Possible reasons for JDS's poor performance last night

ATL

Altitude MMA
Reaction score
First off, what a great win for Cain! Congrats to the Velasquez camp for putting in the work in getting the belt back. Not to take anything away from Cain's win by any means but I find Junior's performance baffling. Was it Cains aggressive pace? Was JDS injured, sick, bad camp, not take the fight seriously because of the first fight?

I was watching it with my 12 family and friends at my house and everyone was under the assumption that something was wrong and it appeared JDS wasn't trying or couldnt nullify the attacks. Something was seriously off with JDS last night and I hope we find out why.

Congrats to Cain not many fighters can get their belt back.

First off, what a great win for Cain! Congrats to the Velasquez camp for putting in the work in getting the belt back. Not to take anything away from Cain's win by any means but I find Junior's performance baffling. Was it Cains aggressive pace? Was JDS injured, sick, bad camp, not take the fight seriously because of the first fight?

I was watching it with my 12 family and friends at my house and everyone was under the assumption that something was wrong and it appeared JDS wasn't trying or couldnt nullify the attacks. Something was seriously off with JDS last night and I hope we find out why.

Congrats to Cain not many fighters can get their belt back.

I'm no expert, but I think it was because he was DESTROYED by Cain. I was pulling for JDS, but I'm not blind and stupid....

something may have been wrong with JDS but I'm not gonna make excuses, Cain did great

Junior has never had to fight through adversity, and you can't train for that, he's always been a winner and I think that was his first taste of defeat and that kicked his ass more than Cain did....... mental game is huge and he learned a tough lesson, which WILL make him better... the rubber match will tell the full story of these guys, I can't wait.

There was nothing wrong with JDS... or at least I highly doubt he was suffering from big injury or mental issues (maybe a bit overconfident but htat didn't really play a factor imo)

JDS was getting clocked in the face too often with huge shots because he keeps his hands low to stop the takedowns. He initally stopped like 3 takedowns and when he got slammed he popped back up. Then he got punched in the face really hard and was in zombie mode for almost the rest of the fight.

This is exactly what Cain wanted to do. JDS has to prepare better for that. Hopefully JDS learned how to better predict the shot and keep his hands up more.

There was nothing wrong and his performance wasn't poor. Just faced a fighter who put in one of the strongest performances in HW history.

Just the fact that he was beaten down and tired in the 5th round and still managed to get up almost every time one of the best MMA wrestlers took him down speaks a lot to his strength and character.

JDS said he felt good and made no excuses. He got beat plain and simple.

Cain is just better than him, thats whats wrong. But dont worry, JDS is a brazilian fighting out of nogs camp, he will have an excuse ready in no time.

Cain was a better fighter, that's what was wrong with him.

All great and valid points, one wonders If that big shot that dropped JDS in the first broke his jaw (rumors of course). Cain came out like a possessed demon and JDS couldnt handle the pressure.

I feel like Cain repeatedly hitting him in the face is a possible reason for his poor performance, but I'm no Joe Rogan.

He got hurt and was fighting someone who wouldn't back off, it would be pretty shitty to try and recover vs a guy who's always running you into the fence and punching and elbowing the hell out of you.

Cain is just better than him, thats whats wrong. But dont worry, JDS is a brazilian fighting out of nogs camp, he will have an excuse ready in no time.

So JDS was the better fighter after the first fight, right?

Now Cain is the better fight.

With how hard these guys hit, it can always go either way.

He fought a wrestler that he could KO with 1 punch or Submit end of story. .

JDS was the slower fighter and ended up on the receiving end of the strikes.

Nothing was wrong with JDS. He fought a healthy mobile Cain and was pummeled for 5 rounds. End of story.

Back