Place to buy the heaviest manliest sledgehammer

Andy Rickert

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
What is the heaviest sledgehammer that you guys have seen on the rack at a store? I want something that could double as a medieval weapon. Home depot doesn't quite seem to carry these.

What is the heaviest sledgehammer that you guys have seen on the rack a store? I want something that could double as a medieval weapon. Home depot doesn't quite seem to carry these.

Sears has them on sale!

I really wish I had not missed the sears thread, but Im going to steal one anyways

What is the heaviest sledgehammer that you guys have seen on the rack at a store? I want something that could double as a medieval weapon. Home depot doesn't quite seem to carry these.

What would really kill is to go to a ****l scrapyard, or ****l dealer, and buy some 4"-6" round stock, about 12" long and make your own sledge. Drill a hole for a handle and its Paul Bunyan time baby!

Menards had 10 lb sledge hammers
Lowes had 12 lb sledge hammers
Home Depot had 16 lb sledge hammers

20 lb sledge hammers can be found

I got a 16 lb with a fiberglass handle from Home Depot for $40. They don't have them on their website though.

I'm 240 lbs and swinging a 16 lb is a lot of work for me, too heavy for good cardio really.

Home Depot near me sells them up to 20#.

As far as the middle age weapon thing. Weapons were generally no more than 4# for 1-handed and 8# for 2 handed, as this was the generally accepted weight that a someone would be able to weild effectively for an entire day.

Ya.... my 16 lb just nicked my shin and it about floored me. It bends bolts with 1/2 inch steel rods with just a slight tap.

I wonder how much easier it would be to postwhore now that everyone has the same av. You could make probably 30 posts in a row before anyone noticed that they were all by you.

I wonder how much easier it would be to postwhore now that everyone has the same av. You could make probably 30 posts in a row before anyone noticed that they were all by you.

Nut earlier thought we were all one person- "Gee that Aussie Carriage guy sure is being hard on that white belt."

holy dear mother of christ.

Place has pretty good prices on 45# olympic plates btw

Back