Poatan is slightly overrated

I am a very rabid and toxic fan; I am foaming at the mouth and biting anyone who doesn't say Alex is the GOAT.
Do it!

I mean what even is this thread.

Who cares if some fans think he can be the HW champ. I wouldnt be surprised if he does it. That left hand is lethal,and Jones absolutley sucks.

Imagine layin awake at night going "omg Poatan fans think he can do these things but NUH UHHHHHH"

Imagine even caring about fans to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he works on his wrestling, I would like to see him fight Jones. Standup wise, he is the only one who can beat him at the moment.

If he works on his wrestling, I would like to see him fight Jones. Standup wise, he is the only one who can beat him at the moment.
Aspinall too

I hope im not being too rabid and toxic by saying that. There may be a thread addressing that,SHIT!

Even if we include Pride and other major org acheivements? .

You know maybe with the 2 belts he'd get in without a single other win. Zuffa can be stupid like that. But I don't think thats fair or hes a HOFer with 6 wins cause he got so insanely lucky with timing. And thats why he has 2 belts.
Just look at the current list. No offense to Bas but he did dog shit in the UFC. Majority of his career is in Pancrase. He had two fights in the UFC and he won the title with one of the oddest decisions. There are others with 7 fights or less in the HOF. I completely understand what you are saying about timing and opportunity but it doesn't change the HOF selection.

Alex isn't ending his career with 7 fights. He is pretty much going to be a shoe in. It's just the criteria is really low. Just look at the list of champions and who they took in for the HOF. They are just going down a list and skipping certain folks they don't like. Take HWs for example, someone like Bork with 4 wins in the UFC is going to get in too. He is going to come after someone like Mir or AA gets in. I believe they might skip Big Tim, Barnett and Rico.

What I’m about to say is gonna get a lot of you fan boys mad, but I think I need to say this, Periera is starting to get overrated. And his fan base is starting to get malignant. People are out here saying that Periera can beat Aspinall. That he can beat Jones, that he is the favorite against Magomed. Some people even said he is the best boxer in the UFC. They discredit the second Izzy fight as a fluke but count the first one even though Periera was down on rounds until that 5th round. Periera gets special treatment, saying he deserves a HW title shot, even though it makes no sense. His fans are rabid and toxic and attack anyone who thinks another LHW can beat him. This guy is getting worshipped, and no is pointing this out.

Periera is a cool dude though.

Wears the LHW gold title belt = overrated

says the LHW champ is overrated = questionable IQ

Lock thread, Ban OP
Making a thread about fans is just about the lamest thing you can do.

Like if you dont think he can be the HW champ,put your balls on the table and just say that.

Making a thread about toxic fans shows your GOTTEN TO

you cant ever admit Gottento-ism

There's not enough time for him to improve to that level. Regardless, Pereira is a bad motherfucker and has accomplished a lot in a small amount of time. I am of the mind that Jones and Aspinall would both beat him and favor Ankalaev to do the same. It still doesn't lessen what he's done over two sports and I'll always tune into his fights.

Why u guys taking the bait of this scrub trolo 2024 account ? Lol

What I’m about to say is gonna get a lot of you fan boys mad, but I think I need to say this, Periera is starting to get overrated. And his fan base is starting to get malignant. People are out here saying that Periera can beat Aspinall. That he can beat Jones, that he is the favorite against Magomed. Some people even said he is the best boxer in the UFC. They discredit the second Izzy fight as a fluke but count the first one even though Periera was down on rounds until that 5th round. Periera gets special treatment, saying he deserves a HW title shot, even though it makes no sense. His fans are rabid and toxic and attack anyone who thinks another LHW can beat him. This guy is getting worshipped, and no is pointing this out.

Periera is a cool dude though.
White belts shouldn't be able to make threads sir.

hes a fan favorite
been gifted easy fights
i havent seen him fight a relentless wrestler who knows how to strike

people here believe he can
but the percentage of him winning against jones or tom is like 5 percent lmao

jon jones would strangle him real quick and it aint even close
delusional fanboys would disagree

He hasn't fought great grapplers but he has not been gifted easy fights at all. He has fought Strickland, Adesanya (2x), Blachowicz, and Jiri. That is an extremely difficult 5 straight fights. And he won 4 of them, including 2 championship victories. He deserves his respect, but I think super fans of his that think he would beat elite heavyweights are crazy.

Reactions: HHJ
Well hes not undefeated. Matter of fact he was never undefeated started his career 0-1. Broke Lesnars record for most inexperienced champion in MMA history.

WTF? No he didn’t. Brock was interim champ in his 4th mma fight (3rd in UFC), undisputed champ in his 5th.

Alex won the title in his 8th mma fight (4th UFC). There’s been a ton of champs with 4 or less fights in the UFC.

I think he's rated about right with most here. I haven't heard anyone calling him GOAT or invincible.

Most agree that great wrestlers will likely give him heaps of problems.

But the guy literally has beaten an impressive list of folks in his short run, and won the strap in two divisions, on top of his decorated kickboxing resume.

He's very, very good as a striker, and so far has done well in MMA.
To be hoenst i think people perhaps overplay the wrestlign aspect, sub grappling he's pretty rudimentary in but his wrestling actually seems pretty decent to me.

A lot of other guys in the higher weight classes I think have similar or worse weakness that get overlooked more because there not viewed as johnny come lately kickboxers.

Gane has been in MMA far longer for example but I think is a worse wrestler than Alex P4P.

Back