Media Pimblett Goes off on Helwani in Interview with Dana White (UPDATE: Helwani Responds).

Oh yeah Ariel putting THOUSANDS in his pockets, but your one on one interview with Dana Fucking White ( 12+ years I've watched MMA I've NEVER Seen Dana do this ), won't do 10× that? Come the fuck on.

Oh yeah Ariel putting THOUSANDS in his pockets, but your one on one interview with Dana Fucking White ( 12+ years I've watched MMA I've NEVER Seen Dana do this ), won't do 10× that? Come the fuck on.
For real, imagine how Gordon feels watching this shit.

Paddy just said that he was doing other journalists who do. Why wouldn't a production pay guests that come on? They make enough to pay Ariel's salary. No fighters and no one would tune in.

I doubt very many journalists are paying anything. Also, Pimplett was reaching out to Ariel, not the other way around.

But hey, I'm sure Pimplett will get all of the money generated by the video he did with Uncle Bald. Or he'll just wait for a 50k bonus for stroking Dana.

From what I can see of the general reaction to this Paddy has misjudged this one - fans mostly against him thinking hes sucking up to Dana and lying.

Tbf Pimblett is cunt and always has been but obviously its unforutnate for those just finding this out.

Dunno what the UFC's long term plan with Pimblett is because he ain't Conor - he's getting slept by the first ranked fighter he comes across and probably before.

Both Dana & Ariel are pieces of shit, no meed to take sides here.

Say what you want about Dana and chances are I'll agree with most of it, but he is the #3 most important person that got MMA to become the sport we all know and love. (I'd add he's also the anchor sinking the chances of prime A-level talent from entering the UFC and the sport.)

But Ariel has made NO contributions whatsoever to the sport, and since the day he started covering MMA to now he's been a scumbag clickbait 'sport journalist,' and will continue to be one until he retires from covering the sport.

As I said, both Dana & Ariel are pieces of shit, but Ariel is the only one that can be flushed.
He's contributed some of the very limited coverage of the sport which isn't bought and paid for by Dana, and given how little of that there is thats a pretty big one.

Last edited:
Both Dana & Ariel are pieces of shit, no meed to take sides here.

Say what you want about Dana and chances are I'll agree with most of it, but he is the #3 most important person that got MMA to become the sport we all know and love. (I'd add he's also the anchor sinking the chances of prime A-level talent from entering the UFC and the sport.)

But Ariel has made NO contributions whatsoever to the sport, and since the day he started covering MMA to now he's been a scumbag clickbait 'sport journalist,' and will continue to be one until he retires from covering the sport.

As I said, both Dana & Ariel are pieces of shit, but Ariel is the only one that can be flushed.

Ariel has absolutely contributed to the sport. The interviews on the MMAHour have opened my eyes and made me a fan of countless fighters over the years, as I'm sure is the case with many others.

Paddy just said that he was doing other journalists who do. Why wouldn't a production pay guests that come on? They make enough to pay Ariel's salary. No fighters and no one would tune in.
He works for barstool. I doubt any real journalist is paying him. Do you think Dana white gets paid to go on his radio station tour the Thursday prior to most ppv's? You do radio/podcasts to promote yourself.

I only know who paddy is because Ariel had him on and talked about him for several years even before he was in the UFC.

Wtf?

Should fighters pay fans who goes to the events? Should Kanye pay fans who goes to his concerts?

I attended one of Paddys fights. He should've paid me imo

From what I can see of the general reaction to this Paddy has misjudged this one - fans mostly against him thinking hes sucking up to Dana and lying.

Tbf Pimblett is cunt and always has been but obviously its unforutnate for those just finding this out.

Dunno what the UFC's long term plan with Pimblett is because he ain't Conor - he's getting slept by the first ranked fighter he comes across and probably before.
At some point during Ariel's rebuttal it occurred to me that maybe Paddy is under the influence of Graham Boylan, sort of like Diego Sanchez was with Joshua Fabia.

Ariel rubs some people the wrong way but he's doing an important job, in a field reporters who attend UFC events who aren't ALLOWED to do their job. They have a list of questions they can and can't ask, if they speak out of turn and piss Dana off they're banned from future events and their career is ruined, so almost all the MMA media are shills and promotional tools who don't ask the tough questions.

Knowing this is going on you have to give Ariel credit for continuing to do what he does, he's the little guy going against the machine, part of me would love it if he somehow brings Dana down some day with a scandal, he deserves that win. Paddy is a giving off bad vibes siding with Dana (the objectively wrong side of things) on this to kiss his ass and help advance his career.

Fair points, but Ariel was a huge supporter of Paddy way before he signed with the UFC. At this point, it looks like Paddy is just sucking up to uncle Dana. Paddy had no issue going on Ariel’s show when he was a nobody, and now all of a sudden he wants to get paid for it? Weak.
He's under the influence of his manager, Graham Boylan. Boylan planted this bad seed in Paddy's head. One day Paddy will realize this, sort of like Diego eventually broke free of Joshua Fabia's spell.

He's contributed some of the very limited coverage of the sport which isn't bough

And if Ariel never existed would the sport be smaller today, because of that coverage?

"Ariel Helwani is who got me into watching MMA," - Absolutely no one, ever.

I find it disconcerting that so many people here are unable to see that Ariel is at least being a journalist, asking the questions the fans want answers to, while Paddy and Dana are just being schmucks.

Since day one it seems, so many fighters and UFC officials just want to do what ever they want with out out being asked anything about their poor actions amd label Helwani a trouble maker. It's no different than the reporter that reported the CIA was selling drugs. Any reporter worth their salt will be despised by the ones they report on.

Paddy is a Dana shill and Ariel shills to get interviews...

pot meet kettle.

Pretty indifferent about Ariel, but I watched his entire response and I'd have to say he absolutely shreds Uncle Dana and Paddy. He shreds them with actual receipts and facts. Paddy embarrasses himself big time with this interview with Dana.

Back