• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Pitbull Attack thread

p>

giphy.gif

p>

based on how they described the demeanor of the dogs(supposedly sweethearts), I've seen perfectly nice dogs attack their owner in a frenzy when their owner was in a fight(other humans, dogs etc..)

i would not be surprised if they attacked their owner after the owner or one of the dogs was attacked by an animal

I had a cat that attacked me during a bout of food poisoning while I had the cold shakes.

I think it would be interesting if somebody conducted a study to determine what traits pitbull owners possess that attract them to the most dangerous dog breed. From what I've seen, there are two distinct groups. One group that loves how dangerous and badass they are, and another group that feels like they are just misunderstood and their heart bleeds for the plight of the breed.

Both equally annoying.

Yes there has only ever been one instance where a lab has attacked a person
giphy.gif

In Ontario

Out of curiosity do you know what this means and how it affects statistics much like the one you provided?

I would also like to point out two things
1) im not absolving pitbulls of their wrong doings
2) You are obviously absolving labs of attacking. YOU are the problem.

Where did I say labs didn’t bite? You just made that up.

I said their attacks are a vast, vast majority of the time inconsequential. Dogs bite, most breds nip as a warning and leave it at that and you clean it up and life goes on.

Pits have chewed hundreds and hundreds of people to death in just the last decade. Why you are so obsessed with relating these two subjects when pretty much everything about them including the aftermath is completely different is beyond me. What is your point?

You realize when you are a kid it doesn't matter right?

And please tell me you aren't actually turning a blind eye to labs biting because they aren't as dangerous as larger more powerful breeds. They are more abundant and you have more of a chance to encounter them, how the hell does that not matter?
Yeah it does matter when you are a kid, a lab attack and you have a story to tell, a pitbull attack and someone else has a sad story to tell when they reminisce.

Yeah it does matter when you are a kid, a lab attack and you have a story to tell, a pitbull attack and someone else has a sad story to tell when they reminisce.
Um yea and a pitbull attack is another sensationalized story to report while the lab attack is a non-issue according to @shockaholic12

Where did I say labs didn’t bite? You just made that up.

I said their attacks are a vast, vast majority of the time inconsequential. Dogs bite, most breds nip as a warning and leave it at that and you clean it up and life goes on.

Pits have chewed hundreds and hundreds of people to death in just the last decade. Why you are so obsessed with relating these two subjects when pretty much everything about them including the aftermath is completely different is beyond me. What is your point?
Jesus Christ you are dense.

Divide those stats by 4 breeds. In Canada the definition is ridiculous because they confuse the American Bully with the American pit bull

but in America its split between
1)The American Staffordshire bull terrier
2) Pitbull Terrier
3) Staffordshire Bull Terrier
4) The American Bully

254 ÷ 4 = 63.5 each. Obviously one of them contributes more than the other but that completely escapes you because you are too stupid to let this sink in.

Most of the victims are children and it makes no fucking difference what attacks them unless it's a freaking poodle or some other small dog. You are essentially saying it's ok that one dog bites because it cannot kill, which is something you are pulling out of your ass and is an incredibly stupid statement to make. You can either understand the statistics you are regurgitating or you cannot.

Banning breeds is ineffective, get over it.

Btw you have nothing to back up this claim and it's an absurd one at that. Idiots like you are the types that should not be around dogs.

Btw you have nothing to back up this claim and it's an absurd one at that. Idiots like you are the types that should not be around dogs.

You are spazzing out bud.

News flash, records are kept of dog attacks that maim or kill. Even if you split the pit breed into your four catergories that’s a 64 to 0 fatal attack ratio pits to labs .... in only the last decade.

You are calling an inconsequential lab bite and a pit ripping a human to shreds and killing them both “attacks” when they are worlds apart. You have zero context to your argument. It’s like comparing a schoolyard fight to shooting and arguing we can’t absolve the school kids from their attacks.

Pits don’t belong as pets. It’s pathetic that adults get so emotional about them.

Your chart, the one YOU quoted, shows that selective banning of the pit bull breed reduced it from the #2 most common biter in 2004 to somewhere down below the Golden Retriever in 2014.

That is the very definition of effective.
The overall population has gone down to near non-existence. If the aim was to erase them out of existence than no shit it has gone down. We could have easily done the same, if not better by banning the German shepard.

Instead overall bites have gone up

https://globalnews.ca/news/2527882/...ne-so-why-are-there-more-dog-bites-than-ever/

There is the article it came from.

