Popular Movies You Think Are Over-Rated

About that Star Wars movie... OH MY GOD, FUCK. They pretty much cut the balls off Kylo Ren. How in the fuck do you have credibility as a scary dangerous bad guy when a dumb Stormtrooper can pick up a light saber and go toe to toe with you? And who's idea was it to intentionally make that Stormtrooper that fucking annoying? Isn't the idea to like him, and not wish him a terrible painful death whenever he appears on screen?

And lastly, I really hated how they made this movie almost like the first star wars. Remember the Luke Skywalker Death Star "use the Force, Luke" scene? The girl had almost exactly that same moment in the light saber battle if you remember. It was just a fail, imo.

Damn, those are basically the exact same complaints about it I had. I feel like I would've liked it better had I not seen the very first star wars (the 1977 one) since it was so similar. I appreciate that they used some of the original concepts for a bit of nostalgia, but so many of the scenes were just direct rip-offs from the first movie that it kinda turned me off. Where's the originality in hollywood these days?

And yeah, the only thing that made Kylo Ren seem sort of badass was that he killed his father. But the scene where a measly storm trooper and what's her face who had just begun to discover that she could use the force but had zero training can take on Kylo? It took two full fledged jedis to beat darth maul in episode one and one of them died in the process. Stupid.

Shawshank. "Greatest movie ever" people, you're really, REALLY overestimating this film.

First time I've ever agreed with you.

Anyone who ranks that movie higher than One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest either hasn't seen One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest or belongs in the Cuckoo's Nest.

Just looking through this list, so many of these films being overrated or not, depend on what stage in your life that you first saw them. We're all far more cynical when we get older, but if you saw many of these when you were in your teens, they could be considered classics. Lower expectations and nostalgia play a big part.

I definitely felt that way with the hangover Franchise. Part 1 got a few laughs out of me, but how it was turned into this huge money making franchise is beyond me. If I watched it when I was 16 and had just started drinking and getting snizz on the regs.... Who knows?

First time I've ever agreed with you.

Anyone who ranks that movie higher than One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest either hasn't seen One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest or belongs in the Cuckoo's Nest.
You should agree with me more often considering how opinionated and correct I am about everything *chokes*

Have a stick of Juicy Fruit?

You should agree with me more often considering how opinionated and correct I am about everything *chokes*

Have a stick of Juicy Fruit?

It's ok, my local shop's got a deal on these badboys.

s-l1000.jpg

Damn, those are basically the exact same complaints about it I had. I feel like I would've liked it better had I not seen the very first star wars (the 1977 one) since it was so similar. I appreciate that they used some of the original concepts for a bit of nostalgia, but so many of the scenes were just direct rip-offs from the first movie that it kinda turned me off. Where's the originality in hollywood these days?

And yeah, the only thing that made Kylo Ren seem sort of badass was that he killed his father. But the scene where a measly storm trooper and what's her face who had just begun to discover that she could use the force but had zero training can take on Kylo? It took two full fledged jedis to beat darth maul in episode one and one of them died in the process. Stupid.

I liked the movie, but it's mostly because of where they can go from here. I hope that the fact that they made Kylo struggle will mean that we're going to see a lot more intense Kylo in the next one.

Rey had combat training and showed it earlier in the movie. When you think about it, she's actually more likely to have had more fights than Kylo. She's living in the hood and he's just rolling about with Five-0 stopping laser beams. Mostly though, he didn't want to kill her and wanted to recruit her. He could have killed her if he wanted to. Oh yeah, that and he was shot with a frickin Bowcaster. The same one that was destroying troopers left and right earlier in the movie. The fact that he could walk, let alone fight was a miracle.

Also, there are rumours that Finn might be force sensitive. There are a few parallels with him and Luke from New Hope. Would love it if he was related to Windu.

Really didn't mean to go on for that long.

se7en as well. There's just far better serial killer movies.

Mad max fury road.

Some cool effects and things done but I just didn't like it. I was incredibly bored. I watched it again not to long ago and again I was just bored.

Bone Tomahawk
Victoria
Dope
Force Awakens
Straight out of Compton
Blue Ruin
American Sniper
End of Watch

I didn't hate Boyhood but it's definitely overrated.

Back