Media Pimblett Goes off on Helwani in Interview with Dana White (UPDATE: Helwani Responds).

Why doesn't he address why it's not hypocritical? He could of defended his methods rather than talk about insults. I think it's pretty spot on how Paddy says there are media places that pay fighters for interviews. Ariel doesn't. Ariel also complains very loudly about fighter pay.
Because he doesn't need to? No one being forced to go on the show, are they? Fighter pay a whole different issue.

So Okamoto lol, there is only one guy who works there
Yep, 100%. Shook as hell when I called him out by name then ran out of the building after security asked him what the fuck he was doing.

why would Ariel pay people to be on his show? What a stupid premise for an argument

I saw one of the biggest MMA journos who works for ESPN sexually assault a ring girl a couple of weeks ago at a charity MMA event.
These guys are not serious. They suck.
Yeah, because one bad apple makes them all bad apples, gtfoh.

Both Dana & Ariel are pieces of shit, no meed to take sides here.

Say what you want about Dana and chances are I'll agree with most of it, but he is the #3 most important person that got MMA to become the sport we all know and love. (I'd add he's also the anchor sinking the chances of prime A-level talent from entering the UFC and the sport.)

But Ariel has made NO contributions whatsoever to the sport, and since the day he started covering MMA to now he's been a scumbag clickbait 'sport journalist,' and will continue to be one until he retires from covering the sport.

As I said, both Dana & Ariel are pieces of shit, but Ariel is the only one that can be flushed.

Because he doesn't need to? No one being forced to go on the show, are they? Fighter pay a whole different issue.
Both Dana and Helwani get money from having fighters in media. In fact you could even argue Ariel gets more time of the fighters than they spend in the UFC in a year. Helwani has spent so much of his time, and don't play dumb as if he rarely mentioned how fighters don't get paid enough. Like dude is your show's budget 1M a year? Well UFC pays 16-20% of their revenue, that's 160k-200k you should easily chip in for guests. Why shouldn't Ariel match it? He pretends to care about how poor fighters are and pays nothing. I always thought they got paid going on. It's complete hypocrisy. No I don't think Ariel would have 1/2 the viewers if there was no guests and he only spoke about his analysis and opinion. I've watched him since he blew up.

He said he doesn't make any extra money for views and he's on a basic contract. The places Paddy was talking about were Howler Head and Barstool which are both sponsorship gigs
Doesn't matter he's one of the highest paid mma journalists. I'm shocked they don't chuck something down. Like 100$ gift card? I get UFC is making millions off fighters, but Helwani is making thousands. No one is watching the show without his guests, atleast that's how I choose when to tune in.

It's a financially beneficial arrangement for Ariel though. I don't know how much money he makes for Youtube views but if he's making decent money out of it he could kick some back. Given that he felt he could walk away from his ESPN contract he's probably doing well.

he makes zero off of YouTube. He has a contract with his company. 0 views. 1 million views ge makes the same.

This kinda cancels out Paddy's dog shit decency. There was no need for it

Both Dana and Helwani get money from having fighters in media. Helwani has spent so many times, and don't play dumb as if he rarely mentioned how fighters don't get paid enough. Like dude is your show's budget 1M a year? Well UFC pays 16-20% of their revenue, that's 160k-200k you should easily chip in for guests. Why shouldn't Ariel match it? He pretends to care about how poor fighters are and pays nothing. I always thought they got paid going on. It's complete hypocrisy. No I don't think Ariel would have 1/2 the viewers if there was no guests and he only spoke about his analysis and opinion. I've watched him since he blew up.

Doesn't matter he's one of the highest paid mma journalists. I'm shocked they don't chuck something down. Like 100$ gift card? I get UFC is making millions off fighters, but Helwani is making thousands. No one is watching the show without his guests, atleast that's how I choose when to tune in.

Journalists don’t pay for interviews.

Journalists don’t pay for interviews.
Paddy just said that he was doing other journalists who do. Why wouldn't a production pay guests that come on? They make enough to pay Ariel's salary. No fighters and no one would tune in.

Back