Plantar Warts (HPV) - Prevention and Treatment (Grapplers)

Well hell... I had no idea. So doctors of sherdog - Is this a plantar's wart. I thought it was a callous. It's been the same size for a very long time and doesn't hurt so I've never bothered to remove it. It's barely noticeable.

PhotoMar1880251PM.jpg

It could be. The way to tell is that a plantar wart interrupts the grains of your skin, whereas a corn or callous would still show the lines.

Hmm, I have what I thought was a big callus on the side of my big toe. It is basically just like a mountain of what feels like leather sticking off the side of my toe.

It isn't the least bit painful though, it's just skin.

Well hell... I had no idea. So doctors of sherdog - Is this a plantar's wart. I thought it was a callous. It's been the same size for a very long time and doesn't hurt so I've never bothered to remove it. It's barely noticeable.

PhotoMar1880251PM.jpg

Yep - its a small one.

It could be. The way to tell is that a plantar wart interrupts the grains of your skin, whereas a corn or callous would still show the lines.

It's a little small to tell, but I think it does interrupt the "grain".

Yep - its a small one.

Well crap! This is disgusting... needs to go now!

Thanks for the info session and the advice guys.

Yep - its a small one.

Awesome tip for anyone who gets a wart or a plantars wart. One really effective way to kill them is feezing them.

The Dr Scholls freeze away is crazy expensive at 20$ for essentially just providing cold liquid on a cotton swab.

So make your own dr. scholls (Disclaimer: warning you're taking directions from an idiot on the internet, you shouldn't do this at all or listen to me)

Anyway take a can of compressed air. As many of you know if you hold them upside down they expel an extremely cold liquid, cold enough to give you frostbite on contact.

Spray that liquid very gently onto a q-tip and then press the qtip against your wart.
The goal is to create a controlled frostbite on the wart so it will die and fall off.
It usually takes about 10-30 seconds of holding the qtip on there to get the desired effect. The skin will turn white.

I did this twice and each time 2 days later I peeled off large portions of the wart. It worked amazingly well after using duct tape and salicylic acid for weeks with little effect.

I'm gonna try the wart removal gel first, but if that doesn't work - I'll get the sucker the next time I have LN2 available.

I dont mean to bump this but i thought i post this here instead of starting a new thread.

I just recently caught this. It sucks cause this is like the 3rd or 4th time and Im hygiene freak.

My most recent one has to be from my own slippers as I would use them after training to shower but would throw them in a plastic bag then throw it in my bag to only use it again (sometimes it will still be moist).

Whatever you do, don't google image search plantar warts. Shudder.

I dont mean to bump this but i thought i post this here instead of starting a new thread.

I just recently caught this. It sucks cause this is like the 3rd or 4th time and Im hygiene freak.

My most recent one has to be from my own slippers as I would use them after training to shower but would throw them in a plastic bag then throw it in my bag to only use it again (sometimes it will still be moist).

See my reply in your other post

I got thwm from karate as a teenager. On the bottom of my big toe and hurt like hell.

Dermatologist froze it off. It was weird, it came off a week later all at once. It still hurt like hell and looked the same so I said fuck I'm just gonna cut it out myself.

Took a sharp knife with a good point and started to cut it out. And the weirdest thing happened. It just came out like a plug, and fresh pink skin was under it. Just a normal toe, and the pain was conpletely gone instantly

Another good tip from a dermatologist is to buy a thick diabetic insole and make holes in it where the warts are. It has to be worn inside your shoe all the time. What it does it distributes your weight around the warts as you walk, thereby preventing the virus from being constantly pushed into deeper layers of the skin. To create holes in the right spots, use a marker pen on your warts and then step firmly onto the insole to transfer the ink.

Also, there is a thing called skin immunity. Some people have weaker skin immunity (not related with general immunity, and not related with hygiene) which makes them more susceptible to warts.

Cattle or sheep farmers will often use metal salt baths, such as zinc sulfate or copper sulfate, to remove prions such as mad cow disease from the hooves of their livestock. Such are also the key ingredients in many viral cold sore treatments.

Iodine salts, such as Lugol's solution or decolorized iodine, preform in similar fashion. These can also be found in most pharmacies too.

It is generally most effective to combine topical application with internal supplementation. The body itself uses zinc ions as the 'business end' of it's pathogen killing proteins, electro-chemicaly denaturing the molecules they attach too. It is important to make sure you are using nutrient forms that can be easily metabolized by the body however. Zinc oxide, for instance, is a stable and unreactive molecule, and hence has low bio-activity (It makes for good natural sunscreen however, and paraben free creams with high concentrations of ZiO can be used for general skin health purposes).

