Media Pimblett Goes off on Helwani in Interview with Dana White (UPDATE: Helwani Responds).

The whole point of going on Ariel's show is to promote yourself. It's free promotion

It's a financially beneficial arrangement for Ariel though. I don't know how much money he makes for Youtube views but if he's making decent money out of it he could kick some back. Given that he felt he could walk away from his ESPN contract he's probably doing well.

So he soo wants to be interviewed by him but he doesnt get paid for it, a bummer for Paddy.

Paddy is sincere and very smart, but a lot of fighters like Ariel. I disagree with some of the things Ariel says, but so what. I think he has integrity, and he's brave enough to not be a UFC sycophant like most UFC "journalists".
You don't find John Morgan to be a hard hitter with journalistic integrity and a nose for seeking out the truth?

You don't find John Morgan to be a hard hitter with journalistic integrity and a nose for seeking out the truth?
He's above average, but he's always on his best behavior. He doesn't stir the pot nearly as much as Ariel. He doesn't want to lose that press conference credential.

Dana licking his lips at all that.

He must find that delicious.

I don't really like or dislike Ariel but this is very strange from Paddy. Ariel has been his #1 fan and has hyped the shit out of him for as long as I can remember. He absolutely loves (or loved) the Paddy/Molly duo. This is even after the whole refusing to go on his show thing. Thinking about it, I've never heard Ariel say a bad word about Paddy.

I didn't like or dislike him either, but, Ariel like to cross the boundaries in his questions when he started. His type of work comes with those type. I thought for the most part it was entertaining, certain times, I saw it as going to far. Paddy and Dana are buddies for life now lol.

Holy shit paddy has such an L take here, not the biggest Helwani fan but you can’t dispute he’s done his fair share of work of putting rising fighters on the map /promoting the sport of MMA as a whole /guy whos not afraid to call out Dana on his bullshit

Paddy rn
deepthroat-blowjob.gif

I don't listen/watch Ariel, but how many ass kissing journalists does the UFC need? Of all the professional sports org's out there, the UFC is near the top of those that need to be kept in check (gambling controversy, awful fighter pay, not providing support/pension for fighters' healthcare after retirement, etc).

I like Paddy... and this was a fun interview... and he makes some good points about Ariel, who I personally feel has gotten a bit too "spicy" lately (if that makes sense)... but I did admittedly cringe a bit on this. The words used were hyperbolic, in my opinion, and felt a little disingenuous from Dana (more so than Paddy). I do feel there are fair points made though about MMA journalism in 2022, and that this video is a decent reflection of some of the issues, albeit perhaps overexaggerating.

Just realized this is a recent vid holy shit. I thought this was some resurfaced vid. Paddy has a fight in a few days and he has Dana White on his podcast... Yeah they're gonna give him softball matchups for the rest of his career. Shit they might try giving him a title shot off beating Clay Guida or Jim Miller <Lmaoo>

Just realized this is a recent vid holy shit. I thought this was some resurfaced vid. Paddy has a fight in a few days and he has Dana White on his podcast... Yeah they're gonna give him softball matchups for the rest of his career. Shit they might try giving him a title shot off beating Clay Guida or Jim Miller <Lmaoo>

On Embedded he did a meet and greet in Vegas and it seems a shitload of people turned up. Dude is extremely popular.

That's pretty cringeworthy, he's a giant dork, he's not ethering anyone he's just bitching on his YouTube show to his audience of neckbeards.
Yeah -- I'm not "anti Helwani", but miss me with that "I'm a gangster because I talk about shit on my platform" bollocks. Ariel can be well spoken and make solid points in my opinion and do it damn well at his best, but I do feel he makes things a bit much about himself sometimes. I certainly feel he has a proper reason to defend himself with these words, but holy fuck man get 2Pac out of your fucking post dude this ain't it.

Calling Helwani one of the worst slimiest people ever? Really? Like ever? You’d think Ariel killed some puppies and kittens while molesting children the way they are talking. Chill out out there fellas.
For real -- I think there are some valid reasons to perhaps have a level of mild disdain for Ariel, but a lot of credibility is lost in my opinion (even if it's meant to be used as an exaggeration) when you call a fucking journalist the slimiest person ever. Like, holy shit man he isn't a fucking murderer. At worst, he's somewhat of a shady interviewer with a job to do.

Back