Poirier’s similarities to Bisping

I mean Bisping did beat Anderson Silva. Albeit a washed and older Silva but he still beat the so called “GOAT” of the division.
so called "GOAT" of the division?? Who else is even close?

That's the easy part. The hard part is finding a 46 year old legendary fighter who is barely in the top 15 to defend against. Surprisingly enough BJ Penn is only 42 years old.
Not really comparable, since Bisping was also way past his prime, so it was a decent matchup.

I like Dustin, but it is a bit hard to compare with a guy that won the title and defended it. Dustin had one try and missed.

Poirier can beat anyone in his division not named Beeb.

Ping as champ ducked any and all contenders and almost got finished by geriatric Hendo. Then, he was handily dispatched by a retired WW with a bad case of bubble guts.

Poirier can beat anyone in his division not named Beeb.

Ping as champ ducked any and all contenders and almost got finished by geriatric Hendo. Then, he was handily dispatched by a retired WW with a bad case of bubble guts.
I don’t think he can beat Conor

I don’t think he can beat Conor

It’s possible that Conor just has Dustin’s number. But you must consider that their last fight was at FW when Conor was at the top of his game. Drugs, lawsuits, and waning motivation have taken their toll on Conor, and it’s pretty obvious that him and Dustin are at different points in their careers. MJ KO notwithstanding, Dustin ran through LW and is poised to be the next champ.

Simliarity: Semi well-rounder without offensive grappling

Difference: Bisping is a former champ which Dustin will never be.

?

XZd88Qn.jpg

It's okay to be dumb. We need people like you in this world.
You’re the guy harping on other threads when it’s not relevant. Let me tell you that even though you disagree with someone, doesn’t make them a bad person! You have a toxic mentality

There are obviously many comparisons one can draw between Poirier and Bisping. But one I just thought of... Luke Rockhold had easily finished Bisping a couple years before they rematched... same deal with Conor easily putting away Poirier years ago by now. What if Poirier has the ultimate Rocky Balboa journeyman type redemption story on January 23rd?
Zero similarities but I read a few years ago Bisbing was worth 11 mil. I hope Dustin exceeds him there some day because he exceeds him in every other area already.

To think that counted is so stupid lol. Dustin only got that fake belt because Khabib flew, soared like an eagle
lol, I remember you, a nuthugger crying about "Beef is the fighter of the year 2020" crap. Can't even write down anything without your idiol, huh?

lol, I remember you, a nuthugger crying about "Beef is the fighter of the year 2020" crap. Can't even write down anything without your idiol, huh?
You have a double yellow card. Your opinions are invalid

I wish Bisping was there on the commentary team for the event, would have made it poetic in some way.

Back