Most 'natural' acid ionic salt forms, such as citrate, malate, fumarate, succinate, or alpha-ketoglutarate, can be easily metabolized. Common forms of zinc which are effective which you may likely find can be zinc citrate, zinc gluconate, or zinc ascorbate. Lithium and Iodine are other micro-nutrients that have effect on immune function that most people tend to be deficient in. I personally also supplement with lithium orotate and kelp form iodine tablets (potassium iodide is another viable source, though of course generally 'food source' nutrient forms are best, since that is what your body has evolved to process).

Anyone who has done research into treatments for sores, warts, cankers, or et cetera, will be likely to have seen this or that herb touted as anti-viral. Not for no reason; in fact, pretty much *any* plant will have anti-viral effects to one degree or another. This is only natural, since vegital species of life have been around a lot longer than animal species, and any family of plants that had not evolved methods of resisting viral attack would have died out long ago.

Which is not to say that some are not more hazardous to certain virii relative to other examples though; garlic or rosemary for instance (extract of which is a commonly used preservative in 'all natural' food products).

There are plenty of things out there that are pretty much fool-proof methods of denaturing any sort of complex replicatory organism in the broad-spectrum, regardless of it's construction. Oxidizers based on chlorine or peroxides (bleaches), for instance. The difficulty of course, is that this also means they effective for un-aliving humaniform organisms too, which largely limits their application to topical surfaces in a limited area. They also do not penetrate very deeply, so it is best used to preemptively catch any dangerous pathogens on the skin, before they can spread under the surface (in which case, more finicky criteria for substances that must both, penetrate into tissue, while not also harming the host, are mandated).

Another thing is that many of the infections that we can find most troubling to treat, such as methicillin resistant staphylococcus, are of course specifically adapted to the conditions you find them in. Namely, places with liberal (and perhaps improper) use of anti-biotics, such as hospitals, or athletic facilities. The pertinent thing is, you don't really find these strains 'out in the wild'. Why? Because the careless use of anti-biotics kills all their competition, meaning hence, that they are adapted more towards the biggest factors of their 'natural environment' (namely, anti-biotics and human immune systems), and less towards competition with other bacteria.

This is pertinent to a personal anecdotal story; there was once a fairly long period where on my wrist there was a sort of rash about the size of a quarter, that looked superficially to be something like psoriasis. It did not really inch or feel painful at all, but it never really went away either, which was mildly disturbing. Some of the treatments described above were methods i utilized, such as dabbing with a copper sulfate solution or decolorized iodine. These were effective in causing open sores to scab over and inducing the overall rash to recede and go into remission, but it still persisted never the less. I went through some stretches of time every now and then with no treatments to see if that was an effect, but no real differences or changes made themselves apparent.

A more permanent solution was something i actually discovered partially by accident almost. The roles one's bodies' 'native flora' play in the processes of life is still being explored (for instance, in most organisms, a great deal of the digestive process is infact performed by symbiotic bacteria in the alimentary canal). The idea of 'probiotic' bactera though, bacteria that are more benign or noninfectious to humans, yet aggressively competitive with other microbial organisms, is becoming better understood wrt to skin health. In accordance with that, i had taken to using the pickling juice of saurkraut or fermented pickles (ie, non-vinegar based [Bubbies was the particular brand]) as a rinse after washing hands to reform a higher performance 'shield' after previously stripping off all microbiota, good or bad. Anecdotally i can say this contributed to a much more protracted feeling of 'cleanliness' that could persist even after a few days from initial application without washing, where before itchiness or 'grody' feeling could become apparent even after a few hours of working outside the house, but that is not really relevant to this story.

Was was interesting i found, was that a few weeks after starting this practice, i suddenly noticed that the perennially persistent rash spot that i had started to wonder if more drastic measures were required, had receded dramatically; redness disappearing and sores exhuming. And unlike any time before, the trend actually continued, until it essentially disappeared completely, with no sign there had ever been anything there besides a patch of fine hairs missing.

Last edited:
Also, there is a thing called skin immunity. Some people have weaker skin immunity (not related with general immunity, and not related with hygiene) which makes them more susceptible to warts.

How does one improve skin immunity?

I had one for about 10 years, just went away after a while. But I also used to cut into it with a knife because I'm a lunatic, like I'd trip down as far as I could without blood.

Is this stuff for life?

As in it may flare up again even after getting rid of it?

Did you read my post in your other thread?? It answers your questions.

My understanding is it comepletely gos away from ur system after a year or 2?

My understanding is it comepletely gos away from ur system after a year or 2?

You can treat it with over the counter medications but if you eat right, exercise and have good hygiene it should go away eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back