• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please don't run back Jan/Glover

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I hope that the UFC isn't considering it. Dana likes to rematch popular fighters when they lose their belt. Jan got mauled and then subbed. No controversy.
They are both "nice guys " and popular , but LHW needs to move forward
Rakic vs Jiri for title shot.

That was a very sad looking fight. Two old men. Very uncoordinated.

Jan gave up like a huge wuss

i actually wouldnt mind this because its a good fight. i dont think glover always blows through him. i think jiri is the only other intriguing title challenger and hes extremely chinny so idk how far he will go. so why not run glover jan again and maybe they even go for a trilogy in the mean time jiri becomes established in the ufc more then they make that fight.
jiri comes in like a chandler or a justin gathje . a champion from another big org coming over so he will move along the division quicker so even though Rakic has been in the ufc longer i dont think he should be near a title shot at all but it makes sense that jiri is

There is a zero percent chance they will do a rematch. Prochazka is next.
I said that about the usman masvidal fight too unfortunately. And volk Vs Holloway. And DC vs stipe. You know now that I think of it, the less warranted the rematch is, the more likely it is to happen, imo.

I feel like they both won huge !!

Money wise ..

+750 for a Submission win from Glover

No chance. They are going to push Jiri hard. Very marketable look and style.

I don't think UFC want that rematch right now. This was kind of a bust. The social media numbers were trailing to almost every other fight on the card and there's no real heat between the two. Plus, they'll probably meet again down the line anyway.

Don't worry I really can't see this rematch happening.

Jan lost in embarrassing fashion and wasn't an established champion to begin with.

Glover vs Jiri
Rakic vs Ankalaev
Jan vs Smith
Costa vs Santos
Volkan vs Krylov
Walker vs Jacoby
Cutelaba vs Spann

I said that about the usman masvidal fight too unfortunately. And volk Vs Holloway. And DC vs stipe. You know now that I think of it, the less warranted the rematch is, the more likely it is to happen, imo.

Why would say that about Max Holloway ? Popular and dominant champ losing a decision to a less popular fighter, with no clear #1 contender, that's the definition of a rematch to me. I'm genuily curious about what you thought at the time.

The UFC would love to have Jiri as champ, he is exciting, funny and he beat the LHW Bellator Champ, i don't see why they would want to give Jan another chance

That was a cute little fight, but Jiri's the uncrowned champ in a division left dead in the water by Jones.

Why would say that about Max Holloway ? Popular and dominant champ losing a decision to a less popular fighter, with no clear #1 contender, that's the definition of a rematch to me. I'm genuily curious about what you thought at the time.

The UFC would love to have Jiri as champ, he is exciting, funny and he beat the LHW Bellator Champ, i don't see why they would want to give Jan another chance
I thought it was a decisive victory for volk and I would have rather watched him coming off a win for a rematch with volk. Imagine the hype after Holloway stuffed Kattar or a yair. Would have been much better

Back