Possible reasons for JDS's poor performance last night

It was somewhere in between Cain rag dolling him and getting the better of the exchanges on the feet which caused his bad performance? I was pulling for JDS but I'm not going to sit here and make excuses as to why he lost. Cain just plain outclassed him last night.

I think it was just due to that first hard punch. Before that he kept getting out of Cain's takedowns and leaving Cain looking odd. But once there was that hard connection JDS simpley was unable to recover. Then it was speculated that his jaw was broken in the second round. Cain was just the better fighter last night. I would love to see a rubber match but only after Junor gets a win or two. He was picked apart last night. Both classy men.

something may have been wrong with JDS but I'm not gonna make excuses, Cain did great

JDS was Rocked by Cain's punch. that's the reason why he lost the fight. i m suprised that JDS was able to fight until the end because i thought he wouldn't continue fighting. he was badly hurt.

i think he underestimated cain's striking, having KO'd him in under 2 min in their first matchup.

he seemed content to feel cain out in the 1st round, like he did with mir, trying to gauge his timing so he could open up in the second. problem was that cain pushed a pace he hadn't in the first fight and caught a lazy junior backing up with a strong rear straight that JDS never quite recovered from

He got punched in the face. Hard.

First off, what a great win for Cain! Congrats to the Velasquez camp for putting in the work in getting the belt back. Not to take anything away from Cain's win by any means but I find Junior's performance baffling. Was it Cains aggressive pace? Was JDS injured, sick, bad camp, not take the fight seriously because of the first fight?

I was watching it with my 12 family and friends at my house and everyone was under the assumption that something was wrong and it appeared JDS wasn't trying or couldnt nullify the attacks. Something was seriously off with JDS last night and I hope we find out why.

Congrats to Cain not many fighters can get their belt back.

While it is possible that something was "off" with JDS (his confidence and energy seemed to go out the window quite early though he looked much better later on), I think that shot he took early from Cain simply ruined him for the bulk of the fight and he never recovered enough to do anything significant. Cain's punch would have probably dropped most guys. that was SOLID. JDS showed monster heart, but Cain hurt him too badly in the early minutes...period.

No disrespect to Cain, but this fight actually made me think more highly of JDS than it did Cain. Cain's "limitless cardio" was shown to be b.s. (and OMG Rogan and Anik needed to just STFU about it) as he was clearly NOT maintaining his early pace later on, and that was despite JDS not mounting much effective offence.

To be honest, I feel that Cain should have been able to end the fight. He implemented a poor game plan by clinching and repeatedly going for takedowns, when he really could have benefited by taking two steps back and unloading on JDS against the cage. "balls to the wall" for 30 seconds could have ended the fight for him, IMHO.

great win though, and I'm looking forward to the grudge match whenever it happens.

JDS looked terrible last night. If he performed like that in his other fights he would have never made it to the top because he would have been crushed. I think something was wrong with him he didnt even try to defend himself and barely threw his right hand. Everyone is so quick to write off an injury or maybe something else we may have been unaware of because they dont want to take credit away from Cain. Im not saying there was definitely something wrong with Junior but it certainly looked strange the whole time. Btw for anyone saying that the fighters said they were 100 percent before the fight just think about whether you would want to reveal an injury before the fight to your opponent dont be stupid.

he seemed to look normal to me in the first round i think he's just never been wrestled the way cain wrestled him and gettin taken down that much and gettin up reallly does take alot out of you....i was rooting for cain though! and im damn happy he got his belt back

I'm no expert, but I think it was because he was DESTROYED by Cain. I was pulling for JDS, but I'm not blind and stupid....

Your stupid you quote ts and your the first person posting we all know who your responding to lol

I think he may have been sorta shocked at what Cain was doing, I mean no one really thought he would walk through his punches and take him down like that.

its obviously just a set up for the rubbermatch. duuuh. he was paid off by zuffa to throw the fight.

JDS flight arrived late , it clearly was jet lag at its finist

There was nothing wrong with him Cain took it to him and beat him up. Plain and simple, lets not try an take anyway away from Cain.

There's like zero footage on JDS fighting backwards. He likes to back up reset and rethrow his shots. Cain exploited the fact JDS doesnt like to throw shots until he is relaxed. Pressure and a high wrestling type fight is huge if your not used to it

its obviously just a set up for the rubbermatch. duuuh. he was paid off by zuffa to throw the fight.

That has crossed my mind but I wouldn't go out as far stamping the fight with that label. JDS was dominated.

JDS overtrained simple as that

Back