Overall dog attacks in 2004 (Right as the ban happened)
-pitbull population:1,411
-pitbull population:423

There are more dog bites now then ever before. The very definition of failure.

Would like to compare the number of fatalities by breed.

12-year-u.s.-dog-bite-statistics-.jpg

Fake-graph news imo.

Pitbulls cover a million breeds apparently, therefore, there can be no accountability for breeding walking killing machines.

Everyone is on their own!

Just hope your grandma has her pepperspray, stun gun, and a boot knife hidden away in her walker encase the dogs-of-war decide to play chow down on the octogenarian.

You are spazzing out bud.

News flash, records are kept of dog attacks that maim or kill. Even if you split the pit breed into your four catergories that’s a 64 to 0 fatal attack ratio pits to labs .... in only the last decade.

You are calling an inconsequential lab bite and a pit ripping a human to shreds and killing them both “attacks” when they are worlds apart. You have zero context to your argument. It’s like comparing a schoolyard fight to shooting and arguing we can’t absolve the school kids from their attacks.

Pits don’t belong as pets. It’s pathetic that adults get so emotional about them.
Dude are you stupid?

No one is saying the lab is more capable of killing then the pitbull or any other large and powerful breed but they have killed and do attack and when you are talking children it doesn't fucking matter what does it.

No bite is inconsequential you fucking dolt and that logic is what gets people mangled.

Labradors are the worst dogs for biting and responsible for the highest number of personal injury claims

You are probably the most annoying type of poster in these threads. Im not even a pitbull apologist and you have zero knowledge on the subject beyond what you see on TV There are tons of dogs a lot more capable than the pitbull and you are simply absolving them as well as the shitty owners that they are assigned because of this.

Wait, did I see that correctly? Goochland County? Is that near taintsville? Or is it closer to Grundleton? I am pretty sure it is right around the corner from Brownsville, which is famous for its cul de SAC. What an odd name for a county, it taint normal!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=powder

Wait, did I see that correctly? Goochland County? Is that near taintsville? Or is it closer to Grundleton? I am pretty sure it is right around the corner from Brownsville, which is famous for its cul de SAC. What an odd name for a county, it taint normal!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=powder

Look, I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but that is best comment of the year material!

I think it would be interesting if somebody conducted a study to determine what traits pitbull owners possess that attract them to the most dangerous dog breed. From what I've seen, there are two distinct groups. One group that loves how dangerous and badass they are, and another group that feels like they are just misunderstood and their heart bleeds for the plight of the breed.

I've seen pitbulls be the sweetest dogs ever. I've also seen little maltese poodles be the sweetest dogs ever.

And then I've seen a maltese poodle bite someone's ankle when they walk by too fast. And I've seen a pitbull try to do the same. The results aren't the same.

The overall population has gone down to near non-existence. If the aim was to erase them out of existence than no shit it has gone down. We could have easily done the same, if not better by banning the German shepard.

Instead overall bites have gone up

https://globalnews.ca/news/2527882/...ne-so-why-are-there-more-dog-bites-than-ever/

There is the article it came from.

Overall dog attacks in 2004 (Right as the ban happened)
-pitbull population:1,411
-pitbull population:423

There are more dog bites now then ever before. The very definition of failure.

I know we don’t have actual tests to determine eligibility to own a dangerous breed of dog but if we did that should be a question on the test.

True or False. A Pitbull and a Golden Retriever are equally dangerous dogs.

Hulk-Pit-Bull-2.jpg

if there are no 125lbs pits,what the hell is this?

I've seen pitbulls be the sweetest dogs ever. I've also seen little maltese poodles be the sweetest dogs ever.

And then I've seen a maltese poodle bite someone's ankle when they walk by too fast. And I've seen a pitbull try to do the same. The results aren't the same.

Exactly, by all accounts large cats (jaguars etc) are far more "noble" of temperament than small cats (who are comparatively serial killers, with the highest ratio of successful hunts in the animal kingdom). Doesn't matter though, as little feral kitty is tiny and noble jaguar is huge.

Mentality is one thing, physicality is a whole other. I've an English cockaspaniel. They can suffer from "cocka madness" where they spazz out. She'll snarl like a rabid wolf but in the end her 28 pounds of fluff can't even harm a child. Her bite is so weak (bred that way so they don't ruin the woodcocks when they fetch them) that when she does get her mouth around my arm she lacks the strength to bite down with any pressure at all. Her bite strength is so weak her teeth don't even make marks.

If she charges a toddler and knocks them down she might be able to crush them a little with her weight, I guess lol.

Back