ended Arnold's hot streak. I think it was about a decade ahead of its time in terms of being self-aware and making fun of action tropes. It deserved better.

Definitely the case of a film coming out at the wrong time I'd agree, just as the 80's action style fell out of favour with CGI spectacle taking over but also too soon for people to be ready for a film poking fun at that earlier style.

Last edited:
Without reading through 9 pages I can almost guarsguar nobody lisyrd this movie.

Trashy young Reese Witherspoon making Kiefer Sutherland pay for trying to rape and kill her.

Then mocking him in court for being disfigured and handicapped after the altercation.

I wasn't crazy about the movie, but it's definitely an interesting mention from the archives of obscurity. Kiefer did a lot of semi-interesting almost good movies in the mid-90s.

He actually directed a movie for HBO I think with himself and Forest Whitaker called Last Light that was legitimately good and which I've barely ever heard mentioned since.

The Negotiator

My all time favorite Sam L Jackson movie

Great picks SW Rouge one I haven't seen yet.
If you haven't seen Rogue one yet then please don't read some of my posts that contains spoilers.. :D

I like Rogue one because I think that's how a star wars movie should be. They're fighting against the odds unlike The force awakens and TLJ where you just don't feel the threat of the enemy. You could say that Rogue one is one of the darker star wars movies.

Poor Andy

This is a great movie to teach kids about loss

Also i'll probably catch shit for this but the Super Mario Bros was very underrated as a stand alone Sci Fi movie. Lots of cool easter eggs.

super-mario-bros-movie-poster-1993-1020232994.jpg

Along the same lines as Last Action Hero with Jurassic Park and Blade Runner/The Thing with ET one film that was hurt by another films massive success that isn't mentioned is Sorcerer coming out a few weeks after Starwars, personally I think that's Friedkin's best film and up there with the best of New Hollywood like Chinatown, Taxi Driver, etc.

sorcerer.jpg

Last edited:
Farewell to the King
The Emerald Forrest
The Bounty
30 Days of Night
The Descent
Propchey
Eraser
Top Secret
Blind Fury

Semi-pro. One of my favorite comedies and most have either never seen it or don't like it. Me and a buddy quote it all the time.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is one of the best choregraphed action movies I've ever seen
same w/ Ninja 2: Shadow of the Tear. Undisputed II and III also fit (Scott Adkins bless)

Shoot em Up

Kiss kiss bang bang (mainly b/c a lot of people haven't seen it)

Gleaming the Cube

Last Man Standing

The Ringer

Kiss kiss bang bang is excellent and different than just about any movie ive seen. Good pick

Along the same lines as Last Action Hero with Jurassic Park and Blade Runner/The Thing with ET one film that was hurt by another films massive success that isn't mentioned is Sorcerer coming out a few weeks after Starwars, personally I think that's Friedkin's best film and up there with the best of New Hollywood like Chinatown, Taxi Driver, etc.

sorcerer.jpg

Been meaning to see this since I guess it's a remake of The Wages of Fear. WOF is a tough act to follow though

Back