Possible reasons for JDS's poor performance last night

JDS overtrained simple as that

I was thinking that as well, I train and for tournaments and fights I have also overtrained and I gassed badly as result of it. I hope that is not the case.

He got clocked and swarmed and never recovered. Simple as that. Cain was the better fighter last night and JDS wasn't prepared for anything that Cain threw at him.

I think it was just due to that first hard punch. Before that he kept getting out of Cain's takedowns and leaving Cain looking odd. But once there was that hard connection JDS simpley was unable to recover. Then it was speculated that his jaw was broken in the second round. Cain was just the better fighter last night. I would love to see a rubber match but only after Junor gets a win or two. He was picked apart last night. Both classy men.

Will be interesting to see the injury report and medical suspensions this week.

First off, what a great win for Cain! Congrats to the Velasquez camp for putting in the work in getting the belt back. Not to take anything away from Cain's win by any means but I find Junior's performance baffling. Was it Cains aggressive pace? Was JDS injured, sick, bad camp, not take the fight seriously because of the first fight?

I was watching it with my 12 family and friends at my house and everyone was under the assumption that something was wrong and it appeared JDS wasn't trying or couldnt nullify the attacks. Something was seriously off with JDS last night and I hope we find out why.

Congrats to Cain not many fighters can get their belt back.

Nothing was wrong, JDS could not compete against Cains wrestling pace.

JDS got dominated but he will be back but the issue is he will have to work on his wrestling and wrestling defense and entire game.

This is why its good to be well-rounded, when someone takes away one of your skills, you can win another way.

He is a tough guy though, I thought JDS was done in the third but he stayed at it.

Last edited:
I wondered if the change in the location of his camp had some unknown affect on him.

Nothing was wrong, JDS could not compete against Cains wrestling pace. Thats the bottom line, JDS just could not deal with Cains wrestling.

JDS got dominated and he will be back but the issue is he will have to work on his wrestling and wrestling defense.

Yea he clearly had issues getting back to his feet and defending the take downs, I wonder who Cain had come in for his training camp besides the usual partners.

I said i before the fight that jds looked scared in the weight ins, cain fought a smart fight just like fedor fought mirko

Hmm, I just expected it to be more competitive or a two-way war actually. In fact, before JDS landed the big shot in the first fight, it was quite competitive.

Hmm, I just expected it to be more competitive or a two-way war actually. In fact, before JDS landed the big shot in the first fight, it was quite competitive.

I feel the same way, this fight reminded me of Cain treated brock but only more brutal. Cant wait to see JDS back at the top so many interesting fights for JDS.

He got caught and dropped in the first round, then punched some more, Cain hits really hard. The rest of the fight he might not even have known where he was. He was hurt and was still able to get Cain off him and defend takedowns for 20 more minutes at HW, had the first round not gone down the way it did, it would've been a closer fight, props to Cain though he was the better man.

First off, what a great win for Cain! Congrats to the Velasquez camp for putting in the work in getting the belt back. Not to take anything away from Cain's win by any means but I find Junior's performance baffling. Was it Cains aggressive pace? Was JDS injured, sick, bad camp, not take the fight seriously because of the first fight?

I was watching it with my 12 family and friends at my house and everyone was under the assumption that something was wrong and it appeared JDS wasn't trying or couldnt nullify the attacks. Something was seriously off with JDS last night and I hope we find out why.

Congrats to Cain not many fighters can get their belt back.

JDS was badly rocked and it was amazing he survived. These guys will fight again, probably a couple of more times to be honest. They are both in their early primes. JDS will respect Cains hands more next time. The fight was changed by that one shot which allowed Cain to beat him up and wear him down. I am a grappler and I felt Cain would be very competitive and thought he'd win but these two guys can both beat each other. Junior was bigger and more cut, looked great but big mm. don't win fights. I am betting that we'll see these guys again in about 18 mo. I am hoping that each fight someone else twice before but there isn't a lot of depth at HW.

Cain won, just like when JDS one there should not be any excuses I can't wait for the third fight.

Back