Pineapples on a pizza? Yay or nay?

Depends on if you'll be coming in someone's mouth later.

If yes, eat the pineapple.

If no, eat the pineapple anyway, in case of surprise BJ

Last edited:
Pineapple on pizza is amazing. Onion, on the other hand, is fucking disgusting.

Depends what kind of pizza it is. On a NY style thin crust, it doesn't work. But it works on a medium sized crust along with mushrooms and olives and chicken.

Same with Chinese food. Pineapples generally don't work. But if you order sweet and sour chicken over fried rice, pineapples are amazing.

im ok with it being on an overly meaty pizza. That whole sweat and savory thing which is a pillar of good food.

I am not going out of my way to order it though but if its on there im ok with it.

Only with ham on the pizza, otherwise I don’t reallu like it

I wouldn't never order it myself, but when I worked at pizza places, I'd happily eat it when it was available. I prefer other stuff but it's a surprisingly good combination, the sweetness actually really compliments the rest of the pizza. I'd probably order it but it's got a shorter shelf life and part of pizza is saving some for later.

People that think pineapple is too sweet for pizza have never tried it or it wasn't cooked right.

Cooked pineapple only has a hint of sweetness and compliments the saltiness of a pizza perfectly. When I don't feel like meats, pineapple + black olive is my go to.

I'll never order it on my own but I'll eat it if it's available.

I've seen people add all kinds of other shit on pizza so take it easy. BBQ sauce is fine but pineapples aren't?

Last edited:
Yes then you must drown it in ketchup before every bite

Yummy additional toppings:

* Mayonnaise

* Cinnamon

* Vinegar

I can't stand people who tell others how to eat their food, but I can't get on board with this. I think pizza just doesn't feel right if it's too sweet. The oil and grease from the cheese don't go well with something too sugary. They're just opposites and the combination is not good.

I avoid Hawaiian pizzas, but will take the pineapples off and eat those separately if I have to. I know some people swear by pineapples on a pizza, but I think most are with me. So how does everyone else feel?

i'm with you. i fucking hate pineapple pizza. something that sweet shouldn't be on a pizza, in my opinion. too much of a contrast. but i'm totally with you on a hawaiian pizza with everything minus the pineapple. love everything else that's on it.

It doesn't go well with pizza sauce and pizza cheese.

Yay.

Maybe the sweetness balances out the acidity of the sauce. Think when people put sugar into tomato cause to reduce the acidity. It doesn't bother me. *shrugs*

I haven't had it for awhile, but I'm not against it.

Fuck putting pineapples on pizzas. I'd love to see some dipshit ask for pineapples on their pizzas in a pizzeria in Naples, Italy.

Back