Possible Uriah Hall PTSD from TUF?

if your not trying to punch the other guys head off
My son had similar issues when he was in high school. He could very easily escalate situations to violence but then didn't want to hurt the other person even if they were attacking. I told him that those other kids are emotionally-stunted morons who don't understand anything except violence and hurting them is doing society a favor, that seemed to stick!
sounds like your son is the one that is an emotionally stunted moron tbh... he bullies other kids to the point of a fight and then cowers away when shit hits the fan? yikes

I think the TUF conditions really fucked with him. If it was an event and he knocks some guy out, crowd is going crazy, he probably doesn't even think about the condition of the other guy. In TUF, it's dead silent and you've just spent the past few weeks of your life living with the guy now lying on the floor wailing and groaning... He must've lost part of himself with each knockout.

it seems like fighting is a chore for him lol. it's almost as if someone forced him to become an ultimate fighter, and is struggling to maintain being one. the guy doesn't seem to have the desire to even be a fighter. having the physical talents to do something, doesn't mean you should do it if you're mentally not up for it.

It has always been the general consensus that Uriah Hall suffers with the mental part of fighting, pulling the trigger and hurting people in general which contrasts his innate ability to brutalise people

In another thread someone posted a video of his KO from TUF and the guy cant move and is asking "why is my eye fucked up" while being face down and then of course the famous hook kick near death KO

He celebrated after that one and then it became apparent it was quite serious, two KO's both seemed really serious and everyone was worried

Is it possible that Uriah has some PTSD from these KO's and is truly scared of hurting people to that extent again deep down and he is going through a bit of an inner torment and battle with fighting
thats a very positive way of looking at it, which is a good thing. that being said i dont believe thats the case, there is a vid of him hurting a guy in training for throwing a lil too hard on him, and the guy was clearly not on his level. i think he just has terrible footwork and got unusually far from his unusually good ability to plant, intimidate, and pot shot. I think what we see of him now is probably very similar to his first few pro fights.

Just an excuse for why he’s not very good. When he does actually move forward and fight, his spinning kicks and everything else don’t land nor hurt his opponent. He’s not hesitant, he’s just not very good. He’s also scared of being hit.

He knocked out a TUF can who had his hands down and now people think he holds back lol
WTF are u talking about??? He's a top 10 MM u weirdo, how does that make him, "not very good." he's just a solid fighter that will never hold a title. That's like more than half the roster

it seems like fighting is a chore for him lol. it's almost as if someone forced him to become an ultimate fighter, and is struggling to maintain being one. the guy doesn't seem to have the desire to even be a fighter. having the physical talents to do something, doesn't mean you should do it if you're mentally not up for it.
u know how many people have high paying jobs that they would say they dont like but do it anyways because they can be successful at it and provide income for themselves? a lot

I think he just doesn't like hurting people which isn't a good mix in his profession. I have no doubt that some fights he holds back a little because he doesn't want to hurt them. Some of those TUF KO's were really brutal and he looked like he was going to cry after them while saying sorry.

sounds like your son is the one that is an emotionally stunted moron tbh... he bullies other kids to the point of a fight and then cowers away when shit hits the fan? yikes
Thank you. It seems like he's emotionally abusing his own son into being a violent moron. Fucking sad bc clearly his son doesn't want to fight but he's bullying his son into the turd he is.

So your son would escalate situations to violence but then doesn't want to hurt the other people he pushed to violence and you told him They are the ones who are emotionally stunted even tho he's the one escalating the situation? I'm seriously confused here. I don't want to jump on your shit for being a shitty parent but it seems like you are the one who's emotionally damaging your son into being violent.

I phrased that like an idiot. I meant my kid would try to stand up for himself with words which pissed the other kids off and made them get physical. He wouldn't fight back once it got to that point.

I phrased that like an idiot. I meant my kid would try to stand up for himself with words which pissed the other kids off and made them get physical. He wouldn't fight back once it got to that point.
I actually figured that's what you meant in a way but you worded it as if your kid was the instigator in all of it. I'm not a violent person and don't condone violence but am a believer if someone tries to hurt you then you try to hurt them right back.

I think that's BS.

He smashed a ton of dudes honestly.

Almost killed Mousasi even.

I think he just isnt ELITE.

Good fighter for sure though.
Almost killed Mousasi? Moose wasn't ever knocked out. Spinning back kick and jumping knee couldn't put him down.

Hall has some mental block that prevents him to become a top fighter. But I doubt it has been caused by PTSD. Rogan is too obsessed with that acronym.

It has always been the general consensus that Uriah Hall suffers with the mental part of fighting, pulling the trigger and hurting people in general which contrasts his innate ability to brutalise people

In another thread someone posted a video of his KO from TUF and the guy cant move and is asking "why is my eye fucked up" while being face down and then of course the famous hook kick near death KO

He celebrated after that one and then it became apparent it was quite serious, two KO's both seemed really serious and everyone was worried

Is it possible that Uriah has some PTSD from these KO's and is truly scared of hurting people to that extent again deep down and he is going through a bit of an inner torment and battle with fighting
I always thought that. But if thats the case. He shouldnt be a fighter.

u know how many people have high paying jobs that they would say they dont like but do it anyways because they can be successful at it and provide income for themselves? a lot

oh, i'm sure. they should all reconsider whether it's worth it.

Don't think so, given the fact that he authored some very gnarly KO's over Jotko and Bevon Lewis. I think his issue is simply looking for the perfect shot at all times, and if his opponent doesn't give him respect or is constantly pressuring him, he has a hard time trusting himself to exploit an opening.

I think the TUF conditions really fucked with him. If it was an event and he knocks some guy out, crowd is going crazy, he probably doesn't even think about the condition of the other guy. In TUF, it's dead silent and you've just spent the past few weeks of your life living with the guy now lying on the floor wailing and groaning... He must've lost part of himself with each knockout.
Ya the environment fucked him up mentally. He probably got the greatest ko in tuf history and his coach told him to stop celebrating. He was the most feared guy in the house in tuf history maybe besides kimbo (rip), he was supposed to win tuf but there was kelvin. He can contend for title without a doubt with a stronger mindset but that’s to be seen.

Jumping knee definitely put him down bro.

He has a great chin, he got whooped there though, it's fine, it happens.
Knocked him down, yes, but Mousasi was not knocked out bruh. How can someone be almost murdered and not even knocked out? LOL Get real bruh.

No.

Its just his style. He is not aggresive nor is he high volume.

He is very patient and looks to land big clean shots. He doesnt have the highest durability in the world and his punch defense while in the pocket is not the greatest it could be. He cannot afford to brawl at all.

He has a pretty unique skillset for mma, and it kind of sucks that people shit on him for it.

Judging by his actions on tuf i will say, i think the whole empathy angle from him is bullshit.
If u remember he was super concerned and then for no reason at all, while everyone was chilling he called the guy he koed a pussy out of nowhere. He obviously has some sort of personality disorder, either that or hes just a pos that hides it well. I dont think hes scared to hurt people or anything stupid like that though.

Back