Post an Underrated Movie

these two Altman gems that typically get overlooked for his more established masterpieces:
california_split_1974_original_film_art_spo_2000x.jpg

images-movie-poster-robert-altman.jpg

Been meaning to see this since I guess it's a remake of The Wages of Fear. WOF is a tough act to follow though

Actually feels a lot like Carpenters The Thing for me in that its more based on the same source material rather than being a remake, style wise there not that far apart either I'd say mixing more serious drama/tension with crazy visuals.

Indeed if your looking for similar films I think you could argue that Mad Max: Fury Road draws pretty heavily on Sorcerer, especially the scene with them stuck in the mud at night.

Last edited:
Man On Fire (2004)

39% on RT deserves atleast a 70% imo

That's bizarre. Rotten tomatoes is nonsense to me though and i like imdb way better. Imdb has it at 7.7 which i feel is closer to where it should be. It's not as good as training day but it's a quality denzel flick.

Creasy's art is death, and hes about to paint his masterpiece

Last Action Hero definitely shouldn't have been the movie that ended Arnold's hot streak. I think it was about a decade ahead of its time in terms of being self-aware and making fun of action tropes. It deserved better.
It wasn't ahead of it's time it was just the least subtle.

45 mins of screen time and Ben Kingsley gets best supporting actor for it. Great flick.

Is that a lot of screen time for a supporting actor? Between Sexy Beast and Iron Man, Ben sure has some legit range.

Is that a lot of screen time for a supporting actor? Between Sexy Beast and Iron Man, Ben sure has some legit range.
I worded that poorly I meant from the time he enters to the time he dies is only 45 mins of a roughly 2 hour movie. So he’s in less than half of it.

Brotherhood of the Wolf and State of Grace are solid picks I'll add
Equal.jpg

Watch Ghandi and Sexy Beast back to back, it’s hard to believe it’s the same actor.

Ben Kingsley recently played Adolph Eichmann a high ranking Nazi, was a jew in Schindler's List, and was also Ghandi... wat?

Back