• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poirier has zero personality.

It’s easy to recognize the WWE type of fans on these boards. They need the drama even if it’s fake. Instead of actual talented fighters. In fact I even prefer no fans in the building. I don’t need or want the circus. Just good fights. And Poirier always brings a good fight. That’s why I can easily cheer for him at any time. But most especially when he’s fighting a clown like Conor.

Go watch a beauty contest if you want personality...
BlandDismalKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

RemorsefulAdvancedGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

How many other guys could fight McGregor twice, be days away from a 3rd, & still not be a household name?

Everything about the way he talks is awkward. He says he's an introvert, but I think he's just dull. Even now he makes comments about wanting to "fly below the radar". It's ridiculous. Then these guys turn around and complain that the UFC arent paying them enough.

Even if/when he beats McGregor again, it will barely raise his stock. He still wont be able to draw flys on his own. I've never known anything like it.

Are any of Conor's opponents house hold names other than Nate & Khabib? Conor's ability to make his opponents stars is so overblown.

Define "great". Great means you can do it infront of the World when all the pressure is on you.

"Fly below the radar"...fking fool.

Derp derp

A great fighter is... great at fighting and does the "talking" in the cage in front of the world.
There is a saying " talk is cheap".

I guess based on your definition Fedor sucked.
He was not very exciting in press /media settings..

Poirer is probably my least favorite fighter in the ufc, the guy is just a total dooshbag. I never thought it would be possible that Connor was actually the more likable guy in a matchup because hes annoying too.

Derp derp

A great fighter is... great at fighting and does the "talking" in the cage in front of the world.
There is a saying " talk is cheap".

I guess based on your definition Fedor sucked.
He was not very exciting in press /media settings..

Fedor was the biggest hypejob is history, so yeah.

Are any of Conor's opponents house hold names other than Nate & Khabib? Conor's ability to make his opponents stars is so overblown.

So Poirier is the only guy to beat him & not be a household name. This is their THIRD fight ffs.

Fedor was the biggest hypejob is history, so yeah.

aha you are a low level troll got it.
Well congrats I guess, you got people to bite.

I leave it here, I am not interested in trolling around tonight.

It's Jolie who wears the pants at house.

There is a difference between having a personality and being fake

Yes, & Poirier is neither. I'm a father now blah blah, blah. No one gives fcuk dude. I've bet money on him to win but probably wont even watch, condering it'll be 5am my time. He literally gets me unhyped.

So Poirier is the only guy to beat him & not be a household name. This is their THIRD fight ffs.
Two points:

1. You should take a look at Khabib's IG numbers before he fought Conor, his popularity was already growing exponentially, the Conor fight was just the cherry on top and put it into hyperdrive. Conor gets too much credit for Khabib's popularity,

2. There was a 6 year gap between Dustin/Conor's 1st and 2nd fights, so the 2nd fight wasn't building on anything, it was effectively like a 1st fight. The 2nd fight also had a very friendly build up, they acted like they were best buds. Conor's opponents gain popularity when there is a bitter rivalry and animosity. So Conor putting on his lame nice guy act in the second fight is one of the reasons nobody cares about Dustin.

Imagine if being a great fighter was enough.
Not needing to create drama and internet beefs to sell fights.

It's just not the way of the world unfortunately

Imagine if being a great fighter was enough.
Not needing to create drama and internet beefs to sell fights.
it's the entertainment business these people are not curing cancer if you want people to give a shit about your fights they have to first give a shit about you. combat sports differ from other sports in this regard and it's been that way since the beginning. ali was doing these antics all the way back then and that's what people want. combat sports are inherently a freak show. there's no bat or ball or hoops. it's literally a freak show, putting 2 humans in and watching them fight each other. it's a carnival attraction. like the colosseum fights in ancient rome
I prefer Poirier keep it real, as he does, instead of selling wolf tickets. And no, the onus is not on him to market himself - it's on the promoter. He fights, he does the interviews, and the rest is up to UFC/WME.
they can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. they could print all the posters in the world and have you on talk shows, they could spend 2 billion dollars promoting you, but if you're a boring fucker, if you're chicken shit, it's not going to make any difference. yeah ufc could do a little more to promote some guys but they don't have a magic wand. you can't just magically promote boring guys and make them not boring. you want them to overdub his interviews and use CGI? the general public don't give a shit if youre on a 6 fight win streak or whatever. the ufc could promote his accolades and say he's the best fighter ever but nobody cares if the guy himself is uninspiring and has no charisma. that's how the world works. same in any business. nobody cares if you're technically the best guitar player on the planet if you're a boring turd and your songs don't resonate with people. you need some personality

I guess I heard it wrong. The presser sounded like the lame personality guy actually beat the fancy talker. Conor seemed full of excuses and delusional about his loss. He even got rattled when a fan asked him about why anyone should believe a new Conor will show up on Saturday since he hasn't won since Obama was president. Only the drunk casuals were the ones cheering for him.

Back