• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poirier has zero personality.

Will be better for the sport if Conor crushes Poirier
Will be more interesting

Which imo would be awesome.
Since the guy is talented.

But then I am /was a fan of Rich Franklin, Chris Lytle and GSP.
What do I know?
I agree on all parts.

Better that than a clown who ran out of material 4yrs ago and resorts to swearing, yelling and trying to rile the crowd up with lame chants.

He didn't even have to try and he got the best of conor during that press conference.

to be honest, Conor stopped being funny since the Alvarez fight. Against Khabib he was already just annoying and has been like that ever since.

Chael Sonnen is an introvert who can still perform very well for the camera. Poirier just has no charisma at all.

Last edited:
How many other guys could fight McGregor twice, be days away from a 3rd, & still not be a household name?

Everything about the way he talks is awkward. He says he's an introvert, but I think he's just dull. Even now he makes comments about wanting to "fly below the radar". It's ridiculous. Then these guys turn around and complain that the UFC arent paying them enough.

Even if/when he beats McGregor again, it will barely raise his stock. He still wont be able to draw flys on his own. I've never known anything like it.

The personality crew on sherdog should all be IP banned. You guys are embarrassing to read.

I agree but it isn’t just Dustin but 99% of mma fighters today. Nobody has any unique personality or defining fighting style anymore. Everyone is just a dull, jack of all trades generic fighter.

Even mid tier guys like Chris Leben and Diego Sanchez were more interesting and exciting than the top fighters today.

I prefer a guy with no personality but decent than an insecure little man who throws dollys at buses injuring innocent people, assaults older civilians at bars, smashes fan's phones outside of clubs, cheats systematically on his wife, has rape allegations around him, and is ridden with excuses.

As an OG McGregor fan, I think Dustin is pretty damn funny. Especially, when he spoke about pulling up on a bass boat on the JRE podcast. Also, I think Conor is reaching hard trying to be who he used to be.

Unfortunately, I think he loses to Dustin this time around. That really sucks because it was super fun watching the hungry Conor.

well maybe so. he is a relatively boring guy. but I personally like watching him fight. whatcha gonna do
Fedor was the biggest hypejob is history, so yeah.
you’re either a troll, idiot, drama queen, or a teenager. Anyone of those isn’t a good look for you. Stay off sites where MMA fans enjoy talking about MMA, until you actually watch the fights, instead of the press conference. Then come back, or stick with your Kardashian shows.

you’re either a troll, idiot, drama queen, or a teenager. Anyone of those isn’t a good look for you. Stay off sites where MMA fans enjoy talking about MMA, until you actually watch the fights, instead of the press conference. Then come back, or stick with your Kardashian shows.

Compelling argument, hillabilly. Thanks for your input. I respect your opinion.

I prefer Poirier keep it real, as he does, instead of selling wolf tickets. And no, the onus is not on him to market himself - it's on the promoter. He fights, he does the interviews, and the rest is up to UFC/WME.

It's on both of them. You got to give the UFC something to work with. You can't expect the UFC to work magic and make a wallflower into a megastar. Having said that, the UFC could often do a better job.

He has a personality. It’s not a charismatic one. He has lived a different life than most people and he is very guarded. He’s also the best lw in the ufc and he has already starched Conor and the second best (Justin), so get used to him my boy

This ain’t wwe kiddo. If you wanna see drama and storylines this ain’t the place for you. Mma is for ppl who like mma. Clearly you don’t and just need manufactured beef to be interested in this.
Lol at your version of reality. Conor. What were you saying again?

He's literally the top LW in the world besides the champion, has exciting fights, and is a known finisher. If someone can't find a way to promote him without him talking shit on Twitter they should be ashamed of themselves

He's got a hot wife, a family, he's a millionaire and one of the top 3 fighters in his weightclass.

I think its good that hes boring, itl keep him grounded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendster26
Back