Poll: Do you consider the UFC to be a legitimate sports league?

Is the UFC a legit sport

• Total voters
LOL no. UFC is more like a circus or carnival. You pay your money and get to see some crazy shit. Not a sport though.

Because we have yet to agree of what makes a promotion legitimate.

You haven't given any reasons for your side of the argument. At this point we won't agree anyways.

and out of that list of fights u posted only GSP was on a long lay off but he retried a champ. Brock went out on a losing streak
and popped for roids in his last fight! but he deserves a title shot. I am sorry but i can no longer take u seriously.

no need for anymore further replies.

I think MMA is definitely a legitimate sport, but UFC is not a legitimate promotion.

When undeserving guys get pushed and pushed into shitle tots, clearly NOT a legit sports league.

You haven't given any reasons for your side of the argument. At this point we won't agree anyways.

and out of that list of fights u posted only GSP was on a long lay off but he retried a champ. Brock went out on a losing streak
and popped for roids in his last fight! but he deserves a title shot. I am sorry but i can no longer take u seriously.

no need for anymore further replies.
You have created an arbitrary set of rules that a sport/org must stand by or else they are not legit. You refuse to share this criteria with me. My entire point was to show that your criteria for legitimacy are completely subjective to you. If we are going to work off the actual definition of the word, the UFC is legit and so is the sport in general. If we are going to use your shoddy working definition of legitimacy, you have to tell me what it is or we can't go on.

You have created an arbitrary set of rules that a sport/org must stand by or else they are not legit. You refuse to share this criteria with me. My entire point was to show that your criteria for legitimacy are completely subjective to you. If we are going to work off the actual definition of the word, the UFC is legit and so is the sport in general. If we are going to use your shoddy working definition of legitimacy, you have to tell me what it is or we can't go on.

I'm done with you. If you wanna call it a victory then go ahead pat yourself on the back. You have not stated one reason as to why you think the UFC is legit only tearing down what i have said..

this isn't my first rodeo i know when i am being trolled.

so again i will kindly ask you to gtfo

I'm done with you. If you wanna call it a victory then go ahead pat yourself on the back. You have not stated one reason as to why you think the UFC is legit only tearing down what i have said..

this isn't my first rodeo i know when i am being trolled.

so again i will kindly ask you to gtfo
legitimate - conforming to the law or to rules. you are falling apart, give me your definition or concede defeat. I am using the one in the dictionary, how about you?

Mma is a true sport but 99 percent of promotions out there including the UFC care a LOT about entertainment as well. That’s why they conveniently set matches without giving a fuck about rankings. It happens in other sports like soccer ( world cup, champions league) as well.... but nowhere near as often or evident as in the ufc.

(And it’s getting worse as we speak. They are too obvious nowadays... )
Comparing legitimacy of World Cup and Champions League to UFC's legitimacy...<SelenaWow>
Soccer is all about rankings, ladders, tournaments.

Until the UFC stays true to rankings being the be all and end all of match making, where there is a clear and obvious ladder that the viewers can understand, it'll be hard to consider a truly legitimate sports league.

legitimate - conforming to the law or to rules. you are falling apart, give me your definition or concede defeat. I am using the one in the dictionary, how about you?

I already have please leave........

I already have please leave........
I refuse to leave until you type "DanAndroid is an alpha chad and I am blessed to have had the opportunity to have a direct correspondence with him."

Ive always considered MMA to be "sports entertainment" more than straight up professional sport, I dont really have a problem with that being the case either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back