Police kill Hundreds of Americans each year but don't report over half of them to FBI

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That's roughly 3 people per day. The official FBI report puts the number closer to 400, but they openly admit that local police stations aren't reporting a significant amount of deaths. Many cases reported in the media are missing from the FBI figures. The FBI says at least 550 cases went unreported. That would mean the police have killed roughly 14,000 Americans since 9/11, making it roughly three times the amount of Americans killed in Iraq and more dead than most American wars in history. Another fucked up fact is that crime in the USA is down yet police brutality is rapidly increasing. Reasons people deserve to die include anything from stealing shoes to having hands.

http://time.com/3615896/fbi-police-justifiable-homicide-data/
Hundreds of police killings between 2007 and 2012 weren

Last edited:
I was reading some figures the other day and in the UK in 2013 there were zero people killed by police. In the previous year there were two deaths if I remember correctly.

As far as I understand it, there is no federal requirement for police departments to report homicides by police. That will be changing soon I'd bet.

I was reading some figures the other day and in the UK in 2013 there were zero people killed by police. In the previous year there were two deaths if I remember correctly.

There wasn't any in Vatican City either. What's your point?

We need better reporting but the op makes it sounds like thousands and in 2 or 3 or more in reported and hidden murders by the police a year which is bull shit.

It may well be more 400 for the police and more then 300 for civilians but at best it looks like how they are classified not some big conspiracy.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to study the nature of the killings. Some, of course will be completely justified. But, there are many accounts of deaths by police under questionable circumstances. For example, I've heard of SWAT teams hitting the wrong house and killing someone. Not sure in what proportion those types of incidences are.

Fixed the thread title since Zroc seems incapable of accurately relaying (or perhaps simply of comprehending) the sources he cites.

Fixed the thread title since Zroc seems incapable of accurately relaying (or perhaps simply of comprehending) the sources he cites.

You damn mods always trying to make people tell the truth. What the hell is up with that? Without all these lies we couldn't find ways to call each other zionists, racists, and storm front members.

scuse me? The links blatantly say it's in the thousands? What the hell do you think you're doing?

It would be interesting to study the nature of the killings. Some, of course will be completely justified. But, there are many accounts of deaths by police under questionable circumstances. For example, I've heard of SWAT teams hitting the wrong house and killing someone. Not sure in what proportion those types of incidences are.

Yea I think they should have to report that as an accidental at least and not justified, I would like to see better all around reporting.

We have a violent society. with an over abundance of firearms. I'm not surprised by the actions of some emotionally ruled, mentally ill, thug persona having, off their medication, "gangsta" citizens actions Police officers are forced to kill some of these people when normal police citizen interaction goes awry . Over the July fourth weekend in chicago 2014 like 80 people were shot and 14 killed in a four day stretch.

we glorify and consume violent movies, and video games by the billions. there are even video games that have the main character kill police officers. and you are surprised when police officers have to use deadly force to defend themselves and others?

let me make it plain NO police officer, federal agent or LEO wants wants to shoot someone during their shift. no matter how justified the shooting. the Vast majority of LEO's want to do their eight hours and go home to their children. tbh most cops HATE writing tickets unless people are doing something really stupid like 50 over the limit or drunk.

like I've said in most of these threads over the past few months. If you are a Normal human being with basic home training .basic, manners, the ability to discern basic right from wrong. have basic respect for authority. with the exception of Traffic violations, occasional getting too drunk and stupid in public, and an unpredictable incident of domestic violence/turmoil. one should actually NEVER even have contact with the police.

Read it again spanky.

"Killed by Police had listed more than 1,450 deaths caused by law-enforcement officers since its launch, on May 1, 2013, through Sunday. That works out to about three per day, or 1,100 a year. "

Yea I think they should have to report that as an accidental at least and not justified, I would like to see better all around reporting.

That's not accidental, it's negligence.

Negligence
Conduct that falls below the standards of behavior established by law for the protection of others against unreasonable risk of harm. A person has acted negligently if he or she has departed from the conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances.

let me make it plain NO police officer, federal agent or LEO wants wants to shoot someone during their shift.
Given your very, very strong support for torture I'm guessing I can think of at least one.

This link will explain a lot about how crime is reported:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/nibrs/2011/resources/a-guide-to-understanding-nibrs

Some of it has to do with just plain statistics. Some states like a system that only reports in most serious offense related to an incident because that way it keeps crime stats lower. If they switched to the FBI NIBRS they would have to report them all, which really they shouldn't worry about the transition because it would be explainable. Also funding is an issue for smaller agencies. If you read the article it sounds as if there is a program to get the 300 agencies in the most populous areas plus some others to participate. Most of the larger accredited agencies already participate.

If you are not a football fan, I suggest you turn over to A&E today and watch The First 48 marathon. This is a GREAT show that follows real life homicide stories and the POLICE detectives who work the cases and try to solve the murders. Yes, police departments can work to improve training and how to handle incidents, but unfortunately they sometimes are confronted with situations where they will need to use deadly force.

All deadly force incidents should be investigated, but if you watch this show you will get a picture of where to the largest extent the problem of murders/killings lies in America.

I will be watching football, but will probably flip over some.

http://www.aetv.com/the-first-48

MV5BMTM1NTgwMTA4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI5NjgzMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Agreed the numbers are low, maybe 2015 will be a better year....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back