Poll: Do you consider the UFC to be a legitimate sports league?

Is the UFC a legit sport

• Total voters
A sports league is a group of sports teams that compete against each other in a specific sport.
IFL was a league, PFL is not.
UFC is not a sports league, and it's not a sport. The sport is mma.

Do you consider the UFC to be a legitimate "solo/individual" sport? is that better?

At it’s core, MMA is undoubtedly a sport. How the UFC runs it being a sport league is a little more murky. They definitely prioritize money over merit and the best don’t always fight the best. So in that respect, I’d say UFC is somewhat a legit league, but also has plenty of entertainment elements to it.

I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, but you still fail to give any requirements a sport must fulfill to be considered legit.

I mentioned the rankings and having the best fight the best.

Which doesn't always happen in the UFC..

Does the NFL get to cherry pick who plays for the Stanley Cup? that's the point!

I mentioned the rankings and having the best fight the best.

Which doesn't always happen in the UFC..

Does the NFL get to cherry pick who plays for the Stanley Cup? that's the point!
So running, boxing, swimming, cycling are not real sports? NFL, MLB, and NBA all have a season with a strict system on how you advance to the postseason. The UFC doesn't have a season at all. There is no goal of an off season so your ranking isn't the most important thing when it comes to getting a title shot. The ufc is not a tournament. All that matters is how you fight on any given night. Rankings don't mean shit. If you are ranked 2 and just lost to the champ, should you get priority over the fighter ranked 3rd? No, we take into account the streak they are on, and most importantly the last fight they had.

edit: just noticed you mentioned the NFL picks who plays for the Stanley Cup lol, you win.

So running, boxing, swimming, cycling are not real sports? NFL, MLB, and NBA all have a season with a strict system on how you advance to the postseason. The UFC doesn't have a season at all. There is no goal of an off season so your ranking isn't the most important thing when it comes to getting a title shot. The ufc is not a tournament. All that matters is how you fight on any given night. Rankings don't mean shit. If you are ranked 2 and just lost to the champ, should you get priority over the fighter ranked 3rd? No, we take into account the streak they are on, and most importantly the last fight they had.

edit: just noticed you mentioned the NFL picks who plays for the Stanley Cup lol, you win.

I meant NHL u goof lol

so going off of what you said you voted no then, right?

So u are OK with Brock getting a title shot? Give a few example as to why please.
What does an unconfirmed fight have to do with the legitimacy of mixed martial arts? I don't agree with giving him the title shot but that doesn't suddenly delegitimize the UFC or the sport in general.

What does an unconfirmed fight have to do with the legitimacy of mixed martial arts? I don't agree with giving him the title shot but that doesn't suddenly delegitimize the UFC or the sport in general.

The fight is gonna happen! it doesn't affect the legitimacy of the sport but it does the UFC. imo

Mma is a true sport but 99 percent of promotions out there including the UFC care a LOT about entertainment as well. That’s why they conveniently set matches without giving a fuck about rankings. It happens in other sports like soccer ( world cup, champions league) as well.... but nowhere near as often or evident as in the ufc.

(And it’s getting worse as we speak. They are too obvious nowadays... )

UFC is not a sports league, it's a promotion

MMA is a fake sport because there are no legit belts, no legit rankings
it doesn't even have a universal set of rules lol

The fight is gonna happen! it doesn't affect the legitimacy of the sport but it does the UFC. imo
What about Hendo vs Bisping 2, Stipe vs DC, McGregor vs Alvarez, Bisping vs GSP. All title fights given to people who didn't necessarily earn them. If this fight is enough to delegitimize the UFC, then the UFC hasn't been legitimate for over a decade.

UFC is not a sports league, it's a promotion

MMA is a fake sport because there are no legit belts, no legit rankings
it doesn't even have a universal set of rules lol
Basketball does not have universal set of rules. Baseball does not have a universal set of rules. Football does not have universal set of rules. Please show me what a real sport is.

Basketball does not have universal set of rules. Baseball does not have a universal set of rules. Football does not have universal set of rules. Please show me what a real sport is.

you are confused bro, let me educate you
basketball is the general sport
NBA is the sports league

NBA has a universal set of rules - no matter what state you play or even when they play overseas, the rules are the same. NBA LEGIT SPORTS LEAGUE

UFC has different rules and even different way of scoring the fights in different states of the same country (USA). UFC FAKE SPORT PROMOTION

What about Hendo vs Bisping 2, Stipe vs DC, McGregor vs Alvarez, Bisping vs GSP. All title fights given to people who didn't necessarily earn them. If this fight is enough to delegitimize the UFC, then the UFC hasn't been legitimate for over a decade.

That is why i am confused as to why you voted yes.

you are confused bro, let me educate you
basketball is the general sport
NBA is the sports league

NBA has a universal set of rules - no matter what state you play or even when they play overseas, the rules are the same. NBA LEGIT SPORTS LEAGUE

UFC has different rules and even different way of scoring the fights in different states of the same country (USA). UFC FAKE SPORT PROMOTION
NBA is a league, not a promotion. The promotion promotes the sport, while the rules of engagement are decided by the local governing body. UFC is a real sport promotion. Stop

Back