Popular Movies You Think Are Over-Rated

My vote, since it just won a bunch of Oscars, goes to Mad Max. Holy shit what a steaming pile of poop. In my opinion, they took a show that should have been a full length HBO series and stuffed it into one long episode. Imagine how you would feel about Rome, The Sopranos or The Wire if it was just one movie. And the fact that it's getting a bunch of praise is pretty mind boggling.

Yeah, this movie tried to hard, was weak, and was acclaimed by only those that occupied the 14 to 22 year old demo.

The whole time I was like Fedor/Aldo gif

Avatar. I liked it in the theatres but I couldn't sit through it at home. Never will watch it again. It's just boring schlock. And it created the word unobtanium. For that alone it should be burned from existence.

I liked some of these movies but Feel they are generally overrated:

The Hangover
Forrest Gump
The Big Lebowski
Donnie Darko
Kick-ass
Ironman
12 years a slave
Deadpool
Inside Out
Anchorman
Bridesmaids
Birdman

Same here. Ripoff unoriginal story with forgettable characters. Spent all there money on 3D special effects. 3D is the biggest scam - charge double to wear shitty glasses and have shit look like it's not on the screen ohhh ahhh.

All of your fav movies are bad and you should feel bad

Last edited:
I'd probably get my ass stoned to death if I said this in public, but Aliens is the worst flick in the franchise

Same here. Ripoff unoriginal story with forgettable characters. Spent all there money on 3D special effects. 3D is the biggest scam - charge double to wear shitty glasses and have shit look like it's not on the screen ohhh ahhh.

Hollywood needs to take the less is more approach more often, but this stuff sells so don't expect it to change soon. Special effects can be a good thing, as long as it is not overused and at the expense of the movie itself. We need balance.

I'd probably get my ass stoned to death if I said this in public, but Aliens is the worst flick in the franchise

I agree
You should be stoned in public

2001 a space odyssey.

I'm convinced people say they like this movie just so they can discuss the symbolism and "hidden messages" in it with other people who pretend to see the same shit.

Sorry, its boring and stupid. It just is.

I liked it. But I thought the first one was better.

Pretty much the continual T2 nuthuggery around here lowered my opinion, lol

One of the things I found interesting about t1,t2, and t2 is that it is the story told three times. Robot sent from the future. Resistance sends someone back to prevent the future from being changed. Hilarity ensues. This is very true about t1 and t2. T2 to me feels like t1 with more money. T1 was supposed to have the blow up skynet scene that t2 had but it got clipped.

I hated Boondock Saints.

More recently, I found "The Witch" to be pretty disappointing. I think it might grow on me though.

MV5BMTYwOTEwNjAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc5MTUwMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

MV5BMjAxMzY3NjcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI5OTM0Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

MV5BMTUyMTE0ODcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODE4NDQzNTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Also pretty much all those movie franchises that are based on teen books.

12 Years a Slave, Pulp Fiction, Mad Max: Fury Road, any of the original Star Wars movies - though I can understand those as technical achievements, at least.

Just because you don't appreciate them doesn't mean they're overrated.

12 Years a Slave, Pulp Fiction, Mad Max: Fury Road, any of the original Star Wars movies - though I can understand those as technical achievements, at least.

2910441-0029940129-wat.g.gif

Back