Crime Pittsburgh PA... The Purge is between 3am-7am every day.

Are there like snipers or something that frequently target random people in Pittsburgh? If not, wouldn’t randomly running erratically draw more attention, not less?

The only time you run straight is when an alligator is chasing you because even though they are faster than you, they give up after ten feet. If Rickon Stark had zigged and zagged, he would still be alive.

Pittsburgh is fine in most areas. It has some absolute shit areas and apparently they have a contingency of antifa somewhere in there, but I haven’t seen any yet.

Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. Downtown Pittsburgh is pretty dead after 7PM, especially on weekdays. There isn't a ton of stuff downtown outside of business hours, a lot of it revolves around businesses. Almost everything is closed by 9pm. I am down there pretty frequently and was recently down there well after 7pm and outside of the few homeless people, it was dead.

Seriously? It was obviously a joke. I am there pretty frequently as well. We have our fav Thai restaurant in squirrel hill, end up on walnut street for some gelato. Went to the picklesburg fair but it sucked. Had the worst drink of my life, a pickle negroni.

Seriously? It was obviously a joke. I am there pretty frequently as well. We have our fav Thai restaurant in squirrel hill, end up on walnut street for some gelato. Went to the picklesburg fair but it sucked. Had the worst drink of my life, a pickle negroni.
Fair enough, my sarcasm detector must not be functioning today.

Yeah picklesburgh looked pretty bad from the pics I saw, wall to wall with people probably sitting in lines the entire time.

Didn't a grand jury a couple of years ago find that the police chief in Pittsburgh interfered in the investigations of police related shootings.

Hahahaha....

So fucking what?

Fair enough, my sarcasm detector must not be functioning today.

Yeah picklesburgh looked pretty bad from the pics I saw, wall to wall with people probably sitting in lines the entire time.

Lines were bad. I had some pickle bread which was pretty awesome, but the lines were too long for anything else.

We have been to a bunch of the museum after darks. My wife had a student that ended up organizing those events. One time, we got the backstage pass treatment. Got to see the animal collection and I had my nose damn near ripped off my a kinkojou (South American raccoon relative) when I made kissy noises at it and it hit me with teh jab with razor claws. We couldn’t get the needling to stop and I probably needed stitches. We actually had to leave it was bleeding so bad plus we didn’t want the girl to get into any trouble, but how can you expect some idiot to lean in that close to a dangerous animal(she doesn’t know me that well). She came over to our house one time when we were raising a baby sloth and this was her way of paying us back.

You mean something like a pandemic, and not having a class of police recruits for two years.

Wow... another example of Shit Covid Policies by Blue Politicians

Amazing...

And no... that's not why. Why would police want to work in garbage cities where City Officials don't pay and don't support them. Where they can go to neighborhoods with higher pay and people appreciate their service.

#DefundThePolice

Pittsburgh police officers set resignations record​

Forty-five officers have resigned so far.

That number does not include retirements.

The resignations are taking place during a year when the administration gave officers a big pay raise in hopes of keeping them from leaving.

“Forty-five of them at one time in this term, that’s sad. It’s disturbing,” executive director of the Pittsburgh Citizen Police Review Board Beth Pittinger said.

Pittinger believes the high number of resignations is a sign of a much deeper problem, especially since the big pay raise officer got earlier this year.

“That tells me we have a real serious morale problem, and I’m not sure what’s influencing all that because they did end up with a very good contract,” Pittinger said.

Pittinger suggested changes implemented by the chief, including controversial new starting times that some officers contend aren’t conducive to work-life balance, may be leading to the departures.

In addition to the 45 resignations, 26 officers have retired this year, one died and 23 are set to retire soon for a total of 95 departures.

With only 46 recruits in two academy classes this year, resignations and retirements continue to outpace hirings.

In a statement to 11 Investigates, Pittsburgh Police Union President Bob Swartzwelder, who’s sounded the staffing alarm for years, said “….as long as its non-competitive salary and benefits package continues, the city police numbers will continue to dwindle to an unsustainable level, resulting in business and citizens leaving the city.”

Swartzwelder has said some officers are leaving for higher-paying and less stressful jobs at suburban departments, where they can expect to start with six-figure salaries.

The city budgeted for 850 officers next year but only has 770 right now, down from more than 1,000 just five years ago, under the Peduto administration.

Kail-Smith said she would like to hear from the officers who are leaving to see if anything can be done to convince them to stay.

“We need to find out why that is, and what we can do to change it,” said Kail Smith.

Is anyone able to confirm if theft really counts as the call center. I watched the video of them announcing the change and said in-process events would still lead to someone being dispatched. I see Twitter posts saying theft is the call center but can’t find from the police that’s the case.

@Lead whats your address and do you have anything worth stealing?
What’s funny is I was reading about this last night and was like “this is going to show up in the WR”.

Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. Downtown Pittsburgh is pretty dead after 7PM, especially on weekdays. There isn't a ton of stuff downtown outside of business hours, a lot of it revolves around businesses. Almost everything is closed by 9pm. I am down there pretty frequently and was recently down there well after 7pm and outside of the few homeless people, it was dead.
Agreed. Downtown isn’t where any nightlife is.

Back