Popular fights that you think are overrated

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Read a bunch of "best UFC/SF/PRIDE/WEC fights" threads and saw some of the fights on Fight Pass. Can't say I was pleased with all of them, here's my list.

Dan Henderson vs Wanderlei Silva 2 - The first round of this fight was pretty awesome but round 2 was just Henderson laying on Wanderlei, not doing anything. Round 3 was pretty average until the finish. Haven't seen this fight in years so my desciption on this might not be accurate lol. Not the worst fight but I think it's overrated.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Royce Gracie - Only about a couple minutes of this fight was exciting, the rest was just 85 minutes of stalling. Don't know why people would put this in their top 10 MMA fight list, I can name 10 PRIDE fights that are better than this.

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 1 - Was pretty exciting the first time for obvious reasons, rewatched it and realized how boring it was.

Jake Shields vs Dan Henderson - I swear about three people from reddit recommended this fight to me. Already seen it, no thanks lol

What are yours?

So we're on another "hate on popular fights" thread? What a disappointing day on Sherdog.

And Griffin Bonnar. If that fight really saved the UFC, shit must've been bad.

No one likes any Jake shields fight. Though Felder vs Barboza was overrated. Solid fight but nothing special

MacDonald/Lawler 2. Absolutely awesome fight, one of my favourites. Starting from the 3rd round.

KZ vs Poirier

The fight was pretty one-sided, and I think all the love for it comes from KZ being popular, not from it actually being a good fight.

Imagine if it went the exact same way except Poirier and KZ switched roles. I don't think the fight would have been so loved by fans.

Back