• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poirier has zero personality.

Yes, & Poirier is neither. I'm a father now blah blah, blah. No one gives fcuk dude. I've bet money on him to win but probably wont even watch, condering it'll be 5am my time. He literally gets me unhyped.
All of Dustin's fights are exciting though. Why would that get you unhyped?

Dustin has a good personality. He's been on Theo Vons podcast a few times and really showed the real Dustin.

Dude this isn’t the wwe only thing that matters is his fighting ability

it's the entertainment business these people are not curing cancer if you want people to give a shit about your fights they have to first give a shit about you. combat sports differ from other sports in this regard and it's been that way since the beginning. ali was doing these antics all the way back then and that's what people want. combat sports are inherently a freak show. there's no bat or ball or hoops. it's literally a freak show, putting 2 humans in and watching them fight each other. it's a carnival attraction. like the colosseum fights in ancient rome

no that's not how it works. they can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. they could print all the posters in the world and have you on talk shows, they could spend 2 billion dollars promoting you, but if you're a boring fucker, if you're chicken shit, it's not going to make any difference. yeah ufc could do a little more to promote some guys but they don't have a magic wand. you can't just magically promote boring guys and make them not boring. you want them to overdub his interviews and use CGI? the general public don't give a shit if youre on a 6 fight win streak or whatever. the ufc could promote his accolades and say he's the best fighter ever but nobody cares if the guy himself is uninspiring and has no charisma. that's how the world works. same in any business. nobody cares if you're technically the best guitar player on the planet if you're a boring turd and your songs don't resonate with people. you need some personality

And yet among fight fans Fedor Anderson and GSP is seen as the goats and people still talk about them daily here.
None of them was great at media / presser.

Look at Colby doing his thing.
Got him no extra viewers or IG followers.
Kamzat passed his social media followers by beating 3 cans in exciting fashion.. Exciting fights > media /social media BS

If you need drama and fake social media beef to get hyped or like a fighter.. well I feel sorry for you.

He checks all the boxes to be a superstar except charisma. He's handsome, violent, well rounded, heart, and tough as they come....

It's kinda hard to know just how big of a name he is at the moment. The first time Conor beat him, Conor wasn't a huge name. The second fight certainly brought Dustin a lot of attention, but he hasn't fought anyone else since for us to see how the PPV numbers do. For all we know, he's a big draw now. We kinda need to wait till he fights someone else before we know how much of a draw he has or has not become.

Conor's personality now: angry underperforming manlet on coke.

Imagine if being a great fighter was enough.
Not needing to create drama and internet beefs to sell fights.
Don't even have to imagine at this point look at the fanbase

Reactions: lsa
Who is @deman

a big personality on these boards?

hmmmm
tenor.gif

Another casual take. Do you guys actually watch the fights? <{hfved}>
How many other guys could fight McGregor twice, be days away from a 3rd, & still not be a household name?

Everything about the way he talks is awkward. He says he's an introvert, but I think he's just dull. Even now he makes comments about wanting to "fly below the radar". It's ridiculous. Then these guys turn around and complain that the UFC arent paying them enough.

Even if/when he beats McGregor again, it will barely raise his stock. He still wont be able to draw flys on his own. I've never known anything like it.

It does come across as whiny to complain about fight week or hyping fights or w/e, at least for the guys who are getting paid.

ts must be thinking manny pacman is boring too

TS is an emotionally unstable cuck who needs people to treat him like his mother does and dress in clown suites so that he can be stimulated and happy in life.

blue-clown-neck-ruffle.jpg

Back