Poll: Do you consider the UFC to be a legitimate sports league?

Is the UFC a legit sport

• Total voters

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
Reason i ask is the rankings system and the complete disregard to how the UFC uses them.

i.e undeserved title shots.

Anything else about the UFC make you feel like it is not a true sport? If you vote other please specify why!

The UFC is not a sport.
MMA is a sport.
But MMA in the UFC is half sport, half circus.

MMA is a legitimate sport.
The UFC isn't a sport any more than the NFL, MLB, NBA or the NHL are.

most title shots are deserved. it's a legit sport of course. it's just not a "league". it's impossible to run it like one. and it's not an association.

Barely more legit than WWE.

giphy.gif

MMA is a completely legit sport in and of itself.

How MMA interacts with business is not a pure sport. There is virtually no reason to expect it to either.

Lol at still
It never was...

All jokes Aside the UFC is a company not a sport, you wouldn’t call the premier league a sport now would you? MMA is a sport but it lacks a lot of legitimacy. Everything is a case by case basis(usually based upon popularity) and it lacks any form of consistency. The athletes are also getting screwed bad

The UFC is not a sport.
MMA is a sport.
But MMA in the UFC is half sport, half circus.
Of course it is. I thought all Sherdogs trane UFC

It's a sport cuz athletic commission, its on ESPN. UFC run things poorly but it's still a sport. That's like saying kids playing basketball in the park is not playing a sport.

MMA is a completely legit sport in and of itself.

However MMA interacts with business is not a pure sport. There is virtually no reason to expect it to either.

The title says UFC, not mma.

UFC has a legit sportmen but it's being run more so like entertainment with disregard to the sporting aspect

Reason i ask is the rankings system and the complete disregard to how the UFC uses them.

i.e undeserved title shots.

Anything else about the UFC make you feel like it is not a true sport? If you vote other please specify why!
You're asking the wrong questions. The UFC is a league, not a sport.

Is MMA a legitimate sport? Yes.

Is the UFC a legitimate sports league like the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL? No. They manipulate rankings and obviously try to protect certain "cash cow" fighters.

They are sport leagues. Don’t be stupid.

UFC = NBA/NFL/MLB
MMA = Basketball, Football, Baseball

UFC is obviously not a sport. It's a organization that brings the sport of MMA to the masses.

UFC/MMA is a prototype for the REAL sport that is to come: Bare Knuckle Fighting.

Feldman Bless.

Back