Please Critique My Deadlift Form

The last vid isn't playin.

Go to my log and I've posted the external link to it. Sorry for trouble.

Now it's there. When I went to go post the link in my log is when Sherdog decided to crap out for a second...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wish my squat was as good as my deadlift :redface:. Once I get my body to LEAN BACK I'll be doing good.

hmm You can probably lift alot more.. your face isnt red enough :)

You are lifting in 2 motions, one where you stand up, then when your back straightens out. Since you've put 185lbs on the bar you're not going to see this hurt you until it gets heavy.

Get your chest up a bit more, lock in your lats and pull back as you pull up. It needs to be one fluid motion, not part (a) where the hips come up and part (b) where your upper body starts to come up.

Put at least 225 or 245 on the bar and try again. Then do a set where you have near your 1RM weight on the bar since that's where all your flaws come out (for everyone :wink:) and watch that video.

You also look like your on your toes, get on your heels more, and tighter through your back all around.

You are lifting in 2 motions, one where you stand up, then when your back straightens out. Since you've put 185lbs on the bar you're not going to see this hurt you until it gets heavy.

Get your chest up a bit more, lock in your lats and pull back as you pull up. It needs to be one fluid motion, not part (a) where the hips come up and part (b) where your upper body starts to come up.

Put at least 225 or 245 on the bar and try again. Then do a set where you have near your 1RM weight on the bar since that's where all your flaws come out (for everyone :wink:) and watch that video.

You also look like your on your toes, get on your heels more, and tighter through your back all around.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've heard descriptions of the deadlift in which what you are describing as wrong is described as correct. It makes sense because trying to extend the hips and change the angle of the back, before the bar has cleared the knee is going to pull the bar into your shins, which is a waste of energy.

Back