Pictures of when MMA fighters were kids

You dont know why? Bc we were raised in communism.
Dont you remember how the school pics were made? Some communistic bitch teacher was terryfying us the day before school pics were taken that we need to be dressed properly next Day for it. Then at the day of schooting whole school was gathered at the soccer field next to scholl waitig to get the pic taken. Each pic taken by class. If someone was making something goofy during the photoshoot and it was seen at the pic teacher pulled you in front of the class, made huge tirade and didnt give you your pic or some shit like that.

Haha yeah, pretty much. A bunch of dead serious 7-year-olds in suits and ties looked pretty hilarious. All the girls were told to wear white aprons, and the photographer was always some Soviet dude with a moustache dressed in sweater, who would always tell you to keep your chin higher, stare directly into the camera and don't move until he allows you to.

I don't think it's a matter of friendliness. I have a Russian co worker, who is friendly and helpful, but she only smiles if there's something to smile about, like if a joke is funny. Also, I think their take on happiness is different too.

I once read that America is one of the few countries where people expect to be happy and cry foul if they are not. Where most people see the world as a place where life is expected to be sad and tragic.

Also, I've travelled to a lot of eastern european countries and I have a couple eastern european friends, I think a lot of eastern european countries look at walking around smiling as a weakness, almost like you are stupid as well.

I will advise you to move to North Korea then. Cuba can be your second choice but you need to be quick. It wount last for too much longer there.

Communism, as far as countries or regimes are concerned, doesn’t exist and has never existed.

I don't think it's a matter of friendliness. I have a Russian co worker, who is friendly and helpful, but she only smiles if there's something to smile about, like if a joke is funny. Also, I think their take on happiness is different too.

I once read that America is one of the few countries where people expect to be happy and cry foul if they are not. Where most people see the world as a place where life is expected to be sad and tragic.

Yes, I also work with some eastern european countries and the people there only laught when something is actually funny.

They do not see the smile as an act of social treatment.

Besides the history and wars, the climate also plays a part. Every country I've visited that has cold climates, people laught a lot less.

I'm portuguese so there's a lot of sun. We laugh a lot!!

I guess so.
Moscow is actually one of the least friendlier cities in the world.

It looks like a person that smiles a lot is considered weak.
People don't fuck around there!!
Man there's this old school documentary about the street kids of Moscow after the fall of the USSR. Shit it is so sad and rough......like gangs of homeless kids as young as five that just got lost in the shuffle.....I wish I could remember the name of it.

Man there's this old school documentary about the street kids of Moscow after the fall of the USSR. Shit it is so sad and rough......like gangs of homeless kids as young as five that just got lost in the shuffle.....I wish I could remember the name of it.

If you ever remember, please let me know.

Imagine growing up like that!! I would imagine that your kids would not be raised on a happy home!!

Cold, war, poverty, hunger!
Damm, I would not be laughing very much either!!

we americans are lucky that we haven't had foreign wars on our soil for a very long time. world war II was not that long ago, and the major countries involved, especially russia, germany, china, japan, etc. retain scars from all the death and tragedy that took place.

If you ever remember, please let me know.

Imagine growing up like that!! I would imagine that your kids would not be raised on a happy home!!

Cold, war, poverty, hunger!
Damm, I would not be laughing very much either!!

Must be 'The Children of Leningradsky'

5 pages and no khabib vs. bear?

c7om9QT.gif

Great thread!
I have nothing to contribute but thanks to all who did. It was an entertaining few clicks.

Back